Windows 10: Event Viewer driver issues

Discus and support Event Viewer driver issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an HP X2 Elite (Tablet) and have just completed a clean install of Windows 10 Creative Edition. The Event Viewer shows seven Event 219... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ricstix, May 3, 2017.

1. ricstix Win User

Event Viewer driver issues

I have an HP X2 Elite (Tablet) and have just completed a clean install of Windows 10 Creative Edition.

The Event Viewer shows seven Event 219 failures. The first four are Intel issues and the next three are for other drivers. The abbreviated events are as follows.....

Event 219 - Intel

1. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device HID\Vid_8087&Pid_0AC5\6&31d47698&0&0000.
    HID Advanced Sensor Collection

2. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device HID\Vid_8087&Pid_0AC4\6&22400a30&0&0000.
    INTEL - Simple Orientation Sensor

3. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device HID\Vid_8087&Pid_0AC2\6&37eba55e&0&0000.

4. The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device HID\Vid_8087&Pid_0AC2\6&f0a8bfc&0&0000.
    ST_MICRO - Physical Accelerometer Sensor

A check of the Device Manager\Intel Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework\Properties\Events shows all the software is installed and working properly.

Event 219 Other

5. The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device USB\VID_138A&PID_003F\00306e61909b. Validity Sensors PCI Vendor and Device Lists
    Synaptics FP Sensors (WBF) (PID=003f)

6. The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device {7C21B866-3EB5-40D4-A034-44DA8DD6B287}\UM\5&39192afe&0&0.
    Intel(R) MA-USB Host PAL

7. The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device ACPI\INT3400\2&daba3ff&1.

I may be missing a driver, or the driver that controls these items is corrupt; can someone please be kind enough to suggest how I fix these issues.

:)

ricstix, May 3, 2017
  2. auggy Win User

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL with driver conflict for AR5007EG wireless adapter

Is there anything logged in the Event Viewer that might indicate what the issue is with the driver?

auggy, May 3, 2017
  3. WLAN Autoconfig service keeps stopping

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

I suggest you to try following methods and check:

Download the latest drivers for the adapter from the manufacturer’s website and install it on the system.

Check Event Viewer as soon as the WLAN connection is stopped in order to know which application is causing this issue. Follow the steps mentioned in the article given below to open Event viewer.

Open Event Viewer

• Right-click or tap and hold the Start icon. Choose Event Viewer.

The Event Viewer appears.

• On the left, choose Event Viewer, Custom Views, Administrative Events.

It may take a while, but eventually you see a list of notable events like the one shown.
    Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anusha

Anusha Verma, May 3, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, please post a screenshot of your Device Manager - are there any yellow triangles?

(use the icon to the left of the video icon above your post - thanks).

dalchina, May 3, 2017
  5. ricstix Win User
    Thanks. I should have mentioned that as far as I can see, all devices are working. Also, I have checked the properties of every item in the Device Manager and there are no yellow triangles.

One other item that may or may not be related is a DTF error in another section of the Event Viewer.

Intel(R) Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework : ESIF(8.2.11003.3588) TYPE: ERROR MODULE: DPTF TIME 12770 ms

DPTF Build Version: 8.2.11003.3588
    DPTF Build Date: Jan 10 2017 09:52:34
    Source File: ..\..\..\..\Sources\Policies\PolicyLib\PolicyBase.cpp @ line 1002
    Executing Function: PolicyBase::takeControlOfOsc
    Message: Passive Policy 2: Failed to acquire OSC: Failure during execution of _OSC:
    DPTF Build Version: 8.2.11003.3588
    DPTF Build Date: Jan 10 2017 09:52:34
    Source File: ..\..\..\Sources\Manager\EsifServices.cpp @ line 472
    Executing Function: EsifServices:*TonguerimitiveExecuteSet
    Message: Error returned from ESIF services interface function call
    Participant: NoParticipant
    Domain: NoDomain
    ESIF Primitive: SET_OPERATING_SYSTEM_CAPABILITIES [93]
    ESIF Instance: 255
    ESIF Return Code: ESIF_E_UNSUPPORTED_ACTION_TYPE [1202]

Policy: Passive Policy 2 [1]

ricstix, May 3, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hi, the error number 219 and WudfRd both give a good number of finds on a general search. I'd suggest there's plenty of material there that may help:

The driver \Driver\WUDFRd failed to load for the device - Solved - Windows 10 Forums
    - solved by using an older version of the driver

Now, noting you
    - it is possible the driver map for the CU means you have a different version of the drivers that previously worked for you.

Is this the first time you have installed the CU?

What was running on your tablet previously?

The driver WudfRd failed to load for the device - Microsoft Community
    - the suggestions toward the end maybe

Driver\WUDFRd failed to load...

Note the reference to Driver Verifier

WUDFRd is a service - Windows Driver Foundation.

Event ID 219: Windows Kernel PNP - TechNet Articles - United States (English) - TechNet Wiki

Comment on the type of failure occurring, albeit for older Windows.

dalchina, May 3, 2017
  7. ricstix Win User
    Agreed. I have spent not hours, but days researching this issue and found loads of information but have been unable to resolve the problems (yet *Redface.)

I have installed it more times than I care to count. The "best experience" was when it decided to do an update and rolled itself back to the Anniversary Edition. *Zip Unfortunately on all the clean installs these same errors appear.

Your suggestion regarding the difference in driver dates was a good one. Most are dated prior to the CU. To be on the safe side, I did uninstall a few of the newer drivers and installed previous versions. Did not fix anything.

The Windows Driver Foundation was set to automatic start days ago and didn't fix it.

The Driver Verifier was just tried. Thanks for the suggestion. The Tablet did not fall over and when the Verifier was turned off, it didn't show any Flags.

Bloody frustrating! *cry

ricstix, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Event Viewer driver issues - Similar Threads - Event Viewer driver

2. Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue: Upon looking at event viewer under Error title: The storage optimiser couldn't complete re-trim on G: because: The operation requested is not supported by the hardware backing the volume. 0x8900002AUnder Windows Logs it says that : The storage optimiser successfully completed...
  3. Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue: Upon looking at event viewer under Error title: The storage optimiser couldn't complete re-trim on G: because: The operation requested is not supported by the hardware backing the volume. 0x8900002AUnder Windows Logs it says that : The storage optimiser successfully completed...
  4. Event Viewer 264 Defrag Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event viewer: **************THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN? THXLog Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 11/26/2021 11:22:13 PM Event ID: 400 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: Ashhhhh Description: Device...
  6. event viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    event viewer: **************THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN? THXLog Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 11/26/2021 11:22:13 PM Event ID: 400 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: Ashhhhh Description: Device...
  7. event viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    event viewer: code defenitions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer/32a8bf89-f0e7-42b2-91f6-a2a60da0a8e1
  8. event viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    event viewer: I see many errors in event viewer but do not know what they mean. I was going to show one but thought it may compromise my security. Sorry about the post lacking information; are these errors dangerous for the most part or are they harmless. I am not going to poke around here...
  9. Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer: Is there any way to clear the items listed in 'administrative events' in event viewer? TIA, Richard 98433
  10. No BSOD issues but event viewer issue?

in Windows 10 Support
    No BSOD issues but event viewer issue?: I saw that unless you have a BSOD you should not post in that specific forum but this is an Event Viewer issue so i don't know where to post this . I have no BSOD's but an event viewer instance with an error code 10016 The application specific permission setting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows event viewer for driver issue

2. unable to open google chrome intel(r) dynamic platform and thermal framework : esif(8.3.10207.5567) type: error module: dptf time 1172113561 ms

3. eventvwr driver siabled

4. event viewer driver disabled