Windows 10: Event viewer: Boot manager is corrupt / Random Freezes and then reboot

Discus and support Event viewer: Boot manager is corrupt / Random Freezes and then reboot in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My desktop computer is always crashing randomly with a buzzing sound before rebooting automatically. Sometimes it won't show image when rebooting ex.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dolias14, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Dolias14 Win User

Event viewer: Boot manager is corrupt / Random Freezes and then reboot

My desktop computer is always crashing randomly with a buzzing sound before rebooting automatically. Sometimes it won't show image when rebooting ex. No signal or a black screen and I would have to try several times in order for the display to show image. I tried many solutions such as formatting, checking for errors with cmd and updating drivers. I also saw a solution that suggested to do a startup repair or fix mbr with cmd on safe mode but when I press to go on safe mode with cmd or do a startup repair I end up on a black screen with nothing making me restart the pc again. This is so frustrating cause I'm searching a solution for years.

:)

Dolias14, Jun 13, 2020
  2. TIGR Win User

Random freezes or shut downs

Completely random freezing/shutdowns on a system with no recent hardware changes, and hard drive, memory, and PSU fine, usually means a software issue (file corruption or malicious software). I suggest following DavidV's recommendations.

3. Random Reboots

I've had, as the title suggests, random reboots for the length of the time since I've built my computer (2 years roughly) and they're completely inexplicable.

It happens under no load, high load, watching movies, listening to music, playing games, browsing the web, sitting by itself in the room when the my sleeping monitor is even saying WTF?!

There aren't any Events to view other than the usual 0xC*D event when the service just shrugs at me.

Any thoughts or suggestions? Maybe someone has had the same problem before and it was just a loose molex connection? I'm baffled.

xstayxtruex, Jun 13, 2020
  4. nancy3243 Win User

Event Viewer problem with latest Windows Build 1607

After installing the new Windows build 1607, the Event Viewer stopped recording events under Diagnostic Performance. (Before 1607 I checked the files located under Windows.old dated 9/23/2016 and located this file which indeed did have a list of events
    recorded.)

Since the initial 1607 download there have been two new builds automatically installed on my laptop.

The last step in an automatic download is the RESTART. Prior to my rebooting, I checked the Diagnostic Performance and for sure, these had the list of events.

Rebooting by me, causes the Diagnostic Performance errors to disappear.

As suggested earlier I have run the SFC/DISM commands with no errors reported.

Any Ideas?

Nancy

nancy3243, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Event viewer: Boot manager is corrupt / Random Freezes and then reboot - Similar Threads - Event viewer Boot

2. recent error in event viewer rebooting pc at random times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    recent error in event viewer rebooting pc at random times: As described above my pc randomly just reboots and this error is posted in event viewer. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8019e31461d, 0xffff8280fa8de0e8, 0xffff8280fa8dd900....
  3. recent error in event viewer rebooting pc at random times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    recent error in event viewer rebooting pc at random times: As described above my pc randomly just reboots and this error is posted in event viewer. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000007e 0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff8019e31461d, 0xffff8280fa8de0e8, 0xffff8280fa8dd900....
  4. Windows 11 freezing randomly with errors in event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 freezing randomly with errors in event viewer: Currently I am using the motherboard of a Acer Tc-885g My computer randomly freezes when playing a game, watching a video, etcTo get out of the freeze I have to do a hard restart, physically flipping the computers on and off switchI've noticed that in event viewer, this...
  5. Windows 11 freezing randomly with errors in event viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 freezing randomly with errors in event viewer: Currently I am using the motherboard of a Acer Tc-885g My computer randomly freezes when playing a game, watching a video, etcTo get out of the freeze I have to do a hard restart, physically flipping the computers on and off switchI've noticed that in event viewer, this...
  6. Event Viewer Freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Viewer Freezes: Hello, I am using Windows 10 21H1. As far as I know this has happened to every version since 1903 which I was forced to upgrade from several weeks ago.I have a fresh install and all of my drivers are up to date.If I open the event viewer mmc, open and event and then close the...
  7. Bugcheck unexpected reboots in Event Viewer

Bugcheck unexpected reboots in Event Viewer: Hi!Over the last month, I've noticed that I'll occasionally wake my computer from sleep and find it rebooted. The reboots didn't seem consistent with updating, so I checked Event Viewer and found the system had a number of Bugcheck errors and related unexpected reboots. These...
  8. Event Viewer freezes

Event Viewer freezes: Hi, After upgrade from 1909 to 2004 and after displaying properties of a single event the event viewer freezes. I can use the up/down arrows while an event property is open but as soon as I close the event property there is no way to select anything within the event viewer...
  9. Event viewer: Boot manager is corrupt

Event viewer: Boot manager is corrupt: My desktop computer is always crashing randomly with a buzzing sound before rebooting automatically. Sometimes it won't show image when rebooting ex. No signal or a black screen and I would have to try several times in order for the display to show image. I tried many...
  10. Windows Event Viewer Event 41, Event 6008, PC either reboots or freezes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Event Viewer Event 41, Event 6008, PC either reboots or freezes: About every hour or so, my windows 10 PC either freezes, or restarts. After viewing windows event viewer, the only errors I find are Event 6008 and Event 41, before it appeared to be an issue with my headphone drivers, which I updated, and later unplugged which now my PC has...