Windows 10: Event Logs - Integrity Verification?

Discus and support Event Logs - Integrity Verification? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Does windows event logs support cryptographic integrity verification? If not, are there any solutions to this problem?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by r0x0t, Jul 20, 2020.

1. r0x0t Win User

Event Logs - Integrity Verification?

Does windows event logs support cryptographic integrity verification? If not, are there any solutions to this problem?

:)

r0x0t, Jul 20, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Event "Error" Log Repair required (Windows 10)

Hi,

There are a lot of
    possibilities why these errors occur in
    your event logs. The errors depends on what it is related to. It could be your
    application, drivers, firmware, hardware, or your storage devices. You can check this
    link for further information regarding event log issues.

We suggest that you perform these following methods of troubleshooting steps and check if there's any changes:

Method 1: Update your drivers.

To know how to update your drivers, click
    here.

Method 2:
    Run SFC Scan.  

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 3:
    Run DISM Tool.  

To run
    DISM Tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel. 

Method 4: Clean Boot.

To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 20, 2020
  3. Crush157 Win User
    Hijack iCloud integration to access to CalDav server.

I have just got a Windows Phone (Lumia 630, WP8.1).

I need to access a 3rd party CalDav server, but it seems that there is no generic CalDav support.

However, a bit of searching suggests that setting up iCloud integration and then changing the address of the CalDav server to point to the one that you want should work.

So I...

• Set up iCloud integration.
    • Checked that calendar integration worked both ways.
    • Changed the CalDav server address to point to 3rd party CalDav server.

This half works:

• I can create an event on the phone, and it get's written successfully to the calendar on the server.
    • But I can't see any events (including the one I just created) from the phone.
    Has anyone got this approach to work successfully, or have any suggestions as to what to do to get it all working?

Crush157, Jul 20, 2020
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

Events 4672 & 4624 Win 10 Freezes - special LOGON ?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you on a domain network?
    2. May I know the make and the model number of your system?

The event logs you have provided seems to be the security logs that is generated when you login to your system. For more information on the event that was generated, you can check
    4672(S): Special privileges assigned to new logon.

The Windows error logs will be located at Event Viewer > Windows Logs > System.

Please follow the step below and check if it works for you.

Step: Improve Windows 10 Performance.

Try some of the following suggestions to help
    make your Windows 10 PC run better
    . The steps are listed in order, so start with the first one, see if that fixes the problem, and then continue to the next one if it doesn’t.

Note: The last step on the article contains Windows Reset, I suggest you not to perform Windows reset, as there is a change your data and applications will be wiped and also
    the OS will reverted back to previous version you upgraded from.

If the issue still persists, please reply to this post with more information so that we can identify the root cause of this issue and assist you further.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jul 20, 2020
Thema:

1. Event Logs - Integrity Verification? - Similar Threads - Event Logs Integrity

2. event log

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    event log: Checking the event log a constant error is is this I have included this screen shot can anyone help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-log/392cf2c4-623e-4c7e-b677-c1718e676b8d
  3. Event log

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Event log: HiIf you close the laptop not shutdown is it possible for someone to login remotely? There shouldn't be any log details if the laptop is closed as no activity happened. Could you please explain this better?...
  4. Event log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event log: HiIf you close the laptop not shutdown is it possible for someone to login remotely? There shouldn't be any log details if the laptop is closed as no activity happened. Could you please explain this better?...
  5. event log

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    event log: some of my pc users getting locked because of login failed due to bad password, i cleared credential manager and other kind of stored passwords .but issue still same and getting high . is there anyway to find which app is using credential exactly ???...
  6. event logs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event logs: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah4RDmoZkWcwgiUIWZvXksrjZWex?e=takR8H follow this link and investagate the event logs please include some form of contact info and a brief discussion as to what you suspect is wrong and how it can be fixed thanks....
  7. event log??

in Windows 10 Customization
    event log??: -System -Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing [ Guid] {b675ec37-bdb6-4648-bc92-f3fdc74d3ca2} EventID3 Version1 Level2 Task2 Opcode14 Keywords0x8000000000000010 -TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2021-01-24T05:26:37.0715681Z EventRecordID301 Correlation -Execution [...
  8. Event logs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event logs: Hello, My PC, Win 10, 64, crashes to a grey or black screen every few days or so. Tried re-installing win 10 from a stick. The error is: The WCSV3 service depends on the WAS which failed to start because the system cannot find the drive specified. Then in services, I...
  9. Event Logs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event Logs: Is there an event log that shows adding and removing dates of devices - computers, printers, etc from computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-logs/27a9283c-9d25-47d8-8e1b-0c04e7f4357e
  10. Event log

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event log: On connecting via USB, an external drive, a message advised me to create an event log. HP PC Windows 10. It further stated that a message regarding this was being sent and to press 'Next'. Here I am, what now?...