Windows 10: Event Viewer (MCC.exe) crashes 'System.IO.IOException'

Discus and support Event Viewer (MCC.exe) crashes 'System.IO.IOException' in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm afraid this is another Windows 1903 bug (current ver 1836.175) as it is reproducible on every (?) PC. run Event Viewer click 'Create Custom View'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by hexaae, Jun 12, 2019.

1. hexaae Win User

Event Viewer (MCC.exe) crashes 'System.IO.IOException'

I'm afraid this is another Windows 1903 bug (current ver 1836.175) as it is reproducible on every (?) PC.

• run Event Viewer
    • click 'Create Custom View' on the right panel
    • create for example a filter for System, events 6005, 6006, give it a name and save it:
      Event Viewer (MCC.exe) crashes 'System.IO.IOException' [​IMG]
    • then click on the left tree "Custom Views" and an mcc.exe crash will occur *Confused reporting a IO error reading "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Event Viewer\Views\View_0.xml"

P.S.
    To roll-back you can from an admin prompt:
    Code: del "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Event Viewer\Views\View_0.xml"[/quote]

:)

hexaae, Jun 12, 2019
  2. zatblast Win User

Explorer crashing

my only suggestion for the vagueish problem description would be to check the event viewer for something a little... more information if it happens to be there..
    control panel | administrative tools | event viewer check them all for the time of the crash, and try to gather data if possible so that the problem well has a chance of being solved maybe..

zatblast, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Event viewer, system event with the ID 8016

So recently my pc has been crashing and restarting over and over again. When I took a look at the event viewer I found some interesting things. ( I followed the event route: Event viewer, Windows-events, system) I found an error message that I am not able
    to retrace anywhere on the internet. The event ID of the error message was 8016. So if anybody could help me with this or tell me where I could find more information on the event, this would be very much so appreciated. Kind regards Axel van Buren

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Axelvan Buren, Jun 12, 2019
  4. erocker Win User

System crashes after 40mins game time

Check the Event Viewer in the Control Panel. What kind of Criticals Errors and Warnings does it list?

erocker, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Event Viewer (MCC.exe) crashes 'System.IO.IOException' - Similar Threads - Event Viewer MCC

2. event viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    event viewer: code defenitions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer/32a8bf89-f0e7-42b2-91f6-a2a60da0a8e1
  3. Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Event Viewer: Hi. I'm trying to tackle and understand the mysterious EV. IDs are nonexistent or vague. The wording sometimes make sense sometimes, I don't have access to the PC with the error logs. I'm trying to understand without the access. Hope this makes sense. Questions?...
  4. event viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    event viewer: I see many errors in event viewer but do not know what they mean. I was going to show one but thought it may compromise my security. Sorry about the post lacking information; are these errors dangerous for the most part or are they harmless. I am not going to poke around here...
  5. Windows Event Viewer Application Crash

Windows Event Viewer Application Crash: Hello I have gotten this same error code that has been making all my games crash and making them unplayable. Please help me Faulting application name: bad_module_info, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp:...
  6. skype crashes, event viewer flags ntdll.dll

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    skype crashes, event viewer flags ntdll.dll: so...the last few days I've been dealing with skype crashing every few days, and when I check the event viewer logs, it flags on ntdll.dll. below is attached an image of the last instance of this occurring. [img] I ran check disk, I ran the system error checking,...
  7. Event viewer crashing every few minutes

Event viewer crashing every few minutes: Hello everyone i just win 10 on a new laptop HP i checked EVENT VIEWER and found an error under Applications occuring every few minutes but I don't notice it What does this mean Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 9/8/2017 11:17:41 AM Event ID:...
  8. Graphics card crashing, nothing in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics card crashing, nothing in Event Viewer: Since 3 days ago I have been experiencing intermittent video card crashes/oddities. Sometimes the display goes black, sometimes it displays a weird pattern. The audio also stutters rapidly, like what happens with a BSOD, but then goes silent after about 4 or 5 seconds. At...
  9. Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer: Is there any way to clear the items listed in 'administrative events' in event viewer? TIA, Richard 98433
  10. Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer: I had a problem with Lockheed Martins P3DV4 software earlier this week which has now been resolved. As part of the trouble shooting process I used Windows Event Viewer to track down the issue. While using Event Viewer I noted it is a "busy" piece of software with...