Windows 10: Event Logs

Discus and support Event Logs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is there an event log that shows adding and removing dates of devices - computers, printers, etc from computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by B KJohnson, Feb 20, 2020.

1. Event Logs

Is there an event log that shows adding and removing dates of devices - computers, printers, etc from computer?

:)

B KJohnson, Feb 20, 2020
  2. Kem Mon Win User

Event "Error" Log Repair required (Windows 10)

Hi,

There are a lot of
    possibilities why these errors occur in
    your event logs. The errors depends on what it is related to. It could be your
    application, drivers, firmware, hardware, or your storage devices. You can check this
    link for further information regarding event log issues.

We suggest that you perform these following methods of troubleshooting steps and check if there's any changes:

Method 1: Update your drivers.

To know how to update your drivers, click
    here.

Method 2:
    Run SFC Scan.  

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 3:
    Run DISM Tool.  

To run
    DISM Tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel. 

Method 4: Clean Boot.

To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 20, 2020
  3. rsalfonso Win User
    Moving an event log source is not having an effect

I'm having an issue that to be clear I'll describe in steps:

1. I created an event source called Foo in the event log called Application using the following powershell command:
      New-EventLog -source Foo -LogName "Application"
    2. I could successfully log to the event log using that source.
    3. Afterwards, I decided to remove the source and re-create it in a different event log:

The problem I'm having is that then when I run Write-EventLog -LogName "My App Log" -Source "Foo" -EventID 0 -EntryType Information -Message "Some message." the entry is logged to Application instead of to My App Log

Has anyone else experienced this behaviour? Am I missing anything?

rsalfonso, Feb 20, 2020
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

Event Logs

Events 4672 & 4624 Win 10 Freezes - special LOGON ?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you on a domain network?
    2. May I know the make and the model number of your system?

The event logs you have provided seems to be the security logs that is generated when you login to your system. For more information on the event that was generated, you can check
    4672(S): Special privileges assigned to new logon.

The Windows error logs will be located at Event Viewer > Windows Logs > System.

Please follow the step below and check if it works for you.

Step: Improve Windows 10 Performance.

Try some of the following suggestions to help
    make your Windows 10 PC run better
    . The steps are listed in order, so start with the first one, see if that fixes the problem, and then continue to the next one if it doesn’t.

Note: The last step on the article contains Windows Reset, I suggest you not to perform Windows reset, as there is a change your data and applications will be wiped and also
    the OS will reverted back to previous version you upgraded from.

If the issue still persists, please reply to this post with more information so that we can identify the root cause of this issue and assist you further.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Feb 20, 2020
Thema:

Event Logs

1. Event Logs - Similar Threads - Event Logs

2. "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?: I checked my Windows Defender logs in Event Viewer > Applications and Services > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender > Operational, and saw something I haven't really seen before, the event said;"Old Value: N/A\SpyNet\LastMAPSFailureTimeString=""New Value:...
  3. "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?: I checked my Windows Defender logs in Event Viewer > Applications and Services > Microsoft > Windows > Windows Defender > Operational, and saw something I haven't really seen before, the event said;"Old Value: N/A\SpyNet\LastMAPSFailureTimeString=""New Value:...
  4. "LastMAPSFailureTimeString" Event in Windows Defender Logs, Is This a Cause for Concern?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. BSOD several times per day, bugcheck: 0x0000007e, minidumps and event logs are included....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD several times per day, bugcheck: 0x0000007e, minidumps and event logs are included....: Hello, I have been facing issues of BSOD on 3 of my PCs. They are all doing getting BSOD several times since December 2023. Event Logs and Minidumps are in the One Drive: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ag1g9H3Bpl3LjzFqygHE7oBvvwVk?e=eY4S5qI have of course opened the minidump files and...
  6. BSOD several times per day, bugcheck: 0x0000007e, minidumps and event logs are included....

BSOD several times per day, bugcheck: 0x0000007e, minidumps and event logs are included....: Hello, I have been facing issues of BSOD on 3 of my PCs. They are all doing getting BSOD several times since December 2023. Event Logs and Minidumps are in the One Drive: https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ag1g9H3Bpl3LjzFqygHE7oBvvwVk?e=eY4S5qI have of course opened the minidump files and...
  7. BSOD several times per day, bugcheck: 0x0000007e, minidumps and event logs are included....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. BSOD Issues, Event Viewer logs attached.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Issues, Event Viewer logs attached.: I've reinstalled Windows through a bootable media on the computer, which was fine for a while. Prior to this, a few things happened:- BSOD on start every time- Safe boot did not fix BSOD- CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error code on BSODWorked fine after the bootable media, and now...
  9. BSOD Issues, Event Viewer logs attached.

BSOD Issues, Event Viewer logs attached.: I've reinstalled Windows through a bootable media on the computer, which was fine for a while. Prior to this, a few things happened:- BSOD on start every time- Safe boot did not fix BSOD- CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error code on BSODWorked fine after the bootable media, and now...
  10. Persistent Blue Screen Errors with Timestamped Event Log Details

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Persistent Blue Screen Errors with Timestamped Event Log Details: I've been grappling with persistent blue screen errors on my system, and to understand the root cause, I've been closely monitoring the Event Log Viewer. What's particularly concerning is that these errors seem to be occurring consistently at specific times. Here's a...