Windows 10: Event Viewer freezes

Discus and support Event Viewer freezes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, After upgrade from 1909 to 2004 and after displaying properties of a single event the event viewer freezes. I can use the up/down arrows while an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Viktor SCH, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Event Viewer freezes

Hi,

After upgrade from 1909 to 2004 and after displaying properties of a single event the event viewer freezes.

I can use the up/down arrows while an event property is open but as soon as I close the event property

there is no way to select anything within the event viewer anymore - Have to kill mmc via task manager and

re-open eventvwr again. Same happens with task scheduler but not with services!

Funny enough if I use an other user account on this machine then there is no problem at all.

SFC /SCANNOW did not report any error

Any hint most welcome - thanks

Viktor

MMC error after freeze of event viewer

The program mmc.exe version 10.0.19041.329 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
    Process ID: 229c
    Start Time: 01d642357f4566ed
    Termination Time: 4294967295
    Application Path: C:\Windows\System32\mmc.exe
    Report Id: 2ec94094-3d8c-4af3-be9f-41c7fdce24f2
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:
    Hang type: Cross-thread

:)

Viktor SCH, Jun 14, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Event Viewer Log

Hi Debi,

As per the information, I would like to inform that the errors registered under Event Viewer may not always mean that your PC is non responsive or dysfunctional. If you have experience any crash, freeze or dysfunctionality, you can refer to the error registered
    in Event Viewer for assistance.

I suggest that you send us the screenshot of the event viewer window so that we can introspect better.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 14, 2020
  4. nancy3243 Win User

Event Viewer freezes

Event Viewer problem with latest Windows Build 1607

After installing the new Windows build 1607, the Event Viewer stopped recording events under Diagnostic Performance. (Before 1607 I checked the files located under Windows.old dated 9/23/2016 and located this file which indeed did have a list of events
    recorded.)

Since the initial 1607 download there have been two new builds automatically installed on my laptop.

The last step in an automatic download is the RESTART. Prior to my rebooting, I checked the Diagnostic Performance and for sure, these had the list of events.

Rebooting by me, causes the Diagnostic Performance errors to disappear.

As suggested earlier I have run the SFC/DISM commands with no errors reported.

Any Ideas?

Nancy

nancy3243, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

Event Viewer freezes

1. Event Viewer freezes - Similar Threads - Event Viewer freezes

2. Computer freezing and error msgs in event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezing and error msgs in event viewer: My computer have been freezing for the last weekI managed to solve the problem for a few days and now it freezes againthe errors I get in event viewer are:Error setting traits on Provider {8444a4fb-d8d3-4f38-84f8-89960a1ef12f}. Error: 0xC0000001The computer has rebooted from...
  3. Computer freezing and error msgs in event viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezing and error msgs in event viewer: My computer have been freezing for the last weekI managed to solve the problem for a few days and now it freezes againthe errors I get in event viewer are:Error setting traits on Provider {8444a4fb-d8d3-4f38-84f8-89960a1ef12f}. Error: 0xC0000001The computer has rebooted from...
  4. event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event viewer: **************THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN? THXLog Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 11/26/2021 11:22:13 PM Event ID: 400 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: Ashhhhh Description: Device...
  5. event viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    event viewer: **************THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN? THXLog Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 11/26/2021 11:22:13 PM Event ID: 400 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: Ashhhhh Description: Device...
  6. Event Viewer Freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Viewer Freezes: Hello, I am using Windows 10 21H1. As far as I know this has happened to every version since 1903 which I was forced to upgrade from several weeks ago.I have a fresh install and all of my drivers are up to date.If I open the event viewer mmc, open and event and then close the...
  7. LAPTOP FREEZE WITHOUT TRACE IN EVENT VIEWER.

LAPTOP FREEZE WITHOUT TRACE IN EVENT VIEWER.: Hi there, My laptop freezes a lot during browsing, opening folders, and more during gaming. The freeze occurs mostly when a "ping" from League in game or when the game announcer says something like when somebody get's first blood or objectives. On other...
  8. event viewer

event viewer: code defenitions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer/32a8bf89-f0e7-42b2-91f6-a2a60da0a8e1
  9. event viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    event viewer: I see many errors in event viewer but do not know what they mean. I was going to show one but thought it may compromise my security. Sorry about the post lacking information; are these errors dangerous for the most part or are they harmless. I am not going to poke around here...
  10. Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer: Is there any way to clear the items listed in 'administrative events' in event viewer? TIA, Richard 98433