Windows 10: Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue

Discus and support Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Upon looking at event viewer under Error title: The storage optimiser couldn't complete re-trim on G: because: The operation requested is not supported... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Linsassin, Dec 18, 2022.

1. Linsassin Win User

Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue

Upon looking at event viewer under Error title: The storage optimiser couldn't complete re-trim on G: because: The operation requested is not supported by the hardware backing the volume. 0x8900002AUnder Windows Logs it says that : The storage optimiser successfully completed defragmentation on G:It says this for E, F , G drive which are all Hard drives. In my system I have C drive which is operating system Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD, E Drive , F Drive

:)

Linsassin, Dec 18, 2022

2. Event 264 - Problem?

Hello @wolfie138,

I did a bit of investigating for you and came across these which might be useful . . .

> How to Optimize Drive Usage in Storage Pool for Storage Spaces in Windows 10
    > Defragment and Optimization Tool - Event Error Message, (Event 264)
    > Windows 10 update finally fixes annoying SSD drive issue

I hope this helps.

Paul Black, Dec 18, 2022
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 18, 2022
  4. wolfie138 Win User

Event 264 - Problem?

Hi
    i've noticed my 2004 machine has spawned a bunch of Event 264s, eg:

The storage optimiser couldn't complete retrim on New Volume (GEvent Viewer 264 Defrag Issue :) because: The operation requested is not supported by the hardware backing the volume. (0x8900002A)

is there anything i need to know about this? my drives are SSDs and i was under the impression you didn't defrag those. aside from that, the G drive mentioned here for example, has only used 137gig of its 700gig size.

TIA

wolfie138, Dec 18, 2022
Thema:

1. Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue - Similar Threads - Event Viewer 264

2. Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue: Upon looking at event viewer under Error title: The storage optimiser couldn't complete re-trim on G: because: The operation requested is not supported by the hardware backing the volume. 0x8900002AUnder Windows Logs it says that : The storage optimiser successfully completed...
  3. Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue: Upon looking at event viewer under Error title: The storage optimiser couldn't complete re-trim on G: because: The operation requested is not supported by the hardware backing the volume. 0x8900002AUnder Windows Logs it says that : The storage optimiser successfully completed...
  4. event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event viewer: **************THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN? THXLog Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 11/26/2021 11:22:13 PM Event ID: 400 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: Ashhhhh Description: Device...
  5. Event 264 defrag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event 264 defrag: Hi,I was looking through the event viewer as I had a CTD and managed to recover with a ChkdskI discovered an Event 264 for each partition not on an ssd:The storage optimiser couldn't complete re-trim on Data D: because: The operation requested is not supported by the hardware...
  6. Event 264 - Problem?

in Windows 10 Support
    Event 264 - Problem?: Hi i've noticed my 2004 machine has spawned a bunch of Event 264s, eg: The storage optimiser couldn't complete retrim on New Volume (G:) because: The operation requested is not supported by the hardware backing the volume. (0x8900002A) is there anything i need to know about...
  7. event viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    event viewer: I see many errors in event viewer but do not know what they mean. I was going to show one but thought it may compromise my security. Sorry about the post lacking information; are these errors dangerous for the most part or are they harmless. I am not going to poke around here...
  8. Event Viewer driver issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event Viewer driver issues: I have an HP X2 Elite (Tablet) and have just completed a clean install of Windows 10 Creative Edition. The Event Viewer shows seven Event 219 failures. The first four are Intel issues and the next three are for other drivers. The abbreviated events are as follows........
  9. Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer: Is there any way to clear the items listed in 'administrative events' in event viewer? TIA, Richard 98433
  10. No BSOD issues but event viewer issue?

in Windows 10 Support
    No BSOD issues but event viewer issue?: I saw that unless you have a BSOD you should not post in that specific forum but this is an Event Viewer issue so i don't know where to post this . I have no BSOD's but an event viewer instance with an error code 10016 The application specific permission setting...