Windows 10: Event Viewer Service causing Shutdown/Restart slowdown.

Discus and support Event Viewer Service causing Shutdown/Restart slowdown. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So, I'm having a really weird issue. I have a pc with a win10 Pro. It was upgraded from Windows 8. Still in windows 8 the shutdown and the restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ActuallyTrying, Jul 31, 2017.

1. Event Viewer Service causing Shutdown/Restart slowdown.

So, I'm having a really weird issue.

I have a pc with a win10 Pro.
    It was upgraded from Windows 8. Still in windows 8 the shutdown and the restart took like 10 minutes each time.
    Upgraded to 10 expecting this not to happen.. It still does..

After alot of search, I started disabling Windows services a few blocks at a time, and after that 1 at a time.

My conclusion is that when the event viewer service is online, the computer takes forever to shutdown or reboot..
    If I disable the service, the computers shutdown and restart are done in a matter of seconds..
    I've tested this.

Sooo.. I'm lost here.. Tried sfc /scannow to see if that would fix something, but nothing was detected..

:)

ActuallyTrying, Jul 31, 2017

2. Fix and old bug: "Sync Host_Session1" service on shutdown

I used it and a Microsoft tech used the system file checker! no bad files! error 7031 still persists in event viewer! user data session terminated unexpectedly will restart the service! even after upgrading to the new build only now instead of session
    1 its _98ebf service! you don't have to shutdown to cause this error just sign out and sign in again! then you'll see it in event viewer! running the file checker does nothing ?

richardlcarson, Jul 31, 2017
  3. event id: 1073 - windows 10 was prevented by an App to restart

Hi, each time I must force to restart/shutdown my PC.

An app is preventing it to restart/shutdown.

Event viewer gives me this - event id: 1073.

BravoCharlie789, Jul 31, 2017
  4. Event Viewer Service causing Shutdown/Restart slowdown.

You can force it to shutdown. 1000 = 1 second.
    Code: reg add "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v "AutoEndTasks" /t REG_SZ /d "1" /f reg add "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v "HungAppTimeout" /t REG_SZ /d "5000" /f reg add "HKCU\Control Panel\Desktop" /v "WaitToKillAppTimeout" /t REG_SZ /d "5000" /f reg add "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Control" /v "WaitToKillServiceTimeout" /t REG_SZ /d "5000" /f[/quote]

TairikuOkami, Jul 31, 2017
  5. [/quote] Ty for your time..

Your solution worked on the 1st reboot.. 2nd one took 10 minutes again..

6. Check Administrative events in Event Viewer, what is blocking shutdown command.

TairikuOkami, Jul 31, 2017
  7. I can't find anything.

In the App reports tho there are critical errors regarding intel rapid storage technology.

8. Event Viewer Service causing Shutdown/Restart slowdown.

Ok, so I recloned the windows 8 HDD, reupgraded to Win 10, and the PC now shutsdown and restart at a normal speed..

I guess something must've been corrupted or something while installing Win 10 the 1st time.

ActuallyTrying, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Event Viewer Service causing Shutdown/Restart slowdown.

1. Event Viewer Service causing Shutdown/Restart slowdown. - Similar Threads - Event Viewer Service

2. Event Viewer stopped working and won't let me restart the service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer stopped working and won't let me restart the service: Tried to start Event Log sevice from a command prompt in Windows 10 and got 'GetLastError' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Event Viewer was running just fine until about a week ago. I'm trying to troubleshoot Windows...
  3. Event Viewer stopped working and won't let me restart the service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Viewer stopped working and won't let me restart the service: Tried to start Event Log sevice from a command prompt in Windows 10 and got 'GetLastError' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Event Viewer was running just fine until about a week ago. I'm trying to troubleshoot Windows...
  4. Event Viewer stopped working and won't let me restart the service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows Event Log Service Restart/Shutdown logs

Windows Event Log Service Restart/Shutdown logs: Hi, I had a question regarding the logistics of Windows Event Log. I'm trying to build a service that depends on time, and am trying to use Windows Event Log's timestamps for specific events, mainly power-related events such as Restart/Shutdown/Dirty Shutdown and Time...
  6. Event Viewer -- Unhandled Exceptions During Soft Shutdown

Event Viewer -- Unhandled Exceptions During Soft Shutdown: I intermittently have been getting errors about unhandled exceptions for one or more specific areas in memory, when I shut down my computer. It does not happen all the time, but enough to make me want to review the errors I've gotten in the Event Viewer application. Does...
  7. Event Viewer service is not working

Event Viewer service is not working: Hello a few days ago, maybe a week, I noticed event viewer logs in MMC were not working. The screen prompted me to check the service was running. I went to services and the service is indeed showing as "stopped" When I attempt to restart the service I receive error message...
  8. Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart

Restart causes shutdown & shutdown causes restart: Event log shows windows update causing a restart: The process C:\Windows\System32\usocoreworker.exe MILESTONE-JB has initiated the restart of computer MILESTONE-JB on behalf of user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM for the following reason: Operating System: Service pack Planned Reason...
  9. Error in Event Viewer NSSM service WMS

Error in Event Viewer NSSM service WMS: Recently I discovered that in the Application section of the windows logs, these error keep showing up every time since i boot up, I've checked that on Google but it seems have no solution for me. Is it viruses or a normal thing? Please help. Thanks. P.S. The imgur link...
  10. Read Shutdown Logs in Event Viewer in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Read Shutdown Logs in Event Viewer in Windows: How to: Read Shutdown Logs in Event Viewer in Windows How to Read Shutdown and Restart Event Logs in Windows You can use restart. The event ID's below will show you these details. Event ID Description 1074 Logged when an app (ex: Windows Update) causes the...