Windows 10: Event Log Service

Discus and support Event Log Service in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I try to use Event Viewer it tells me that Event Log Service is not running or unavailable. I find that it is stopped so I start the service but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by glynevans1, Jun 11, 2020.

1. Event Log Service

When I try to use Event Viewer it tells me that Event Log Service is not running or unavailable. I find that it is stopped so I start the service but if I check back later I get the same message and nothing has been logged

:)

glynevans1, Jun 11, 2020

2. "Windows Event Log" service not starting

When I start the "Windows Event Log" service I get the following error:

Windows could not start the Windows Event Log service on Local Computer.

Error 15008: The specified xml text was not well-formed. See Extended Error for more details.

Any suggestion on how to make this sevice work again?

Thanks,

AndreaSchiavinato, Jun 13, 2020
  3. "Windows Event Log" service not starting

Thanks for the answer.

Unfortuantely your suggestions did not solved the problem: the clean boot didn't help me in find/solve the issue and, as suggested by BugsB, I restarted the machine in safe mode but I didn't found any MBR error.

Is there any file that can be copied from another machine in order to restore the Windows Event Log service ?

AndreaSchiavinato, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Event Log Service

Receive this message everytime I try to log on. Windows couldn't connect to the group policy client service in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Method 1: You may use Event viewer to check what is causing this issue.

Event Viewer is an advanced tool that displays detailed information about significant events on your computer. It can be helpful when troubleshooting problems and errors with Windows and other programs.

Follow the steps to open Event Viewer.

• Type Event Viewer in search box and select Event Viewer.

Method 2: Make sure Group policy client service is up and running.

Refer the following steps:

• Press Windows + R.

• Type services.msc, and then click
      OK.

• Look for Group policy client service, right click on it and click on properties.

• Make sure Service status is started and startup type is automatic.

• Click on Apply and Okay.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Event Log Service

1. Event Log Service - Similar Threads - Event Log Service

2. Automatically Save Logs from Applications and Services Logs Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Automatically Save Logs from Applications and Services Logs Event Viewer: I am trying to create a task that will automatically save certain logs from Event Viewer that are saved in the Applications and Services Logs folder. I have found Powershell scripts that will save the logs from the Windows Logs folder but they do not work on the Applications...
  3. Automatically Save Logs from Applications and Services Logs Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Automatically Save Logs from Applications and Services Logs Event Viewer: I am trying to create a task that will automatically save certain logs from Event Viewer that are saved in the Applications and Services Logs folder. I have found Powershell scripts that will save the logs from the Windows Logs folder but they do not work on the Applications...
  4. Event viewer Applications and Services Logs Empty!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event viewer Applications and Services Logs Empty!: HiWhen I checked the Event viewer today All the applications and services logs are empty apart from windows power shell.I needed to look at Hardware events in particular.I ran through this I found...
  5. Event viewer Applications and Services Logs Empty!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event viewer Applications and Services Logs Empty!: HiWhen I checked the Event viewer today All the applications and services logs are empty apart from windows power shell.I needed to look at Hardware events in particular.I ran through this I found...
  6. Event viewer Applications and Services Logs Empty!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows Event Log Service Restart/Shutdown logs

Windows Event Log Service Restart/Shutdown logs: Hi, I had a question regarding the logistics of Windows Event Log. I'm trying to build a service that depends on time, and am trying to use Windows Event Log's timestamps for specific events, mainly power-related events such as Restart/Shutdown/Dirty Shutdown and Time...
  8. Windows event log service endlessly creates files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows event log service endlessly creates files: So i turned my pc on today, as it loaded it said that its finishing setup of some update. I ran discord (i rarely use it so its not set on auto-start), checked it and ran red dead redemption 2 and started playing. Then, as i was playing, i foolishly alt+tabbed to check...
  9. Disco 100% with Host Service: Event Logs

Disco 100% with Host Service: Event Logs: My pc are getting 100% disc use with an recorrent error: Não é possível iniciar o servidor DCOM: Microsoft.Windows.CloudExperienceHost_10.0.18362.449_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy!Windows.Security.Authentication.Web.Core.BackgroundGetTokenTask.ClassId.WebAccountProvider...
  10. Event ID 257 App Events log- The Cryptographic Services service failed

in Windows 10 Support
    Event ID 257 App Events log- The Cryptographic Services service failed: System is functioning fine, however this error continually logs in the app log. Trying all kinds of fixes everywhere and hoping the Win10 forum group can help out as you guys are probably the best source anywhere for troubleshooting/fixes for Win10. Code: Log Name:...