Windows 10: event log

Discus and support event log in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My event log shows numerous errors and warnings specifically for DistributedCom - this started happening around the 1st of November - should i do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChrisBlastick, Nov 19, 2018.

1. event log

My event log shows numerous errors and warnings specifically for DistributedCom - this started happening around the 1st of November - should i do something?

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">10016</EventID>
    <Version>0</Version>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>0</Task>
    <Opcode>0</Opcode>
    <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2018-11-19T14:33:36.723370600Z" />
    <EventRecordID>16910</EventRecordID>
    <Correlation />
    <Execution ProcessID="628" ThreadID="13596" />
    <Channel>System</Channel>
    <Computer>DESKTOP-IJTBUBT</Computer>
    <Security UserID="S-1-5-19" />
    </System>
    - <EventData>
    <Data Name="param1">application-specific</Data>
    <Data Name="param2">Local</Data>
    <Data Name="param3">Activation</Data>
    <Data Name="param4">{D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}</Data>
    <Data Name="param5">{9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}</Data>
    <Data Name="param6">NT AUTHORITY</Data>
    <Data Name="param7">LOCAL SERVICE</Data>
    <Data Name="param8">S-1-5-19</Data>
    <Data Name="param9">LocalHost (Using LRPC)</Data>
    <Data Name="param10">Unavailable</Data>
    <Data Name="param11">Unavailable</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

:)

ChrisBlastick, Nov 19, 2018
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Event "Error" Log Repair required (Windows 10)

Hi,

There are a lot of
    possibilities why these errors occur in
    your event logs. The errors depends on what it is related to. It could be your
    application, drivers, firmware, hardware, or your storage devices. You can check this
    link for further information regarding event log issues.

We suggest that you perform these following methods of troubleshooting steps and check if there's any changes:

Method 1: Update your drivers.

To know how to update your drivers, click
    here.

Method 2:
    Run SFC Scan.  

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 3:
    Run DISM Tool.  

To run
    DISM Tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel. 

Method 4: Clean Boot.

To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 19, 2018
  3. nancy3243 Win User
    Event Error Log

Windows 10 Event Error Log - Summary Section

One of the Logs listed needs to be deleted since this application has been removed from my laptop. Is there anyway to remove it from the Log -Summary Section?

nancy3243, Nov 19, 2018
  4. XVI
    xvi Win User

event log

NTFS Compression on Event Logs

Anyone ever try doing NTFS compression on their Error Logs?
    It's all text, so it should compress pretty well.

event log NTFSCompressEventLog.png

event log NTFSCompressProperties.png

Anyone else try this? I suppose it's only useful in server-land when you have huge event logs..

To compress:
    Run services.msc
    Find Event Log and set to "Disabled"
    Reboot
    Go to c:\windows\system32\config
    NTFS Compress anything that ends in .evt
    Run services.msc
    Find Event Log and set to "Automatic"
    Reboot

Thema:

event log

1. event log - Similar Threads - event log

2. "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?: I checked my Windows Defender logs in Event Viewer > Applications and Services > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender > Operational, and saw something I haven't really seen before, the event said;"Old Value: N/A\SpyNet\LastMAPSFailureTimeString=""New Value:...
  3. "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?: I checked my Windows Defender logs in Event Viewer > Applications and Services > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender > Operational, and saw something I haven't really seen before, the event said;"Old Value: N/A\SpyNet\LastMAPSFailureTimeString=""New Value:...
  4. "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. BSOD several times per day, bugcheck: 0x0000007e, minidumps and event logs are included....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD several times per day, bugcheck: 0x0000007e, minidumps and event logs are included....: Hello, I have been facing issues of BSOD on 3 of my PCs. They are all doing getting BSOD several times since December 2023. Event Logs and Minidumps are in the One Drive: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ag1g9H3Bpl3LjzFqygHE7oBvvwVk?e=eY4S5qI have of course opened the minidump files and...
  6. BSOD several times per day, bugcheck: 0x0000007e, minidumps and event logs are included....

BSOD several times per day, bugcheck: 0x0000007e, minidumps and event logs are included....: Hello, I have been facing issues of BSOD on 3 of my PCs. They are all doing getting BSOD several times since December 2023. Event Logs and Minidumps are in the One Drive: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ag1g9H3Bpl3LjzFqygHE7oBvvwVk?e=eY4S5qI have of course opened the minidump files and...
  7. BSOD several times per day, bugcheck: 0x0000007e, minidumps and event logs are included....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. BSOD Issues, Event Viewer logs attached.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Issues, Event Viewer logs attached.: I've reinstalled Windows through a bootable media on the computer, which was fine for a while. Prior to this, a few things happened:- BSOD on start every time- Safe boot did not fix BSOD- CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error code on BSODWorked fine after the bootable media, and now...
  9. BSOD Issues, Event Viewer logs attached.

BSOD Issues, Event Viewer logs attached.: I've reinstalled Windows through a bootable media on the computer, which was fine for a while. Prior to this, a few things happened:- BSOD on start every time- Safe boot did not fix BSOD- CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error code on BSODWorked fine after the bootable media, and now...
  10. Persistent Blue Screen Errors with Timestamped Event Log Details

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent Blue Screen Errors with Timestamped Event Log Details: I've been grappling with persistent blue screen errors on my system, and to understand the root cause, I've been closely monitoring the Event Log Viewer. What's particularly concerning is that these errors seem to be occurring consistently at specific times. Here's a...