Windows 10: Event logs - The domain controller attempted to validate the credentials for an account

Discus and support Event logs - The domain controller attempted to validate the credentials for an account in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,Can you explain that events log why this is happening? user changed password by himself and there is many logs like this:how can i fix it? many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by calcc, May 17, 2022.

1. calcc Win User

Event logs - The domain controller attempted to validate the credentials for an account

Hello,Can you explain that events log why this is happening? user changed password by himself and there is many logs like this:how can i fix it? many thanksKerberos pre-authentication failedThe domain controller attempted to validate the credentials for an accountKerberos pre-authentication failedThe domain controller attempted to validate the credentials for an accountKerberos pre-authentication failedThe domain controller attempted to validate the credentials for an account

:)

calcc, May 17, 2022

2. Child Domain Controller logging 0xC0000064 for accounts attempting to authenticate from another child domain

Dear All,

I am trying to understand what are the factors that would cause event id 4776 to be logged with 0xC0000064 error code.

The scenario is, several domain accounts say for example, accounts in child domain child1.example.com is trying to authenticate through child2.example.com but the DC in child2.example.com keeps the attempts failed indicating "User name does not exist".

May I ask you to assist with info on how the authentication is expected to take place from one child domain to another child domain? Is it possible? If yes, how it works? More details would very helpful.

If this is possible, what are the probable reasons behind a DC to be generating failure events with error code "User name does not exist". What could be done to fix these problems?

Thanks for your support in advance.

The DC is running Win 2012 R2 standard

Regards,

Madhan

MadhanBabu, May 17, 2022
  3. slim142 Win User
    Windows users can't log in

It didnt lol

I believe the DC was the DNS as well. No one could log in and secondary DNS was not replicating properly. Had to rebuild most of the stuff. A real PITA

slim142, May 17, 2022
  4. bdanmo Win User

Event logs - The domain controller attempted to validate the credentials for an account

UnattendedJoin error: failed to find the domain data (0x6e)

Thanks for the suggestion! I don't want to add a domain account, as this is a generic unattended install that will be used for all company machines. Do you think it's possible that the computer would join the domain if, instead of using UnattendedJoin in specialize, I used your steps but left out the specific account?

The other thing I was thinking was to use a generic account to allow the domain join during the specialize step. I added a machine password in the UnattendedJoin component, and instead of getting the error listed above, I got an authentication error, which makes me think I could probably do a secure join instead of the unsecure join.

Thoughts?

bdanmo, May 17, 2022
Thema:

1. Event logs - The domain controller attempted to validate the credentials for an account - Similar Threads - Event logs domain

2. The computer attempted to validate the credentials for an account. Authentication Package:...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The computer attempted to validate the credentials for an account. Authentication Package:...: I am getting login failed on my server but not sure where the account is used.The computer attempted to validate the credentials for an account.Authentication Package: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0Logon Account: xxxxxxxxxxSource Workstation: xxxxxxxxxxError Code:...
  3. The computer attempted to validate the credentials for an account. Authentication Package:...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The computer attempted to validate the credentials for an account. Authentication Package:...: I am getting login failed on my server but not sure where the account is used.The computer attempted to validate the credentials for an account.Authentication Package: MICROSOFT_AUTHENTICATION_PACKAGE_V1_0Logon Account: xxxxxxxxxxSource Workstation: xxxxxxxxxxError Code:...
  4. Event logs - The domain controller attempted to validate the credentials for an account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Event logs - The domain controller attempted to validate the credentials for an account: Hello,Can you explain that events log why this is happening? user changed password by himself and there is many logs like this:how can i fix it? many thanksKerberos pre-authentication failedThe domain controller attempted to validate the credentials for an accountKerberos...
  5. Event logs - The domain controller attempted to validate the credentials for an account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event logs - The domain controller attempted to validate the credentials for an account: Hello,Can you explain that events log why this is happening? user changed password by himself and there is many logs like this:how can i fix it? many thanksKerberos pre-authentication failedThe domain controller attempted to validate the credentials for an accountKerberos...
  6. Domain controller account resetting password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Domain controller account resetting password: At random times in the day, domain controller account resets by domain admin password.. 4724 event shows source as domain controller account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/domain-controller-account-resetting-password/67131649-1ae2-455b-bb43-d9c06fe8bd4c
  7. Domain controller account resetting password

Domain controller account resetting password: At random times in the day, domain controller account resets by domain admin password.. 4724 event shows source as domain controller account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/domain-controller-account-resetting-password/67131649-1ae2-455b-bb43-d9c06fe8bd4c
  8. Credentials Manager credentials were read multiple repeated attempts Event ID 5379

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Credentials Manager credentials were read multiple repeated attempts Event ID 5379: Still having issues with Event ID 5379 and multiple other ones. Also "Special privileges assigned to new logon" Event ID 4672.Accompanied by the following symptoms:Complete lock up of my I/O, mouse, keyboard, and the "USB disconnected" sound.I can review Event Viewer and I...
  9. Credentials Manager credentials were read multiple repeated attempts Event ID 5379

Credentials Manager credentials were read multiple repeated attempts Event ID 5379: Still having issues with Event ID 5379 and multiple other ones. Also "Special privileges assigned to new logon" Event ID 4672.Accompanied by the following symptoms:Complete lock up of my I/O, mouse, keyboard, and the "USB disconnected" sound.I can review Event Viewer and I...
  10. Credentials Manager credentials were read multiple repeated attempts Event ID 5379

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging