Windows 10: Event Viewer Closes Unexpectedly

Discus and support Event Viewer Closes Unexpectedly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm having a problem with the Windows Event Viewer application. A few seconds after I open it and try to start using it to view errors, it suddenly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MesPia, Jul 8, 2019.

1. MesPia Win User

Event Viewer Closes Unexpectedly

I'm having a problem with the Windows Event Viewer application. A few seconds after I open it and try to start using it to view errors, it suddenly closes for no apparent reason. Has anyone else seen this? Is there a known fix?

By the way, in the Windows Topics dropdown list box, there should be an entry for Windows application problems.

:)

MesPia, Jul 8, 2019
  2. BillN-122 Win User

tabs and new open windows close unexpectedly

tabs and new open windows close unexpectedly

event viewer shows as error...application error and service control error

Any suggestions for a fix?

BillN-122, Jul 8, 2019
  3. tzitzibp Win User
    My new Vista computer sometimes unexpectedly shuts off. Any suggestions?

Don´t let people going on speculating.... list your specs and follow the suggestions in this tread, about the "Event Viewer".... and be sure you´ll get the help you need....

Otherwise you will just get more and more confused.*Bang Head :banghead:

tzitzibp, Jul 8, 2019
  4. nancy3243 Win User

Event Viewer problem with latest Windows Build 1607

After installing the new Windows build 1607, the Event Viewer stopped recording events under Diagnostic Performance. (Before 1607 I checked the files located under Windows.old dated 9/23/2016 and located this file which indeed did have a list of events
    recorded.)

Since the initial 1607 download there have been two new builds automatically installed on my laptop.

The last step in an automatic download is the RESTART. Prior to my rebooting, I checked the Diagnostic Performance and for sure, these had the list of events.

Rebooting by me, causes the Diagnostic Performance errors to disappear.

As suggested earlier I have run the SFC/DISM commands with no errors reported.

Any Ideas?

Nancy

nancy3243, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Event Viewer Closes Unexpectedly - Similar Threads - Event Viewer Closes

2. event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event viewer: **************THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN? THXLog Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 11/26/2021 11:22:13 PM Event ID: 400 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: Ashhhhh Description: Device...
  3. Bugcheck unexpected reboots in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bugcheck unexpected reboots in Event Viewer: Hi!Over the last month, I've noticed that I'll occasionally wake my computer from sleep and find it rebooted. The reboots didn't seem consistent with updating, so I checked Event Viewer and found the system had a number of Bugcheck errors and related unexpected reboots. These...
  4. Unexpected shutdown and event viewer doesn’t show anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unexpected shutdown and event viewer doesn’t show anything: Hi so I have this issue. I left my laptop on for the entire night downloading some steam games, when I woke up the laptop was off. It wasn’t shut down and I assumed it was on sleep. I checked the event viewer and nothing was popping up, I also checked the reliability history...
  5. Issue #1 - Event Viewer keeps closing in v1903

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Issue #1 - Event Viewer keeps closing in v1903: [img] Desktop Windows 10 Pro, version 1903, OS Build 18362.476 - upgraded from v1809 to v1903 on Nov. 17, 2019. I've read through numerous web posts about this issue but none of the suggestions worked. None of the KB updates in relation to this issue were installed, so there...
  6. Event Viewer shuts down on its own unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Event Viewer shuts down on its own unexpectedly: I frequently have a problem with the Event Viewer. After opening it and viewing one of the log files (typically Windows Logs>Application), the Event Viewer will suddenly just close on its own. Any ideas how to fix this?...
  7. Unexpected event.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unexpected event.: I have the latest version of windows 10. My desktop wallpaper just changed to a different wallpaper pic for no reason. What happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unexpected-event/467582e0-a66a-4d2c-9959-f9b7b140c784
  8. Unexpected Audit Failure in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unexpected Audit Failure in Event Viewer: Even with years of experience with Windows operating systems I am in the unenviable position of trying to diagnose an Audit Failure in the Event Viewer for Windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop that just reared its ugly head recently. It is perhaps noteworthy that I am not seeing...
  9. event viewer

event viewer: I see many errors in event viewer but do not know what they mean. I was going to show one but thought it may compromise my security. Sorry about the post lacking information; are these errors dangerous for the most part or are they harmless. I am not going to poke around here...
  10. Event Viewer

Event Viewer: Is there any way to clear the items listed in 'administrative events' in event viewer? TIA, Richard 98433