Windows 10: Event viewer says unexpected shutdown even though I shut it down through start.

Discus and support Event viewer says unexpected shutdown even though I shut it down through start. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I shut down my computer and when I came back, I got blue screened with a system thread exception not handled. I went in event viewer and it said... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BigBoi7, Jun 9, 2020.

1. BigBoi7 Win User

Event viewer says unexpected shutdown even though I shut it down through start.

So I shut down my computer and when I came back, I got blue screened with a system thread exception not handled. I went in event viewer and it said that the shutdown was unexpected, even though I shut it down by going into the start menu and shutting it down through there. What's going on?

:)

BigBoi7, Jun 9, 2020

2. Unexpected shutdown

dude id suggest you listen to what Solaris has to say, no matter how old the PSU is or any device for that matter they do fail, Also thats a Cheap Generic Powersupply.*Slap :slap:

Advanced troubleshooting for Event ID 41 -

Event Viewer

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/open-event-viewer

by the way right click on Your Computer Icon, go to properties, then click on Advanced System Settings in the Left Margin, Under Start Up and Recovery click Settings then Uncheck the Automatic Restart.

Also Pre-warning- a Machine can just shut down suddenly if its Too Hot, So Clean Your case Too.

eidairaman1, Jun 9, 2020
  3. tomasrs6 Win User
    Unexpected shutdown

Psu is old, temps are ok.

tomasrs6, Jun 9, 2020
  4. rivre Win User

Critical error messages in event viewer after each shutdown

I'm getting a trio of critical error messages in event viewer after each shutdown:

- "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."

- "Windows failed fast startup with error status 0xC00000D4."

- "The previous system shutdown was unexpected."

The PC starts up fine and seems to shut down very fast - within 10-12 seconds, and there seems to be no issues with startup or shutdown. But when I stumbled onto these critical messages in event viewer I got concerned. What could be triggering this? How do I troubleshoot this? They are logged in event viewer after each shutdown/reboot.

rivre, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Event viewer says unexpected shutdown even though I shut it down through start. - Similar Threads - Event viewer says

2. Shut down Unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shut down Unexpectedly: Computer has been freezing and then shutting down randomly not sure what is causing it Problem signatureProblem Event Name: BlueScreenCode: 133Parameter 1: 1Parameter 2: 1e00Parameter 3: fffff802420fb320Parameter 4: 0OS version: 10_0_19045Service Pack: 0_0Product: 256_1OS...
  3. I recently had my computer shut down on me unexpectedly, Event viewer shows a bugcheck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I recently had my computer shut down on me unexpectedly, Event viewer shows a bugcheck: I was just playing a game on my PC when it just shut down on me. Upon reboot I see that a bugcheck is reported.I was hoping for some assistance in debugging itLink is to the sysinfo and the...
  4. I recently had my computer shut down on me unexpectedly, Event viewer shows a bugcheck

I recently had my computer shut down on me unexpectedly, Event viewer shows a bugcheck: I was just playing a game on my PC when it just shut down on me. Upon reboot I see that a bugcheck is reported.I was hoping for some assistance in debugging itLink is to the sysinfo and the...
  5. Unexpected shut down

Unexpected shut down: Hey all, I've been getting unexpected shutdowns 2 days in a row now. I'm not sure what's causing it and The event viewer didn't help me too much. This is the log below. ANy assistance would be severely appreciated.- <Event...
  6. Shut down unexpectedly.

Shut down unexpectedly.: Please help.I don't know when was the first time this problem occur but here it is. The previous system shutdown at 11:22:44 PM on ‎30/‎3/‎2022 was unexpected.The previous system shutdown at 1:15:00 AM on ‎3/‎4/‎2022 was unexpected.The previous system shutdown at 2:17:00 AM...
  7. Unexpected shutdown and event viewer doesn’t show anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unexpected shutdown and event viewer doesn’t show anything: Hi so I have this issue. I left my laptop on for the entire night downloading some steam games, when I woke up the laptop was off. It wasn’t shut down and I assumed it was on sleep. I checked the event viewer and nothing was popping up, I also checked the reliability history...
  8. Event Viewer Shutting Down Problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Event Viewer Shutting Down Problem: I'm having a problem with Event Viewer. When I open it and start to examine or clear some logs, the Event Viewer suddenly shuts down on its own. Does anyone have a solution?...
  9. Event Viewer shuts down on its own unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Event Viewer shuts down on its own unexpectedly: I frequently have a problem with the Event Viewer. After opening it and viewing one of the log files (typically Windows Logs>Application), the Event Viewer will suddenly just close on its own. Any ideas how to fix this?...
  10. Event Viewer Closes Unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Viewer Closes Unexpectedly: I'm having a problem with the Windows Event Viewer application. A few seconds after I open it and try to start using it to view errors, it suddenly closes for no apparent reason. Has anyone else seen this? Is there a known fix? By the way, in the Windows Topics dropdown...