Windows 10: EVENT VIEWER, NETWORK ADAPTERS, AND POSSIBLE MALWARE. I have concerns that I would like to...

Discus and support EVENT VIEWER, NETWORK ADAPTERS, AND POSSIBLE MALWARE. I have concerns that I would like to... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I upload event viewer logs? Please direct me to the right forum if this is not the correct one. XFINITY COMCAST: POSSIBLE DNS HACK. Please... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PatrickCheng2, Feb 11, 2020.

1. EVENT VIEWER, NETWORK ADAPTERS, AND POSSIBLE MALWARE. I have concerns that I would like to...

How do I upload event viewer logs?

Please direct me to the right forum if this is not the correct one.

XFINITY COMCAST: POSSIBLE DNS HACK.

Please dont hesitate to ask me any questions.

EVENT VIEWER, NETWORK ADAPTERS, AND POSSIBLE MALWARE. I have concerns that I would like to... e97bb78e-0ae7-4bcd-8320-8b9c8816e60c?upload=true.png

Name: Ethernet
    Description: Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller
    Physical address MAC: 3c:52:82:39:a2:d6
    Maximum transmission unit: 1500
    IPv4 address: 169.254.127.29/16
    IPv6 address: fe80::b156:8c62:c364:7f1d%17/64
    DNS servers: fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1, fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1, fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1
    Connectivity IPv4/IPv6: Disconnected

Name: Npcap Loopback Adapter
    Description: Npcap Loopback Adapter
    Physical address MAC: 02:00:4c:4f:4f:50
    IPv4 address: 169.254.240.19/16
    IPv6 address: fe80::3cdd:6d07:d83a:f013%6/64

Name: Wi-Fi
    Description: IntelR Dual Band Wireless-AC 3168
    Physical address MAC: 10:f0:05:5c:d5:23
    IPv4 address: 169.254.249.28/16
    IPv6 address: fe80::dd12:1581:c9a6:f91c%18/64

Name: Local Area Connection* 10
    Description: Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter
    Physical address MAC: 10:f0:05:5c:d5:24
    IPv4 address: 169.254.146.169/16
    IPv6 address: fe80::35ec:fac2:3108:92a9%47/64

Name: Local Area Connection* 11
    Description: Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #2
    Physical address MAC: 12:f0:05:5c:d5:23
    IPv4 address: 169.254.181.115/16
    IPv6 address: fe80::8ddd:7b3b:556:b573%54/64

Name: Ethernet 2
    Description: Apple Mobile Device Ethernet
    Physical address MAC: 72:ef:00:71:1e:8e
    Maximum transmission unit: 0

Name: Ethernet 3
    Description: Apple Mobile Device Ethernet #2
    Physical address MAC: fe:2a:9c:ac:95:ef
    Maximum transmission unit: 0

:)

PatrickCheng2, Feb 11, 2020
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Feb 11, 2020
  3. Network Adapter and Error code 0x800706bb

Hi Vanessa,

One of the possible reasons why you are having an issue with the network adapter is because some components of the program may be corrupted and needs to update. To resolve your concern regarding the network issue, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

Step 1: Run Network Adapter troubleshooter to scan and correct any possible cause of the issue.

To do this, follow these steps:

• Click Start, type Network settings > press Enter
      and click Status.
    • Under Network Status, click Network troubleshooter.
    • Follow the steps provided on the pop-up windows.
    • Once you're done, restart your device.

If the issue still persists, follow the steps below:

Step 2. Uninstall and reinstall the network driver to make sure that you will have the latest driver available for your device.

To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Network adapters.
    • Double-click on the device, and then click the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall, then OK.
    Download and install the latest version of network adapter driver on the manufacturer's website.

On the other hand, the error 0x800706bb occurs when some files on the system are missing. To resolve this concern you may follow the steps provided in this
    link.

Let us know if the solutions worked for you.

Joseph Ban, Feb 11, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

EVENT VIEWER, NETWORK ADAPTERS, AND POSSIBLE MALWARE. I have concerns that I would like to...

Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

EVENT VIEWER, NETWORK ADAPTERS, AND POSSIBLE MALWARE. I have concerns that I would like to...

1. EVENT VIEWER, NETWORK ADAPTERS, AND POSSIBLE MALWARE. I have concerns that I would like to... - Similar Threads - EVENT VIEWER NETWORK

2. I have BSOD that logs as information in event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have BSOD that logs as information in event viewer: Hello, sometimes my laptop HP pavilion BSODs while it's idle and never when it's highly active while playing resourceful games I've pasted link to my last ticket with another problem that is now solved but now I have another problem after first one was...
  3. possibly still have malware?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    possibly still have malware?: hello, a few days ago my brother guided me on downloaded a cracked version of some app. details don’t matter, but apparently the person who made it was notorious for having sketchy malware in their cracks. my brother is the techy one and told me that they were probably false,...
  4. Event Viewer - possible hack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer - possible hack: I'm checking for a possible hack in which my Dropbox was ransacked. On the day of the alleged hack, my Event Viewer shows a log on at four in the morning of that day, and later on that morning at 6:38 when I was using the device I see there was a Key migration operation. I...
  5. Event Viewer - possible hack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Viewer - possible hack: I'm checking for a possible hack in which my Dropbox was ransacked. On the day of the alleged hack, my Event Viewer shows a log on at four in the morning of that day, and later on that morning at 6:38 when I was using the device I see there was a Key migration operation. I...
  6. Is Event Viewer log share possible?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is Event Viewer log share possible?: This has been really bugging me, but I believe I may have accidentally shared a file from Event Viewer. Possibly on my network, or through bluetooth, but I opened Event Viewer and clicked around unknowingly to diagnose a crash I had in an application. I'm not sure if I did or...
  7. I have this unknown Program on my desktop and I am concerned whether this is malware. There...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have this unknown Program on my desktop and I am concerned whether this is malware. There...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LMJR500Army [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ex027t/i_have_this_unknown_program_on_my_desktop_and_i/
  8. I would like to insert lines in Wordpad. Is it possible?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I would like to insert lines in Wordpad. Is it possible?: I would like to insert lines in Wordpad. Is it possible? * Original title: Insert https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-insert-lines-in-wordpad-is-it/e7fe7014-834d-4647-94e0-f61af4fe751a"
  9. I would like to have help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I would like to have help: not really sure if this is in right windows topic but correct my wrongs lets start off for the last few 2-3 days my cmd has been popping up saying Too many arguments in command line. The process tried to write to a nonexistent pipe. FINDSTR: Cannot open...
  10. I would like to have a definitive Answer, please.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I would like to have a definitive Answer, please.: Scenario: Computer A is upgraded from a genuine Win 7 or 8 to Windows 10. Activated and digital entitled. A bootable media is created. I change Computer A's motherboard to a new one but not the same make and model. I then use the same bootable media to reinstall Windows...