Windows 10: event logs - I want to see if someone has logged on to my microsoft surface

Discus and support event logs - I want to see if someone has logged on to my microsoft surface in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, Any help appreciated. I left my laptop at someone's house overnight a few months ago this person knew my logon password and am now concerned that... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KatieWhite2, Apr 21, 2020.

1. event logs - I want to see if someone has logged on to my microsoft surface

Hi,

Any help appreciated. I left my laptop at someone's house overnight a few months ago this person knew my logon password and am now concerned that they logged on to my laptop and removed information. I've looked at the security event logs to see if any 'logon' events show that day, but it has only kept the last 20 days as there was an automated limit on the number of entries. The 'system' event log and 'application' event logs do go back as far as I need. Will any of the event codes recorded on these logs prove that someone logged on and was using the machine, as opposed to being background events?

I hope this makes sense - essentially, I want to know if my laptop was used on 1st Dec last year. I wasn't there that day, so if there any events logged that can only take place when the laptop is on / being used, I'd be grateful for your knowledge!

Thanks.

:)

KatieWhite2, Apr 21, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Surface Pro 4 Log in issues

Hello Bex,

For us to help you suggest steps to resolve the issue, we would like to know some information:

• Did you get any error messages when signing in to your account?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried to login using a different Microsoft account or local account on the computer?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by Ashish Sondhi on this

link

Post us back with the result.

Remon Ont, Apr 21, 2020
  3. XVI
    xvi Win User
    NTFS Compression on Event Logs

Anyone ever try doing NTFS compression on their Error Logs?
    It's all text, so it should compress pretty well.

event logs - I want to see if someone has logged on to my microsoft surface NTFSCompressEventLog.png

event logs - I want to see if someone has logged on to my microsoft surface NTFSCompressProperties.png

Anyone else try this? I suppose it's only useful in server-land when you have huge event logs..

To compress:
    Run services.msc
    Find Event Log and set to "Disabled"
    Reboot
    Go to c:\windows\system32\config
    NTFS Compress anything that ends in .evt
    Run services.msc
    Find Event Log and set to "Automatic"
    Reboot

4. nancy3243 Win User

event logs - I want to see if someone has logged on to my microsoft surface

Event Error Log

Windows 10 Event Error Log - Summary Section

One of the Logs listed needs to be deleted since this application has been removed from my laptop. Is there anyway to remove it from the Log -Summary Section?

nancy3243, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

event logs - I want to see if someone has logged on to my microsoft surface

1. event logs - I want to see if someone has logged on to my microsoft surface - Similar Threads - event logs someone

2. event log

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    event log: Checking the event log a constant error is is this I have included this screen shot can anyone help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-log/392cf2c4-623e-4c7e-b677-c1718e676b8d
  3. Is someone logging into my PC?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is someone logging into my PC?: Hi,Checking on Event Viewer, I have these logons made during a time I at work see picture. I was out of the house from roughly 14:00 to midnight.My PC power setting should make my computer go into sleep mode in 10 minutes, so my PC should've been in sleep mode at the times...
  4. Is someone logging into my PC?

Is someone logging into my PC?: Hi,Checking on Event Viewer, I have these logons made during a time I at work see picture. I was out of the house from roughly 14:00 to midnight.My PC power setting should make my computer go into sleep mode in 10 minutes, so my PC should've been in sleep mode at the times...
  5. My computer keeps freezing, I keep seeing this in the Event Log

My computer keeps freezing, I keep seeing this in the Event Log: Event 4311, NetbtInitialization failed because the driver device could not be created. Use the string "025041000001" to identify the interface for which initialization failed. It represents the MAC address of the failed interface or the Globally Unique Interface Identifier...
  6. My computer keeps freezing, I keep seeing this in the Event Log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps freezing, I keep seeing this in the Event Log: Event 4311, NetbtInitialization failed because the driver device could not be created. Use the string "025041000001" to identify the interface for which initialization failed. It represents the MAC address of the failed interface or the Globally Unique Interface Identifier...
  7. event logs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event logs: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah4RDmoZkWcwgiUIWZvXksrjZWex?e=takR8H follow this link and investagate the event logs please include some form of contact info and a brief discussion as to what you suspect is wrong and how it can be fixed thanks....
  8. Event ID 6008 logged after unexpected shutdown and reboot. I can see the logs in event...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event ID 6008 logged after unexpected shutdown and reboot. I can see the logs in event...: I have a new computer build with z490 board and i3-10100 cpu. It started shutting down while playing a video game, but now notice it also shuts down randomly while doing other work on computer as well. I can see that the event ID 6008 is logged at each one of these times,...
  9. Event logs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event logs: Hello, My PC, Win 10, 64, crashes to a grey or black screen every few days or so. Tried re-installing win 10 from a stick. The error is: The WCSV3 service depends on the WAS which failed to start because the system cannot find the drive specified. Then in services, I...
  10. Event Logs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event Logs: Is there an event log that shows adding and removing dates of devices - computers, printers, etc from computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-logs/27a9283c-9d25-47d8-8e1b-0c04e7f4357e