Windows 10: Event Pause Button

Discus and support Event Pause Button in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have seen numerous questions about the timer in events. Many people have asked for a "pause" button or some kind of way to stop when you are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LaurieVon Straussenburg, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Event Pause Button

I have seen numerous questions about the timer in events. Many people have asked for a "pause" button or some kind of way to stop when you are interrupted during an event. It seems like this would be something easy to add to the program.

:)

LaurieVon Straussenburg, Jul 16, 2020
  2. BethWolfe Win User

NEEDED: A PAUSE button or feature on Microsoft Solitaire timed EVENTS games

Hi, Solitaire game fans -

I am frustrated that I cannot press a pause button, when needed, to step away from an EVENT without the minutes I am away from the game being added to my total play time. I feel this does not give an accurate challenge time, if it includes my time away
    from my computer. Does anyone else feel the same?

I THINK GAME DEVELOPERS NEED TO INCORPORATE A PAUSE BUTTON ON EVENT CHALLENGE GAMES. I HOPE THIS SUGGESTION IS SEEN BY A GAME DEVELOPER WHO CAN MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

Sincerely,

Beth

BethWolfe, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Event ID 10016, CLSID and APPID

Hey, I've been trying to resolve this same dcom issue myself, and I followed the steps you listed @FreeBooter, but when I try to do the last step, I firstly when clicking "edit" get a message saying

Event Pause Button [​IMG]

And then when I do enter the menu after clicking "ok" on that dialog box, the add button is greyed out.

I'm 100% certain I followed all the steps correctly. I triple-checked it. But no dice...

rEEEEleaseMEE, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Event Pause Button

PC continually pausing

1. If it has happened repeatedly there would be a sequence of the same error at different days/times listed in Event Viewer. These errors would have the same Event ID #.

Did you see an Event ID # repeatedly occurring?

2. Use Process Explorer as PCR just PCR has advised in his post.

Smittychat., Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Event Pause Button

1. Event Pause Button - Similar Threads - Event Pause Button

2. Pause/Play button issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pause/Play button issue: Hi, Microsoft. If you're reading this, you already know. When I was playing music from my Edge browser, then I left the music paused for 1 or 2 minutes. And then I came back, I pressed the Pause/Play button, something pops up in black, showing what I'm playing right now, and...
  3. Pause/Play button issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pause/Play button issue: Hi, Microsoft. If you're reading this, you already know. When I was playing music from my Edge browser, then I left the music paused for 1 or 2 minutes. And then I came back, I pressed the Pause/Play button, something pops up in black, showing what I'm playing right now, and...
  4. Pause/Play button issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Play/Pause Media button not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Play/Pause Media button not working: For some reason my play/pause media button on my keyboard doesn't work right, when I press it the music rapidly pauses and then un-pauses, so fast that you cant even tell that I tried to pause it. Both the Skip and Rewind media buttons work fine, but the Play/Pause button...
  6. Add a Play/Pause Button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add a Play/Pause Button: Hello Microsoft Community, [ATTACH] Image cropped from Staples.com My current laptop's keyboard does not have a play/pause function button as my previous laptop did. My current laptop is Asus Vivobook S513IA-DB74. You can find a picture of its keyboard on this Staples...
  7. play/pause button

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    play/pause button: [ATTACH] any way to move this its really bugging me when i play games, it almost takes up a quarter of the screen https://preview.redd.it/h8kem2n9j4l51.png?width=653&format=png&auto=webp&s=356e20303736ce259f20c791a48e5d8a76f2faef submitted by /u/Rampagingflames [link]...
  8. how to cancel download "Pause" button

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how to cancel download "Pause" button: I pushed the Pause Downloads Button and I should not have done it. How do I get back to automatic downloads on Windows updates? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-cancel-download-pause-button/fc122a66-82af-4a7e-a6d0-9c7011695f26
  9. NEEDED: A PAUSE button or feature on Microsoft Solitaire timed EVENTS games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    NEEDED: A PAUSE button or feature on Microsoft Solitaire timed EVENTS games: Hi, Solitaire game fans - I am frustrated that I cannot press a pause button, when needed, to step away from an EVENT without the minutes I am away from the game being added to my total play time. I feel this does not give an accurate challenge time, if it includes my...
  10. Play/Pause button on keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Play/Pause button on keyboard: Hello, Since my last Windows 10 Update on the 11th of April the function Play/Pause button on my keyboard has changed. Before the update, it used to only play or pause the music being played on Windows Media Player or MPC-HC and had no effect whatsoever on Youtube or...