Windows 10: Event tracing for File Explorer on Windows 10

Discus and support Event tracing for File Explorer on Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, 1. Is there anyway to trace what event has caused File Explorer to open in Windows 10? 2. File Explorer automatically opens multiple times... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GeaTea, Nov 8, 2018.

1. GeaTea Win User

Event tracing for File Explorer on Windows 10

Hello,

1. Is there anyway to trace what event has caused File Explorer to open in Windows 10?

2. File Explorer automatically opens multiple times (not just the one time at startup) and I have noticed that this happens more often and even gets out of control when I turn on my second TV ( Extended mode).

Since I can't find any reason for it, I like to know if there is any way to prevent this or at least find the event that triggers this behavior.

I appreciate any help I can get on this.

(My Windows is up to date, I run all necessary anti virus programs).

Thank you.

:)

GeaTea, Nov 8, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 8, 2018
  3. Frick Win User
    Windows Explorer Replacement?

I don't use Internet Explorer, I meant the thing where you can look at files etc. Hotkey Windows+E. Maybe it's the wrong name in english though. *Stick Out Tongue Event tracing for File Explorer on Windows 10 :p

Frick, Nov 8, 2018
  4. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Event tracing for File Explorer on Windows 10 wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Nov 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Event tracing for File Explorer on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Event tracing File

2. Event Tracing - Kernel Power

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Tracing - Kernel Power: So my issue is likely either CPU RAM or GPU related, but ive replaced all 3 recently so my budget is out of hot swapping parts to test. Now i need to confirm my issue before replacing whatever need be. My CPU cooler was recently mounted not fully flush and was on an...
  3. Event Tracing - Kernel Power

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Tracing - Kernel Power: So my issue is likely either CPU RAM or GPU related, but ive replaced all 3 recently so my budget is out of hot swapping parts to test. Now i need to confirm my issue before replacing whatever need be. My CPU cooler was recently mounted not fully flush and was on an...
  4. kernel event tracing eror on event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    kernel event tracing eror on event viewer: hello I have recently noticed my laptop issues me multiple errors stating that "The backing-file for the real-time session "DefenderApiLogger" has reached its maximum size. As a result, new events will not be logged to this session until space becomes available. This error is...
  5. kernel event tracing eror on event viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    kernel event tracing eror on event viewer: hello I have recently noticed my laptop issues me multiple errors stating that "The backing-file for the real-time session "DefenderApiLogger" has reached its maximum size. As a result, new events will not be logged to this session until space becomes available. This error is...
  6. Event 2 - Kernel-Event Tracing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Event 2 - Kernel-Event Tracing: Even viewer says: Session "Cloud Files Diagnostic Event Listener" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000022 Source: Kernel Tracing Event ID: 2 Level: Error OpCode: Start Does anyone know how to fix this issue? submitted by /u/JailBirdNC [link]...
  7. How to disable Event Trace Sessions

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable Event Trace Sessions: Hi How can I disable event trace sessions like ScreenOnPowerStudyTraceSession - so it does not start after a reboot? In performance monitor I can see properties - but the Enabled option is not available. [ATTACH]...
  8. EVENT TRACING FATAL ERROR message

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    EVENT TRACING FATAL ERROR message: I am unable to update Windows 10 newest version. Is this why I am getting this message? This message occurred when I was running a McAfee virus scan. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-tracing-fatal-error-message/d8fd1274-b4b9-4602-a225-4e5c63ae93b1
  9. WIN10 - Event Tracing Fatal Error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    WIN10 - Event Tracing Fatal Error: Hi Guys, Not sure if this is the right thread but I've read this error has been associated with BSOD; if not please move it and sorry. My mates computer is saying when it's turned on 'Event Tracing Fatal Error'. I've tried all the options to try and load it the windows...
  10. Event ID 2: Kernel event tracing

in Windows 10 Support
    Event ID 2: Kernel event tracing: Umm, today I've been solving all kinds of event errors but this one remained unsolved mostly because I can't find any info about it. It shows in event viewer log on every boot / win restart. I don't know what it is and how does it affects me. I would be grateful if someone...