Windows 10: Event Log too many key migration events

Discus and support Event Log too many key migration events in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, recently I seen that in my event log there are too many of key migration events, and other that connected to keys events, as I seen they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_MeetYourMaker_, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Event Log too many key migration events

Hello, recently I seen that in my event log there are too many of key migration events, and other that connected to keys events, as I seen they are doing cycle of about 20 events, but they are doing it every 2-5 minutes, is it ok? EventID's:5059, 5061, 5058, 5059

submitted by /u/_MeetYourMaker_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_MeetYourMaker_, Sep 29, 2020
  2. XVI
    xvi Win User

NTFS Compression on Event Logs

Anyone ever try doing NTFS compression on their Error Logs?
    It's all text, so it should compress pretty well.

Event Log too many key migration events NTFSCompressEventLog.png

Event Log too many key migration events NTFSCompressProperties.png

Anyone else try this? I suppose it's only useful in server-land when you have huge event logs..

To compress:
    Run services.msc
    Find Event Log and set to "Disabled"
    Reboot
    Go to c:\windows\system32\config
    NTFS Compress anything that ends in .evt
    Run services.msc
    Find Event Log and set to "Automatic"
    Reboot

3. bva-1 Win User
    Keys does not work device deleted, not migrated in event log

After Initial upgrade the keyboard worked fine driver event log shows device migrated, configured, started.

All keys working fine since upgrade until yesterday. Yesterday 1 mth after upgrade the next to top row of keys : number and symbols stopped working totally.

There are also new entries in driver event log showing device deleted, not migrated, configured, started , but I think this was from MS help removing and reinstalling device when troubleshooting today.

I checked to be sure filter keys is off.

Trying to find any update for built in keyboard using PS/ driver or any where I can get a compatible driver. Dell says product not tested for windows. MS windows 10 compatibility check prior to update said all was OK.

any ideas? MS chat help ; After doing all the things I had already done ; said to try external keyboard and if that worked the driver was not the problem and this was a laptop hardware problem. I do not totally agree since they each have their own drivers.

I am not ruling out the possibility of a bad keyboard... but there is a lot out there about PS/2 not being supported by windows 10 currently there are no roll back options showing that I can roll back to W7

Windows 10 home problems with Laptop keyboard using PS/2 driver- Original Title

bva-1, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Event Log too many key migration events

Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Event Log too many key migration events

1. Event Log too many key migration events - Similar Threads - Event Log too

2. why are there very many rapidly occurring events in event log?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why are there very many rapidly occurring events in event log?: i couldn't find a good "topic" for this post.my event viewer shows events appearing continuously and very rapidly in 3 windows logs, going back seemingly forever: application . . level: almost all information . . source: security-spp security . . keywords: all are audit...
  3. why are there very many rapidly occurring events in event log?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why are there very many rapidly occurring events in event log?: i couldn't find a good "topic" for this post.my event viewer shows events appearing continuously and very rapidly in 3 windows logs, going back seemingly forever: application . . level: almost all information . . source: security-spp security . . keywords: all are audit...
  4. why are there very many rapidly occurring events in event log?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. too many errors in event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    too many errors in event viewer: Kernel Sources,disk? I don't even know what that is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-errors-in-event-viewer/44d9eb23-571f-4f91-a581-878bf7b19350
  6. too many errors in event viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    too many errors in event viewer: Kernel Sources,disk? I don't even know what that is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/too-many-errors-in-event-viewer/44d9eb23-571f-4f91-a581-878bf7b19350
  7. too many errors in event viewer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. SO MANY ERRORS IN EVENT LOGS!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SO MANY ERRORS IN EVENT LOGS!: [ATTACH]This DCOM Error pops up everytime I open microsoft edge.. I already tried so much troubleshooting processing and nothing works! And whatever this **** is it crashes my PC randomly.. I am testing this issue on roblox a game that is not intensive whatso ever and it just...
  9. Realtek Driver Event Log Device Not Migrated

Realtek Driver Event Log Device Not Migrated: Hello Everyone, i am facing below error in the Realtek Sound Driver: Device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0293&SUBSYS_17AA2233&REV_1000\4&1253530c&5&0001 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. Last Device Instance Id:...
  10. Event 6008, Event Log.

Event 6008, Event Log.: Hi , I found my PC in the restart condition and when I checked the logs I found Event 6008. Message displayed " The previous system shutdown at 17:45:34 on 10/09/2019 was unexpected". Log Name: System Logged 10/09/2019 18:21:15. etc.. Please check attached image....