Windows 10: Event Log Says computer was shutdown but it was very much, random PC frezze Event ID 6008

Discus and support Event Log Says computer was shutdown but it was very much, random PC frezze Event ID 6008 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi There, Recently I have been having some weird "happenings" on my windows 10 PC. Today it simply froze, no BSOD, Ctrl+Alt+Del didn't do anything,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Milord PT, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Milord PT Win User

Event Log Says computer was shutdown but it was very much, random PC frezze Event ID 6008

Hi There,

Recently I have been having some weird "happenings" on my windows 10 PC.

• Today it simply froze, no BSOD, Ctrl+Alt+Del didn't do anything, I could move the mouse but anything else was not working. This is probably the third time this has happened. I waited 30 minutes and powered it off, and rebooted it as I did the other two times. I check the system event log and it said the computer was unexpectedly shutdown Event Id =6008 , but the event log had the timestamp of 12:48 PM while I turned it off approximately 30 minutes afterwards, is this normal?
    • The second thing that has been going on recently is that from time to time a day the screen flickers and the speakers make a popping noise, notice the PC is connected to the screen through an HDMI.
    • Another recent thing but I think it has been fixed is that I was running out of memory I increased the Paging File and I think it was solved.

Maybe I should give you guys my event logs and minidumps but I don't know what would be the best way to do that.

It is a hp pavilion sleekbook 15 bs102p Repurposed to be a desktop PC it is connected to the power supply and there is no battery:

• IntelR CoreTM i5-3337U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.80 GHz
    • 6Gb of Ram
    • 500 Gb HDD in two partitions Hitachi
    • NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M
    • Windows version is 20H2

If any more information is required I will be happy to help!!

Thanks in Advance!!!

PS: I have also been getting some weird Event ID's=10016, and did sfc/scan and chkdsk and no problems were found.

:)

Milord PT, Apr 11, 2021
  2. odddray Win User

random shutdown problem in event log

im expierenceing random shutdowns when playing games but the wierd part is is that the mouse stays on and the keybaord. and when i wiggle the mouse the computer boots up.

would this weird error be an error in the the event log.
    if so what would it be under????

odddray, Apr 11, 2021
  3. Event ID 6008, Windows 10 1809

We had a recent Power outage and I usually look for Event ID 6008 to tell me when the Unexpected shutdown occurred - I have looked at 5 PC's all affected by the power down and none have recorded a 6008, only 6009, 6005 & 6013 in that order.

I've simulated crashes and still 6008 not being logged.

This feature was active in 1803 but not being logged in 1809 - anybody else having this result ?

BobBarkell, Apr 11, 2021
  4. DJKeetch Win User

Event Log Says computer was shutdown but it was very much, random PC frezze Event ID 6008

event id 6008

I believe that event id 6008 is meant to indicate that the previous shutdown was unexpected. However on my computer it happens at odd times with successful shut downs in between. See the attached. I looked at what was happenning at 9:10:19
    on 23rd February and the computer was starting up (successfully) rather than shutting down.

DJKeetch, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Event Log Says computer was shutdown but it was very much, random PC frezze Event ID 6008 - Similar Threads - Event Log Says

2. Help Error pc shutdown event id 6008

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help Error pc shutdown event id 6008: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah-ISVO0wFcBca5h_ABt_I9yDbA?e=mE3Eksplease help someone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-error-pc-shutdown-event-id-6008/d7b3292a-e2df-40c0-b622-958d0667b1b1
  3. pc shutdown in games event id 6008

pc shutdown in games event id 6008: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="EventLog" /> <EventID Qualifiers="32768">6008</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>...
  4. Event Log Says computer was shutdown but it was on, random PC frezze Event ID 6008

Event Log Says computer was shutdown but it was on, random PC frezze Event ID 6008: Hi There, Recently I have been having some weird "happenings" on my windows 10 PC. Today it simply froze, no BSOD, Ctrl+Alt+Del didn't do anything, I could move the mouse but anything else was not working. This is probably the third time this has happened. I waited 30...
  5. Random shutdowns Event ID 6008

Random shutdowns Event ID 6008: Hello, Over the past month I've had 10 random shutdown events. Checking temperatures seemed to indicate nothing wrong, though I did also clean the case of my PC for good measure. The hardware seems fine, the memory has no issues, the hard drives seem fine. There was an...
  6. event id 6008

event id 6008: i have updated my graphics driver recently. 30 mins ago, my computer restarted itself 3-4 times. it is ok for now. here are my event logs all same log -<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> -<System> <Provider Name="EventLog" />...
  7. Event ID 6008

Event ID 6008: Hi there, Every time I get this error I got so confused that I am even using the PC at that specific time and it told me there was a unexpected system shutdown. I searched the whole event viewer at that specific time and all I got is nothing. I did got a unexpected...
  8. EVENT ID 6008

in Windows 10 Gaming
    EVENT ID 6008: Recently had a new computer built for me. Ever since I brought it home, the computer shuts down whilst a program is running. Only 1 program runs when it shuts down. The whole computer just shuts down then about 5 minutes later it reboots. I've taken the computer back...
  9. Event 6008, Event Log.

Event 6008, Event Log.: Hi , I found my PC in the restart condition and when I checked the logs I found Event 6008. Message displayed " The previous system shutdown at 17:45:34 on 10/09/2019 was unexpected". Log Name: System Logged 10/09/2019 18:21:15. etc.. Please check attached image....
  10. event id 6008

in Windows 10 Support
    event id 6008: I believe that event id 6008 is meant to indicate that the previous shutdown was unexpected. However on my computer it happens at odd times with successful shut downs in between. See the attached. I looked at what was happenning at 9:10:19 on 23rd February and the computer...