Windows 10: Event Viewer ... possible to delete errors ... is it necessary?

Discus and support Event Viewer ... possible to delete errors ... is it necessary? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have more than 7,000 error messages in Event Viewer \ Administrative Events. I should add that my computer is less than two months old. I remember... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dave_horne, Mar 27, 2021.

1. Event Viewer ... possible to delete errors ... is it necessary?

I have more than 7,000 error messages in Event Viewer \ Administrative Events. I should add that my computer is less than two months old.

I remember from my previous computer that these messages pile up and for most of the time, are worthy of deletion.

When I clicked on File \ Delete files while Administrative events was in view, I chose Delete, but when I returned, I still had 7,000+ error messages.

I realize this isn't an important issue, and that we have tons of hard drive memory. but is it possible ... or even necessary to delete the error messages in Event Viewer?

Thanks, Dave Horne

:)

dave_horne, Mar 27, 2021
  2. spike47 Win User

Error in event viewer

Hi

I keep geting the following in the Event viewer ,
    The description for Event ID (4) in source ( SuperProServer ) cannot be found . the local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display message from a remote computer . You may be able to use /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description . The following information is part of the event, The event log file is corrupt .

has anyone any ideas has to what this means .

cheers

spike47, Mar 27, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 27, 2021
  4. axe0 Win User

Event Viewer ... possible to delete errors ... is it necessary?

Windows Event Viewer Errors

Hi win10fuser,

Unfortunately with the given information nobody can provide a suggestion close to a possible solution.

We'll need details about the error events, export the custom event view, save it and upload the saved XML file in a zip file.
    On the right side of event viewer click 'Export Custom View'
    Attachment 87903

Thema:

Event Viewer ... possible to delete errors ... is it necessary?

1. Event Viewer ... possible to delete errors ... is it necessary? - Similar Threads - Event Viewer possible

2. Event Viewer Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer Errors: Hi,Since about 3 days I have been getting a number of issues popping up on Event Viewer. It keeps pinging on my speakers and I'm not sure how to diagnose or fix it.Today its been at the worst and was pinging as the laptop was turning on.I've made a copy of the event viewer...
  3. Event Viewer - possible hack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer - possible hack: I'm checking for a possible hack in which my Dropbox was ransacked. On the day of the alleged hack, my Event Viewer shows a log on at four in the morning of that day, and later on that morning at 6:38 when I was using the device I see there was a Key migration operation. I...
  4. Event Viewer - possible hack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Viewer - possible hack: I'm checking for a possible hack in which my Dropbox was ransacked. On the day of the alleged hack, my Event Viewer shows a log on at four in the morning of that day, and later on that morning at 6:38 when I was using the device I see there was a Key migration operation. I...
  5. Is Event Viewer log share possible?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is Event Viewer log share possible?: This has been really bugging me, but I believe I may have accidentally shared a file from Event Viewer. Possibly on my network, or through bluetooth, but I opened Event Viewer and clicked around unknowingly to diagnose a crash I had in an application. I'm not sure if I did or...
  6. event viewer error

event viewer error: Faulting application name: DipAwayMode.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.18362.1049, time stamp: 0xc4675baa Exception code: 0xc0000409 Fault offset: 0x001144c2 Faulting process id: 0x1554 Faulting application...
  7. Event Viewer Errors

Event Viewer Errors: Does anyone have a workable solution for Event error 1000 or event error13? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-errors/79c29b4a-e783-4b8b-b552-c46b3e00e2f9
  8. Error in Event Viewer

Error in Event Viewer: ESENT Event ID 508,510 and 533 warnings in Event Viewer also poor shut down times start up and have nothing running at start up critical errors multi time daily system restore error event id 8193 vss error windows 10 i did a repair install so far so good as far as vvs goes...
  9. Event Viewer Error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer Error: Hi All, I updated Win8.1 to Win10, so Event Viewer will suddenly appear two windows every 10 minutes*Sad*Sad. Please see the attached figure. Would someone help me solve this problem? How can I block it? Thanks. [img] 88395
  10. Event Viewer error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer error: I have 599 errors of this. I have run SFC /Scannow and Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth. It didn't find any errors. I have Googled and searched here and can not find a fix. Is this something to worry about? [img] 47494