Windows 10: Event Viewer Audit Failures for SeTcbPrivilege

Discus and support Event Viewer Audit Failures for SeTcbPrivilege in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, We are getting many Security Audit Failures in Event Viewer while livestreaming our church services. We notice it only does this on the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by IT-DIR, Jan 25, 2020.

1. IT-DIR Win User

Event Viewer Audit Failures for SeTcbPrivilege

Hello,

We are getting many Security Audit Failures in Event Viewer while livestreaming our church services. We notice it only does this on the Windows 10 Pro box not the Windows 10 Home. "Event 4673 A privileged service was called. Privileges: SeTcbPrivilege. Process Name: C:\Program Files\Livestream Studio\Livestream Studio Core.exe". Please help. This is causing problems for our Livestreaming.

-Andrew G. IT Director Forever Praise Ministries

:)

IT-DIR, Jan 25, 2020

2. Unexpected Audit Failure in Event Viewer

I did make some progress in that I can disable the Audit Failure from being logged with the Event Viewer.

Go to Command Promp (Admin) and enter:

auditpol /set /subcategory:”Filtering Platform Connection” /success:disable /failure:disable

Caveat: Someone posted that the Audit Failure will likely return the next day.

Plus this is tantamount to replacing a fuse without fixing the underlying problem which is causing the fuse to blow.

Still hoping an Event Viewer / "Filtering Platform Connection" guru will chime in.

sdmike1974, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Unexpected Audit Failure in Event Viewer

Even with years of experience with Windows operating systems I am in the unenviable position of trying to diagnose an Audit Failure in the Event Viewer for Windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop that just reared its ugly head recently.

It is perhaps noteworthy that I am not seeing the same Audit Failure on my Dell desktop. Moreover "Filtering Platform Connection" never appears. This despite the fact both computers have the same (non-hardware specific) software installed and both are
    connected problem free to my home network and printer.

Anyone know what causes (or triggers) the Security Task Category called Filtering Platform Connection?

Every occurrence results in an Audit Failure as shown below.

While some may want to focus on what is causing the Filtering Platform Connection failure to occur --
    I am focusing instead on trying to figure out why I am getting the "Filtering Platform Connection" at all -- since it never appears on my desktop. But I've been wrong before. Event Viewer Audit Failures for SeTcbPrivilege :)

Perhaps the task ""Filtering Platform Connection" only appears in the Event Viewer if there is an Audit Failure.

Event Viewer Audit Failures for SeTcbPrivilege c64b83b8-8700-414d-87e5-d2a10e5ed7c4?upload=true.jpg

sdmike1974, Jan 25, 2020
  4. glnz Win User

Audit failures every reboot - Event 5061 - Cryptographic operation.

Before I upgrade my 10 to the Spring version, I did some more digging.

I looked at the sequence of Audit Successes before and after each Audit Failure - maybe they're related? Maybe the steps mean something? In the link below, I have pasted the "General" subwindows for the Event Viewer events closely preceding, including and following each of the two Audit Failures in my most recent bootup.

There seems to be some kind of pattern of the machine looking at the key, DELETING it, then looking for it again, then throwing the AUDIT FAILURE - maybe because it just deleted the key and the key isn't there any more - and then re-creating the key. Is the AUDIT FAILURE just the good result of a test that the key was successfully deleted?

But WHY is the machine doing this? Why delete and recreate? What's really going on?

Here's the link to the Word Online document in which I've pasted both Event Viewer sequences:
    <THIS LINK>

Any thoughts? (And am I interpreting the events correctly anyway?)

Thema:

1. Event Viewer Audit Failures for SeTcbPrivilege - Similar Threads - Event Viewer Audit

2. Lots of completed Audits in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lots of completed Audits in Event Viewer: Hello, i saw this in Event Viewer, is this normal? Its a lot it looks like but it could be normal but im not sure. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lots-of-completed-audits-in-event-viewer/1c9b5edf-51a7-4199-9a46-c2d9034b3c86
  3. Lots of completed Audits in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lots of completed Audits in Event Viewer: Hello, i saw this in Event Viewer, is this normal? Its a lot it looks like but it could be normal but im not sure. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lots-of-completed-audits-in-event-viewer/1c9b5edf-51a7-4199-9a46-c2d9034b3c86
  4. Event logs Audit Failure tracking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event logs Audit Failure tracking: Hi guys,Today when i was inspecting security event logs at active directory server i realised we are recieving constant password brute force attacks from different user accounts.Usernames were seeming to be coming from a rainbow table as; Jessie, Jaxon, Clare...so onSource...
  5. Event logs Audit Failure tracking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event logs Audit Failure tracking: Hi guys,Today when i was inspecting security event logs at active directory server i realised we are recieving constant password brute force attacks from different user accounts.Usernames were seeming to be coming from a rainbow table as; Jessie, Jaxon, Clare...so onSource...
  6. Receiving Numerous Audit Failures in Windows Event viewer Security

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Receiving Numerous Audit Failures in Windows Event viewer Security: Windows Firewall did not apply the following rule:Rule Information:ID: {89E820CC-9A11-452F-ABD9-A2694F3E1453}Name: Cast to Device functionality qWave-UDP-InError Information:Reason: Remote Addresses resolved to an empty set....
  7. What these audits logs in event viewer?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What these audits logs in event viewer?: My audit logs seems to be all turned off: [ATTACH] I would like some explanation on these why am I seeing "logon" events if they are turned off? [ATTACH] Can we turn these on / off and how? PS: I understand turning these off are probably idea, but since I am...
  8. Unexpected Audit Failure in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unexpected Audit Failure in Event Viewer: Even with years of experience with Windows operating systems I am in the unenviable position of trying to diagnose an Audit Failure in the Event Viewer for Windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop that just reared its ugly head recently. It is perhaps noteworthy that I am not seeing...
  9. Audit Failure reports in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Audit Failure reports in Event Viewer: Since the PC upgraded to Windows 10 version 1803 build 17134.191, the event log on start up repeatedly gives the three different audit failures below. I have managed to clear all the other problems the event log has displayed but with these three I am at a lost as to the...
  10. Event Viewer -- Audit Failure 5061

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer -- Audit Failure 5061: I continue to get this event in the Event Log under Audit Failure. I never had in Windows 8.1 and it started after upgrading to 10. Does anyone have a clue about it? Cryptographic operation. Subject: Security ID: SYSTEM Account Name: xxxx Account Domain: xxxx...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. audit failure setcbprivilege

2. setcbprivilege audit failures

3. livestream event viewer failure setcbprivilege