Windows 10: Event Viewer - Security: "Special Login?"

Discus and support Event Viewer - Security: "Special Login?" in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi Guys, I'm a newbie at posting so please be gentle *Smile What's the deal with these "special logins" in the Security Report within Win10 Event... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ATLFrank, Jun 22, 2019.

1. ATLFrank Win User

Event Viewer - Security: "Special Login?"

Hi Guys,
    I'm a newbie at posting so please be gentle *Smile

What's the deal with these "special logins" in the Security Report within Win10 Event Viewer?
    Here's a screenshot.:

Event Viewer - Security: "Special Login?" [​IMG]

The entries are frequent and every minute or so. What's going on?
    THank you in advance.
    Regards,
    Frank

:)

ATLFrank, Jun 22, 2019
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Events 4672 & 4624 Win 10 Freezes - special LOGON ?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you on a domain network?
    2. May I know the make and the model number of your system?

The event logs you have provided seems to be the security logs that is generated when you login to your system. For more information on the event that was generated, you can check
    4672(S): Special privileges assigned to new logon.

The Windows error logs will be located at Event Viewer > Windows Logs > System.

Please follow the step below and check if it works for you.

Step: Improve Windows 10 Performance.

Try some of the following suggestions to help
    make your Windows 10 PC run better
    . The steps are listed in order, so start with the first one, see if that fixes the problem, and then continue to the next one if it doesn’t.

Note: The last step on the article contains Windows Reset, I suggest you not to perform Windows reset, as there is a change your data and applications will be wiped and also
    the OS will reverted back to previous version you upgraded from.

If the issue still persists, please reply to this post with more information so that we can identify the root cause of this issue and assist you further.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jun 22, 2019
  3. SPECIAL LOGON in Event Log

Hi Emeline,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

• When you say special logon, what are you referring to?
    • What do you mean by private browser window?

Refer the link below for more information about event logs or viewer:

Event
    viewer-- What is going on in your computer

Please get back to us with the required information to assist you further.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 22, 2019
  4. Event Viewer - Security: "Special Login?"

Event viewer error with event id 10016

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

I understand that you are getting an error “DistributedCOM 10016” in the event viewer logs.

• Do you face any issues on the computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to the computer?
    This problem may occur if either of the following conditions is true:

• A program with the class ID (CLSID) that appears in the message tries to start the COM component by using the DCOM infrastructure. However, the user does not have the required permissions to start the COM component.

• The Network Service account does not have the correct permissions.

Event logs are special files that record significant events on your computer, such as when a user logs on to the computer or when a program encounters an error. Whenever these types of events occur, Windows records the event in
    an event log that you can read by using Event Viewer. Advanced users might find the details in event logs helpful when troubleshooting problems with Windows and other programs.

If you do not have any issues with app or any other program I would suggest you to ignore it.

Keep us posted if you face any issues related to Windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Event Viewer - Security: "Special Login?"

1. Event Viewer - Security: "Special Login?" - Similar Threads - Event Viewer Security

2. How do I stop Event Viewer error: 5379 and Special Login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop Event Viewer error: 5379 and Special Login: How do I stop Event Viewer error: 5379 and Special Login?They continue to appear in event viewer. This tends to happen when the unit is put to sleep. I found these errors in the system log on the event viewer, again from after I put it to sleep. They all show similar...
  3. How do I stop Event Viewer error: 5379 and Special Login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop Event Viewer error: 5379 and Special Login: How do I stop Event Viewer error: 5379 and Special Login?They continue to appear in event viewer. This tends to happen when the unit is put to sleep. I found these errors in the system log on the event viewer, again from after I put it to sleep. They all show similar...
  4. event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event viewer: **************THE HELL DOES THIS MEAN? THXLog Name: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 11/26/2021 11:22:13 PM Event ID: 400 Task Category: None Level: Information Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: Ashhhhh Description: Device...
  5. thousands of security logs in event viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    thousands of security logs in event viewer: I went to the Event Viewer to check why my system shut down and won't turn on for a few minutes after the shut down. Then I noticed that under "Windows Logs" >"Security", I have more than 10,000 "Audit Success" logs. more than 10 per second. Is this normal? EventID are...
  6. Chrome browser security issue in the event viewer

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome browser security issue in the event viewer: I have HP desktop with WIN 10 installed on it. I monitor Eevent viewer from to time and have noticed that a log occurred each 2 to 3 days informing me that an issue with Google Chrome. Is this related to failed login in Gmail or other website on that web browser. An...
  7. event viewer- Application--SECURITY WARNING--

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    event viewer- Application--SECURITY WARNING--: Is this something I should be concerned with? "--SECURITY WARNING-- Unable to deserialize super secret file hashes. Will assume evil is afoot - all Validate0 calls will return DOESNT_MATCH at HP .ActiveHealth.Commons.Security.HashStore.LoadHashesFromFile0 log name:...
  8. event viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    event viewer: code defenitions https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer/32a8bf89-f0e7-42b2-91f6-a2a60da0a8e1
  9. event viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    event viewer: I see many errors in event viewer but do not know what they mean. I was going to show one but thought it may compromise my security. Sorry about the post lacking information; are these errors dangerous for the most part or are they harmless. I am not going to poke around here...
  10. Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer: Is there any way to clear the items listed in 'administrative events' in event viewer? TIA, Richard 98433

Users found this page by searching for:

1. event log Permissions windows 7

2. event viewer secturity special logon

3. windows event viewer special logon