Windows 10: Event Viewer Logs

Discus and support Event Viewer Logs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I’m currently on Win10 Pro x64, version 1709, Build 16299.371. Searching in my Event Viewer, I noticed some logs under the “Applications and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ddelo, Apr 19, 2018.

1. ddelo Win User

Event Viewer Logs

I’m currently on Win10 Pro x64, version 1709, Build 16299.371.

Searching in my Event Viewer, I noticed some logs under the “Applications and Services Logs” folder, which I don’t recall having previously (pointed with red arrow, in the image) and are all inactive!

Can somebody verify with his system, if he has these logs and if not, does anybody have any idea how to get rid of them (if possible).

Event Viewer Logs [​IMG]

It should be noted, that the only change I have recently made, was to remove IIS and Windows Process Activation Service from the Windows features, which had been enabled during the 10586 days of Win10, removed the DefaultAppPool user account and deleted the C:\inetpub and C:\Windows\System32\inetsrv, based on this article.

Event Viewer Logs [​IMG]

Thanks

:)

ddelo, Apr 19, 2018

2. Delete Event Log Files created in one month

Rishad,

I noticed that some type of XML coding might help to export.

I export the logs basically based on the setup of the events. For example, you have Event Viewer (Local) -> Windows Logs -> Security. And I export them to )say the month of April):

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Windows Logs\2016\Security\

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Windows Logs\2016\Security\Comma Separated Value - CSV\04.csv

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Windows Logs\2016\Security\Event Viewer\No Display Information\04.evtx

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Windows Logs\2016\Security\Event Viewer\Display Information for English\04..evtx

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Windows Logs\2016\Security\Event Viewer Current View - XML\04.xml

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Windows Logs\2016\Security\TXT\04.txt

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Windows Logs\2016\Security\XML\No Display Information\04.xml

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Windows Logs\2016\Security\XML\Display Information for English\04.xml

What is getting a bit more difficult is creating the Event Viewer (Local) -> Applications and Services Logs -> Dell (OK a bit easy), but then you have Event Viewer (Local) -> Applications and Services Logs -> Microsoft -> Windows -> AAD. Which goes to:

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Applications and Services Logs\Microsoft\Windows\AAD\Operational\2016\Comma Separated Files - CSV\01.csv

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Applications and Services Logs\Microsoft\Windows\AAD\Operational\2016\Event Files\No Display Information\01.evtx

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Applications and Services Logs\Microsoft\Windows\AAD\Operational\2016\Event Files\Display Information for English\01.evtx

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Applications and Services Logs\Microsoft\Windows\AAD\Operational\2016\TXT\01.txt

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Applications and Services Logs\Microsoft\Windows\AAD\Operational\2016\XML\No Display Information\01.xml

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Applications and Services Logs\Microsoft\Windows\AAD\Operational\2016\XML\Display Information for English\01.xml

So maybe if an XML export can some export / create the proper documents, that would be great!

Thank you!

CoreyBryant, Apr 19, 2018
  3. Windows Store

Hi,

We can look into the Even viewer logs to diagnose the issue. Event Viewer is a tool that shows detailed information about significant events on your computer. Event Viewer can be helpful when troubleshooting problems in Windows. To open Event Viewer type
    Event Viewer in the search box and click View event logs.

Vinod Archak, Apr 19, 2018
Thema:

Event Viewer Logs

1. Event Viewer Logs - Similar Threads - Event Viewer Logs

2. Disabled Event Viewer Log Keeps Logging Events Anyway??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabled Event Viewer Log Keeps Logging Events Anyway??: I don't know what to do. I enabled 'Winsock Network Events' in Event Viewer to see what kind of events are logged and even when I explicitly disable the log, it keeps filling with events whenever I clear itI've tried to clear the log before Disabling, tried clearing it after...
  3. Event Viewer Audio logs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Viewer Audio logs: Hello,I have been trying to look for audio logs which can show me when the device PC/Laptop was muted, and when the volume status was changed. In Event Viewer, both Windows>System and Application and Services Logs>Microsoft>Windows>Audio none are visible for the mute...
  4. Event Viewer Audio logs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Event Viewer Audio logs: Hello,I have been trying to look for audio logs which can show me when the device PC/Laptop was muted, and when the volume status was changed. In Event Viewer, both Windows>System and Application and Services Logs>Microsoft>Windows>Audio none are visible for the mute...
  5. Event Viewer Audio logs

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Event Viewer Log Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Event Viewer Log Files: I've noticed my disk space is running low and I've found Event Viewer log files are taking up 25GB. The log file size limit is set to the default of 20480 KB and set to overwrite.I'm sure they shouldn't be taking this much space up.Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing.Does...
  7. Event Viewer Log Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer Log Files: I've noticed my disk space is running low and I've found Event Viewer log files are taking up 25GB. The log file size limit is set to the default of 20480 KB and set to overwrite.I'm sure they shouldn't be taking this much space up.Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing.Does...
  8. Event Viewer Log Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Troubling event viewer log

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Troubling event viewer log: I seem to be having issues with the WMI services. While checking event viewer I noticed a DistributedCOM error occurring over 1800 times per hour. Not sure if its related but does anyone know about the error below? Unable to start a DCOM Server:...
  10. Event Viewer Log.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Event Viewer Log.: Need to create an event viewer log that tracks USB connects and disconnects. I have all my USB devices disconnecting and reconnecting. I need to identify if it's possibly my UPS (usb connected to PC), because it showed I had a battery discharge when i first installed my...