Windows 10: Event viewer Errors, Warnings after upgrade to 1803 with two new HDDs

Discus and support Event viewer Errors, Warnings after upgrade to 1803 with two new HDDs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Three weeks ago, I permitted the upgrade from 1709 to 1803 and last week permitted the April Patch Tuesday patches. This past weekend, I also replaced... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by glnz, Apr 15, 2019.

1. glnz Win User

Event viewer Errors, Warnings after upgrade to 1803 with two new HDDs

Three weeks ago, I permitted the upgrade from 1709 to 1803 and last week permitted the April Patch Tuesday patches. This past weekend, I also replaced my two Western Digital 500GB hard drives with two new Seagate 2TB hard drives, using Macrium Reflect on a USB stick in Verify mode.

I have also run sfc /scannow and Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth numerous times, and also chkdsk /x (which implies /f fix) in a reboot.

Things seem to be running well, but I have the following few recurring errors in Event Viewer:

• First, win I type Win+R, the white box is blank and there is no dropdown box to show me eventvwr, cmd, regedit or anything else. It is not remembering my past utility runs. This is unlike my 7 or even XP, which remember my recent Win+R commands.
      • I vaguely recall that the Registry normally keeps MRU lists of these things. Why not here?
    • An error in event viewer:
      • NOTE that I am using the dnscrypt-proxy service, which MAYBE is delaying contact to my LAN until it is up and running. Yes, my PC does connect to the network, or I could not post this thread. But what is your advice if this event is NOT caused by dnscrypt-proxy?
    • A warning in event viewer:
      • This one is odd - I am not aware of any virtual machines running.

What do you think? Please feel free to just post links to solutions for these separate items.

Thanks.

:)

2. Errors and warnings in the event viewer

I have a Ton of error and warnings in my event viewer. As see below. any ideas?
    Event viewer Errors, Warnings after upgrade to 1803 with two new HDDs 638c76c6-6e30-4050-8cb7-90be2594103e.png

CatFishEd1, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Event Viewer has over 1000 errors and warnings

That sure sounds like a scam call.

You do know that

a) neither Microsoft nor any of their partners will make unsolicited calls

and

b) that it's normal that the event viewer has lots of errors and warning...

don't you?

I hope you didn't allow anyone access to your computer.

With regard to b) suggestion to read:

With regard to a) suggestion to read/watch:

Fake Tech Support Scams – video from the MS Digital Crimes Unit

Jsssssssss, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Event viewer Errors, Warnings after upgrade to 1803 with two new HDDs

EVENT VIEWER ERRORS

Hi,

There are instances that Event Viewer errors can be harmless due to the reason that it's only being listed on your Event Viewer logs for documentation purposes during the upgrade process. For us to properly assist you in figuring out if you're in the same
    situation, we'd like to clarify the following details:

• Are you encountering any performance related issues?

• Are there any applications or programs that do not work as expected? If so, which are those?

• Can you send us a screenshot of the errors you're seeing?

Your reply is greatly appreciated.

Dhavelyn Mer, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Event viewer Errors, Warnings after upgrade to 1803 with two new HDDs

1. Event viewer Errors, Warnings after upgrade to 1803 with two new HDDs - Similar Threads - Event viewer Errors

2. Why are there errors and warnings in Event Viewer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are there errors and warnings in Event Viewer?: Why are there errors and warnings in Event Viewer?What do I do to correct this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-there-errors-and-warnings-in-event-viewer/f0c5cd3e-bd47-4a31-bcaa-d3e53143619b
  3. Why are there errors and warnings in Event Viewer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are there errors and warnings in Event Viewer?: Why are there errors and warnings in Event Viewer?What do I do to correct this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-there-errors-and-warnings-in-event-viewer/f0c5cd3e-bd47-4a31-bcaa-d3e53143619b
  4. getting warnings and errors in event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    getting warnings and errors in event viewer: Can someone please explain why I'm getting so many warnings and errors in event viewer??Is this normal??I'm attaching the system and application logs where I'm getting the errors. Its concerning for me as I'm facing bsod error from along time and specifically dcp watch dog...
  5. getting warnings and errors in event viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    getting warnings and errors in event viewer: Can someone please explain why I'm getting so many warnings and errors in event viewer??Is this normal??I'm attaching the system and application logs where I'm getting the errors. Its concerning for me as I'm facing bsod error from along time and specifically dcp watch dog...
  6. Critical, Error and Warning events in Event viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical, Error and Warning events in Event viewer: Critical, Error and Warning events from all administrative logs on my dell 5566 2004. The windows 10 updates have destroyed my OS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/critical-error-and-warning-events-in-event-viewer/a1571c93-ae91-4199-8799-93ad26951194
  7. event viewer warnings

in Windows 10 Support
    event viewer warnings: [img] HI How important is it to sort out warning errors. I often have a lot like this. I dont understand what they say but am happy to post a few if people here think they should be sorted thank you in advance 145291
  8. Event viewer Errors, Warnings in upgrade to 1803 with two new HDDs

in Windows 10 Support
    Event viewer Errors, Warnings in upgrade to 1803 with two new HDDs: Three weeks ago, I permitted the upgrade from 1709 to 1803 and last week permitted the April Patch Tuesday patches. This past weekend, I also replaced my two Western Digital 500GB hard drives with two new Seagate 2TB hard drives, using Macrium Reflect on a USB stick in Verify...
  9. Event Viewer Errors and warnings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer Errors and warnings: Hi guys! Its just been couple of days since I knew what the feature of "Event Viewer" is and I check Event Viewer for regular basis but now whenever I open Event Viewer and click on "Administrative Events" then it says "Query error" and the message is: Log Error...
  10. Many Event Viewer Errors & Warnings

in Windows 10 Support
    Many Event Viewer Errors & Warnings: When will Microsoft analyze all those errors & warnings that appear so often in the Event Viewer, and fix them so they won't happen again? I understand that it's not really necessary to have all that to be fixed in there, because the computer still functions normally. But why...