Windows 10: Event Logs Question

Discus and support Event Logs Question in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Does anyone know why when you write data to an excel file or word file, it shows firstly the file modified event and then the file deleted event right... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Limestone5000, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Event Logs Question

Does anyone know why when you write data to an excel file or word file, it shows firstly the file modified event and then the file deleted event right after (even though the file was not technically deleted it was just appended) in the event log?

submitted by /u/Limestone5000
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Limestone5000, Dec 28, 2019
  2. Romel Ram Win User

event log question

Hi,

There are several factors that can cause this issue. For proper isolation, kindly verify the queries below:

• Any recent changes made on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Which version of Windows operating system is installed on your device?
    • Can you send us a screenshot of the event log? Make sure that there are no personal information included.
    We're looking forward to your response.

Romel Ram, Dec 28, 2019
  3. malynn Win User
    event log question

Hi,

I have some privacy concerns and was checking and trying to decipher my event viewer security log...

I have a couple questions:

1. In the task category, it shows a 'user account' guest logon at the same time I am logged on. I have not authorized any guest accounts on my computer or network. What does that mean exactly?

2. There was a logon time in the event viewer, that I did not log into my computer.... I was not at home or near my computer at the time the viewer said there was a logon. Does this mean someone has unauthorized access to my computer?

Thank you

malynn, Dec 28, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Event Logs Question

Event "Error" Log Repair required (Windows 10)

Hi,

There are a lot of
    possibilities why these errors occur in
    your event logs. The errors depends on what it is related to. It could be your
    application, drivers, firmware, hardware, or your storage devices. You can check this
    link for further information regarding event log issues.

We suggest that you perform these following methods of troubleshooting steps and check if there's any changes:

Method 1: Update your drivers.

To know how to update your drivers, click
    here.

Method 2:
    Run SFC Scan.  

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 3:
    Run DISM Tool.  

To run
    DISM Tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel. 

Method 4: Clean Boot.

To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

Event Logs Question

1. Event Logs Question - Similar Threads - Event Logs Question

2. event log

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    event log: Checking the event log a constant error is is this I have included this screen shot can anyone help please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-log/392cf2c4-623e-4c7e-b677-c1718e676b8d
  3. Event log

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Event log: HiIf you close the laptop not shutdown is it possible for someone to login remotely? There shouldn't be any log details if the laptop is closed as no activity happened. Could you please explain this better?...
  4. Event log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event log: HiIf you close the laptop not shutdown is it possible for someone to login remotely? There shouldn't be any log details if the laptop is closed as no activity happened. Could you please explain this better?...
  5. event logs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event logs: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah4RDmoZkWcwgiUIWZvXksrjZWex?e=takR8H follow this link and investagate the event logs please include some form of contact info and a brief discussion as to what you suspect is wrong and how it can be fixed thanks....
  6. event log??

in Windows 10 Customization
    event log??: -System -Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing [ Guid] {b675ec37-bdb6-4648-bc92-f3fdc74d3ca2} EventID3 Version1 Level2 Task2 Opcode14 Keywords0x8000000000000010 -TimeCreated [ SystemTime] 2021-01-24T05:26:37.0715681Z EventRecordID301 Correlation -Execution [...
  7. Endless BSOD question.... Event log attatched.. help..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Endless BSOD question.... Event log attatched.. help..: https://umass-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/wkwon_umass_edu/EWP9UbngpvNHmrHynC281BIBDTdGFUoj9WTKiaHQ2jpnBg?e=9brDn8 This is the event log file from my laptop. I dont have minidump file as the "error info collection" process do not move on from 0 % and have to force...
  8. Event logs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event logs: Hello, My PC, Win 10, 64, crashes to a grey or black screen every few days or so. Tried re-installing win 10 from a stick. The error is: The WCSV3 service depends on the WAS which failed to start because the system cannot find the drive specified. Then in services, I...
  9. Event Logs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event Logs: Is there an event log that shows adding and removing dates of devices - computers, printers, etc from computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-logs/27a9283c-9d25-47d8-8e1b-0c04e7f4357e
  10. Event log question

in Windows 10 Support
    Event log question: Tried to attach the actual event log but site did not let me. Below is a log from Event/Application and Services Logs/Microsoft/Windows/Audio/PlaybackManager I have hundreds if not thousands of these in the log since I installed and each time this is generated I get a...