Windows 10: event viewer internet explorer not logging. i/e ver 11

Discus and support event viewer internet explorer not logging. i/e ver 11 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; win 10 enterprise ver 1809 ie 11 searched around, found a registry entry that did not work, anyone have a sure fire entry or fix that will enable... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by wintenarco, Sep 27, 2019.

1. event viewer internet explorer not logging. i/e ver 11

win 10 enterprise ver 1809

ie 11

searched around, found a registry entry that did not work, anyone have a sure fire entry or fix that will enable
    i/e logging in event viewer?

:)

wintenarco, Sep 27, 2019

2. Windows 10 Internet Explore 11 Problem

Hi,

To diagnose the issue it would better we first have the Event viewer logs.

Open IE 11 and then follow the below steps and send us the Event viewer logs that can be found at the time the Internet Explorer crashed.

• Go to the Control Panel
    • Click on the Administrative Tools icon.
    • From the list choose Event viewer and double click on it.
    • Scroll the logs and copy the error code or message that were logged at the time IE crashed.
    Copy paste the logs here and we will analyze and determine what is the best way to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 27, 2019
  4. event viewer internet explorer not logging. i/e ver 11

Internet Explorer 11 error under Windows 10

Hi Philip,

Thank you for posting your response.

I would suggest that you open Internet Explorer, type in the ip address in the address bar and then go to Event Viewer and check if there is any error that has been recorded while you received the error message. To do so refer to the article provided in
    the link below by Zig Zag 3143 on how to check Events that have occurred in your computer.

Event viewer-- What is going on in your computer

Also if the issue is persistent to Internet Explorer then I would suggest that you reset IE and check if you incur the same after reset.

Refer to the link below to Reset Internet Explorer

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/internet-explorer/reset-ie-settings#ie=ie-11

Disclaimer: The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added to the list of Trusted Sites. The Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature might also reset parental control settings.
    We recommend that you note these sites before you use the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature. Also re-enable the add-ons.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

event viewer internet explorer not logging. i/e ver 11

1. event viewer internet explorer not logging. i/e ver 11 - Similar Threads - event viewer internet

2. Event Viewer Audio logs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Viewer Audio logs: Hello,I have been trying to look for audio logs which can show me when the device PC/Laptop was muted, and when the volume status was changed. In Event Viewer, both Windows>System and Application and Services Logs>Microsoft>Windows>Audio none are visible for the mute...
  3. Event Viewer Audio logs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Event Viewer Audio logs: Hello,I have been trying to look for audio logs which can show me when the device PC/Laptop was muted, and when the volume status was changed. In Event Viewer, both Windows>System and Application and Services Logs>Microsoft>Windows>Audio none are visible for the mute...
  4. Event Viewer Log Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Event Viewer Log Files: I've noticed my disk space is running low and I've found Event Viewer log files are taking up 25GB. The log file size limit is set to the default of 20480 KB and set to overwrite.I'm sure they shouldn't be taking this much space up.Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing.Does...
  5. Event Viewer Log Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer Log Files: I've noticed my disk space is running low and I've found Event Viewer log files are taking up 25GB. The log file size limit is set to the default of 20480 KB and set to overwrite.I'm sure they shouldn't be taking this much space up.Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing.Does...
  6. Event Viewer Log Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Troubling event viewer log

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Troubling event viewer log: I seem to be having issues with the WMI services. While checking event viewer I noticed a DistributedCOM error occurring over 1800 times per hour. Not sure if its related but does anyone know about the error below? Unable to start a DCOM Server:...
  8. Event Viewer Log.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Event Viewer Log.: Need to create an event viewer log that tracks USB connects and disconnects. I have all my USB devices disconnecting and reconnecting. I need to identify if it's possibly my UPS (usb connected to PC), because it showed I had a battery discharge when i first installed my...
  9. e - internet explorer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    e - internet explorer: how can I update my browser ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/e-internet-explorer/5b15dcf5-b2ec-46eb-9072-4908cebdd624
  10. Event Viewer Logs

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer Logs: I’m currently on Win10 Pro x64, version 1709, Build 16299.371. Searching in my Event Viewer, I noticed some logs under the “Applications and Services Logs” folder, which I don’t recall having previously (pointed with red arrow, in the image) and are all inactive! Can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internet explorer event log

2. internet explorer event viewer windows 10