Windows 10: event logs to find the reason of restart

Discus and support event logs to find the reason of restart in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; i am using windows 10. 2 days ago i was doing some work on my pc and i leaved it for 2 mints when i came back i saw an restart interface . i just want... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by debasishnag, Nov 21, 2018.

1. event logs to find the reason of restart

i am using windows 10. 2 days ago i was doing some work on my pc and i leaved it for 2 mints when i came back i saw an restart interface . i just want to know that there is any kind of event logs are avalavail by which i can detect the reason of that re-start. any windows update or not. please help.please

:)

debasishnag, Nov 21, 2018

2. APPcrash event Logs

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for keeping us updated.

This issue may happen due to system file corruption. I suggest you to run System file checker. System File checker (SFC) scan is done to check if there are any corrupted system files that could be causing this issue. Kindly follow
    the below given steps:

• Press Windows key + X, select
      Command prompt (Admin)
      to bring up elevated Command prompt.
    • In Command prompt type sfc/scannow and press enter.
    • Restart the computer.
    If no corrupted system files were found in the previous state, then I suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Please post back with the information asked and the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Niranjan Manjhi, Nov 21, 2018
  3. restart and kernel-power event

Hi,

The kernel power event ID 41 error occurs when the computer is shut down, or it restarts unexpectedly. When a computer that is running Windows starts, a check is performed to determine whether the computer was shut down cleanly. If the computer was not shut
    down cleanly, a Kernel Power Event 41 message is generated.

Try this, see if it works for you:

• Go to "Settings"
    • Select "System"
    • Select "Power and Sleep"
    • Select "Additional Power Settings"
    • Select "Choose what the power buttons do"
    • Select "Change settings currently available"
    • Ensure that "Turn on fast start up" is deselected (unticked)
    • Click on "Save Changes"

Restart your computer after performing the steps.

Let us know if the above steps resolved the issue.

Venancio Khu, Nov 21, 2018
  4. event logs to find the reason of restart

Windows 10 logs me out and restarts after 5-10 minutes

Do you have anything listed in the Event Logs at the time it restarts?

DeaconFrost, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

event logs to find the reason of restart

1. event logs to find the reason of restart - Similar Threads - event logs find

2. Windows randomly restarts with event logs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows randomly restarts with event logs: My issue is that sometimes when I use my pc it just randomly restarts without giving any warnings. Its pretty inconsistent so you can't exactly tell when it'll happen and you can use the pc longer sometimes before it happens and sometimes shorter.My PC SpecsCPU: Ryzen 7...
  3. Windows randomly restarts with event logs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows randomly restarts with event logs: My issue is that sometimes when I use my pc it just randomly restarts without giving any warnings. Its pretty inconsistent so you can't exactly tell when it'll happen and you can use the pc longer sometimes before it happens and sometimes shorter.My PC SpecsCPU: Ryzen 7...
  4. Windows randomly restarts with event logs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows randomly restarts with event logs

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Windows randomly restarts with event logs

7. Windows randomly restarts with event logs

8. Windows randomly restarts with event logs

9. Windows randomly restarts with event logs

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Windows randomly restarts with event logs

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows find the reason for restart