Windows 10: Event Viewer (MCC.exe) crashes 'System.IO.IOException'

Discus and support Event Viewer (MCC.exe) crashes 'System.IO.IOException' in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm afraid this is another Windows 1903 bug (current ver 1836.175) as it is reproducible on every (?) PC. run Event Viewer click 'Create Custom View'... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by hexaae, Jun 12, 2019.

1. hexaae Win User

Event Viewer (MCC.exe) crashes 'System.IO.IOException'

I'm afraid this is another Windows 1903 bug (current ver 1836.175) as it is reproducible on every (?) PC.

• run Event Viewer
    • click 'Create Custom View' on the right panel
    • create for example a filter for System, events 6005, 6006, give it a name and save it:
      Event Viewer (MCC.exe) crashes 'System.IO.IOException' [​IMG]
    • then click on the left tree "Custom Views" and an mcc.exe crash will occur *Confused reporting a IO error reading "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Event Viewer\Views\View_0.xml"

P.S.
    To roll-back you can from an admin prompt:
    Code: del "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Event Viewer\Views\View_0.xml"[/quote]

:)

hexaae, Jun 12, 2019
  2. zatblast Win User

Explorer crashing

my only suggestion for the vagueish problem description would be to check the event viewer for something a little... more information if it happens to be there..
    control panel | administrative tools | event viewer check them all for the time of the crash, and try to gather data if possible so that the problem well has a chance of being solved maybe..

zatblast, Jun 12, 2019
  3. Event viewer, system event with the ID 8016

So recently my pc has been crashing and restarting over and over again. When I took a look at the event viewer I found some interesting things. ( I followed the event route: Event viewer, Windows-events, system) I found an error message that I am not able
    to retrace anywhere on the internet. The event ID of the error message was 8016. So if anybody could help me with this or tell me where I could find more information on the event, this would be very much so appreciated. Kind regards Axel van Buren

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Axelvan Buren, Jun 12, 2019
  4. erocker Win User

System crashes after 40mins game time

Check the Event Viewer in the Control Panel. What kind of Criticals Errors and Warnings does it list?

erocker, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Event Viewer (MCC.exe) crashes 'System.IO.IOException' - Similar Threads - Event Viewer MCC

2. event viewer keep getting crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event viewer keep getting crashes: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xZ8vcqtIcxG5aM4axNRfZxp2QCja0ZKs/view?usp=sharing event log link7800x3d3080 evgaROG-THOR-1200Psux670e hero mobo 64gb ddr5 ram need help please...
  3. PC crash and event viewer errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crash and event viewer errors: On a game I get a full freeze and feedback from my speakers, only way to reset is to press the reset button.In the event viewer I these errors at the date stamp time of the crash :-SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization for WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-BKG2VOL$ via...
  4. PC crash and event viewer errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crash and event viewer errors: On a game I get a full freeze and feedback from my speakers, only way to reset is to press the reset button.In the event viewer I these errors at the date stamp time of the crash :-SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization for WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-BKG2VOL$ via...
  5. PC crash and event viewer errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. FSX Crashes Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX Crashes Event Viewer: Greetings,Yesterday I wrote to you about problems with FSX SP2 that I have installed on my PC with Windows 10 64 bit.There are times when FSX doesn't boot up or if it does then it crashes in flight. I checked the event viewer and saw these errors:fsx.exe 10.0.61472.0...
  7. FSX Crashes Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FSX Crashes Event Viewer: Greetings,Yesterday I wrote to you about problems with FSX SP2 that I have installed on my PC with Windows 10 64 bit.There are times when FSX doesn't boot up or if it does then it crashes in flight. I checked the event viewer and saw these errors:fsx.exe 10.0.61472.0...
  8. Multiple System errors in the event viewer

Multiple System errors in the event viewer: I have an HP Pavilion Laptop. I usually use it for schoolwork and mild gaming. Since schools are closed because of the coronavirus outbreak I only use it for entertainment I mainly play league of legends, watch movies and listen to music The problem kicked in two weeks ago...
  9. Event Viewer System Error Volsnap

Event Viewer System Error Volsnap: Log Name: System Source: Volsnap Date: 2/9/2020 4:27:02 PM Event ID: 27 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-4BH9KT1 Description: The shadow copies of volume D: were aborted during...
  10. Windows Event Viewer Application Crash

Windows Event Viewer Application Crash: Hello I have gotten this same error code that has been making all my games crash and making them unplayable. Please help me Faulting application name: bad_module_info, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. event viewer view_0.xml crash

2. event viewer system.io.ioexception

3. event viewer keeps crashing

4. mmc system.io.ioexception,
  5. System.IO.IOException mmc.exe filter