Windows 10: Event View Cleaner Will Not Work-Help!

Discus and support Event View Cleaner Will Not Work-Help! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I downloaded this bat file in Option 1 of the below link off this forum. Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows and when I run it you can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by idahosurge, May 12, 2017.

1. Event View Cleaner Will Not Work-Help!

I downloaded this bat file in Option 1 of the below link off this forum.
    Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows

and when I run it you can see as the screen scrolls down that it says that the log entry failed to clean.

Event View Cleaner Will Not Work-Help! [​IMG]

In this link it shows how to unblock a file from running.
    Unblock File in Windows 10

Well the bat file runs fine, it is just not cleaning out the logs in Event Viewer. After the bat file runs Event Viewer "Summary of Admin Events" all five categories are still full of events from the day the laptop was first turned on, nothing has been deleted.

I even tried this Powershell option and this also did not delete anything.
    https://superuser.com/questions/1073...g-in-windows10

Any ideas why the bat file runs, but does not delete anything?

:)

idahosurge, May 12, 2017

2. Cortana cannot connect to internet via Voice command

CORTANA NOT CONNECTING TO INTERNET MY INTERNET IS STRONG

Cortona will not work, May 12, 2017
  3. Help!!! ..Silent Mode Shortcut Will Not Work .. Help!!!

What is the model of your phone?

kingpin007, May 12, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Event View Cleaner Will Not Work-Help!

Hello idahosurge, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

It looks like you may not have right clicked on the .bat file, and clicked on "Run as administrator" to run the .bat file with elevated rights.

Brink, May 12, 2017
  5. WOT
    WOT Win User
    @Brink:
    Would it be possible to modify the .BAT file to give instructions when someone tries to run it by just clicking?

Here is a .BAT file (I modified) that gives instructions when clicked but executes OK when run as admin:
    Code: @echo off FOR /F "tokens=1,2*" %%V IN ('bcdedit') DO SET adminTest=%%V IF (%adminTest%)==(Access) goto noAdmin for /F "tokens=*" %%G in ('wevtutil.exe el') DO (call :do_clear "%%G") echo. echo All Event Logs have been cleared! goto theEnd :do_clear echo clearing %1 wevtutil.exe cl %1 goto :eof :noAdmin echo Current user permissions to execute this .BAT file are inadequate. echo This .BAT file must be run with administrative privileges. echo Exit now, right click this .BAT file, and select Run as Administrator. pause >nul :theEnd[/quote]
    Here is the result when I just clicked on the above .BAT file:

For your consideration.

Regards,

6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Thank you @WOT. I have updated the .bat file for this in the tutorial. *Smile

Brink, May 12, 2017
  7. WOT
    WOT Win User
    Thank you for your review and consideration.

Regards,

8. Event View Cleaner Will Not Work-Help!

Thanks to both of you.

Running as Admin worked!

idahosurge, May 13, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Great news. I'm glad we could help. *Smile

Brink, May 13, 2017
  10. WOT
    WOT Win User
    One can also create a shortcut to this .bat file and tick "run as admin" to ensure it will run without notice:

Thema:

Event View Cleaner Will Not Work-Help!

1. Event View Cleaner Will Not Work-Help! - Similar Threads - Event View Cleaner

2. Event View Audio logs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event View Audio logs: Hello,I have been trying to look for audio logs which can show me when the device PC/Laptop was muted, and when the volume status was changed. In both Windows>System and Application and Services Logs>Microsoft>Windows>Audio none are visible for the mute actions.Anyone know...
  3. Event View Audio logs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Event View Audio logs: Hello,I have been trying to look for audio logs which can show me when the device PC/Laptop was muted, and when the volume status was changed. In both Windows>System and Application and Services Logs>Microsoft>Windows>Audio none are visible for the mute actions.Anyone know...
  4. cc cleaner

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cc cleaner: cc cleaner is asking me clean error in the registry is this safe to do [ATTACH]try is this safe to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cc-cleaner/7dc60a87-e38c-4f2f-bc3f-c020d729a029
  5. Taken to the cleaners.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Taken to the cleaners.: It seems I allowed myself to be scammed by someone claiming to be from Microsoft. While starting up my laptop a message came stating my unit was locked and do not turn off the computer without calling the support number provided. Stupid me, I called. One thing led to another...
  6. Event view showing the following

Event view showing the following: I'm getting the following on my Dell 780 sff, windows 10. After shutdown typically after 12:00am new day my pc boots some what with blink green power light. I'm confused. 25 yrs in this business as company owner, College & H.S. instructor. The application-specific...
  7. cleaners

cleaners: Is ccleaner something that should be renewed or is there a program already offered in Windows 10 or with my hp computer. where can you find what is needed or not needed? seems a lot of ads for registry and files or interent history is being advertised and never sure if it...
  8. EDGE - cleaner reading doesn't work

in Browsers and Email
    EDGE - cleaner reading doesn't work: Hi there How do you enable the "Cleaner Reading" panel. Mine just shows a blue area and stops. Using Insider build 10532 W10 Pro edition X64 [img] Cheers jimbo 21720
  9. Kaspersky Cleaner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Kaspersky Cleaner: Kaspersky Lab is well known for its security products. While it’s popular products like Kaspersky Antivirus and Kaspersky Internet Security are paid solutions, Kaspersky Lab does offer couple of free tools for Windows operating system. One of them is Kaspersky Cleaner....
  10. Windows cleaner, registry cleaner recomendations PLEASE!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows cleaner, registry cleaner recomendations PLEASE!: I have used Ccleaner and REVO to clean and maintain my Windows environment. So I am looking for your thoughts and comments as to what you recommend for cleaning Windows and Windows registry. And if you could add why I would really appreciate it. I feel that registry...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. event view cleaner