Windows 10: Event Viewer: Service COM error - During steam gameplay Game: Phasmaphobia game kicks me...

Discus and support Event Viewer: Service COM error - During steam gameplay Game: Phasmaphobia game kicks me... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Wuwieeee, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Wuwieeee Win User

Event Viewer: Service COM error - During steam gameplay Game: Phasmaphobia game kicks me...

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">10010</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>2</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2023-01-24T14:46:20.0064517Z" /> <EventRecordID>4996</EventR

:)

Wuwieeee, Jan 24, 2023
  2. SUI
    Sui Win User

Getting nvlddmkm error in event viewer, game crashing

Hi,

I've been getting nvlddmkm errors in event viewer every time I play the game Outlast 2 which was just released. I'm using Lenovo IdeaPad laptop, while not high specs, it can run the game at 60fps at mid-high settings with no problem so I highly doubt that it's not meeting minimum requirements. Gonna keep it point form for easy read.

Symptoms:

• Within 1-10min of gameplay, game would freeze for a few seconds then throw a "Outlast 2 has stopped working" Windows error
    • Few seconds after clicking "close program" in the error, it would throw a "Rendering thread exception - fatal error"
    • After closing that, it would finally throw a Microsoft Visual C++ runtime error "RUNTIME ERROR! R6025 -pure virtual function call"
    • In event viewer, I get about 16 or so error events, "The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer" (screenshot)
    • Also get a warning event in event viewer usually on top of error events, "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered"
    • Only game crashes, windows not affected

Specs:

• Windows 10 64-bit with anniversary update, no creators edition
    • i7-4700MQ
    • 8GB RAM
    • Nvidia GT750M Optimus, latest driver as of this post which is 383.22

Things already tried:

• Absolute minimum graphic settings in-game + windowed mode
    • Disable hibernate/quick start in power options and restart computer
    • Use DDU-safe mode to uninstall everything Nvidia related, then manually download 383.22 and reinstall it, didn't install GeForce Experience or PhysX
    • Use DDU-safe mode to uninstall everything Nvidia related, then manually download 368.81 to roll back, didn't install GeForce Experience or PhysX
    • Power options -> PCI Express -> maximum power settings
    • Power options -> processor power management -> max processor state -> change to 99% instead of 100%
    • sfc scannow in CMD (no errors)
    • DISM checkhealth in CMD (no errors)
    • Adding TDRDelay registry key and set it to 10
    • Whitelist entire game directory in Windows Defender
    • Create new windows user account and launch game from that account
    • Force game to use integrated Intel HD graphics -> this would prevent any crash, but obviously be unplayable at like 5fps. So this means it's something wrong with Nvidia drivers, and not my computer?
    I even chatted with service rep from Nvidia, they're out of ideas too and told me "check with Lenovo", lol.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

3. Microsoft Gaming Services causing freezes in other games with xvd drivers

I also have this issue. Playing Elden Ring, Cyberpunk 2077, or other non-Xbox games I'll frequently encounter "double hitches"--a 1-2 second freeze followed by 1-2 seconds of accelerated gameplay followed by another 1-2 second freeze--that coincide with "Disk n was surprise removed" events in the Event Viewer.

I've spent a lot of time troubleshooting it and found that I can workaround the problem for non-Xbox games (e.g. Steam games) by doing these steps. BUT, this workaround causes Xbox games to become unlaunchable. Do these steps at your own risk.

1. In Device Manager, enable "Show hidden devices".
    2. Find the XVDD SCSI Miniport device under the 'Storage Controllers' group
    3. Disable the XVDD SCSI Miniport device.
    4. Restart the PC.
    To restore Xbox games to working order, you'll need to re-enable the XVDD SCSI Miniport device, which isn't as easy. Follow these steps:

1. In Device Manager, enable "Show hidden devices".
    2. Find the XVDD SCSI Miniport device under the 'Storage Controllers' group. Observe that if you right-click it, there is no "Enable" command listed.
    3. Keeping Device Manager open, start the Microsoft Store application, then try to browse to the XBox app. Observe that a page showing the Xbox app starts to load, but seems to load indefinitely.
    4. Now quickly return to Device Manager and wait for the XVDD SCSI Miniport device's icon to become enabled. When this occurs, right-click it and choose "Enable this device". (Note that enabling the device will not reinstate Xbox game functionality until you restart.)
    5. Restart the PC.

Object01-[xboxvenue], Jan 24, 2023
  4. Event Viewer: Service COM error - During steam gameplay Game: Phasmaphobia game kicks me...

My computer consistently crashes when playing newer Steam games

Hi Garrett,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused with Windows 10.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better.

• Is this issue specific to only games? Does the system crash, when you are working on documents, using other applications, watching videos etc.

• Is the issue confined with Steam games or with any other games as well?

• Are you overclocking the graphics card?

• Did you make any software changes to the computer prior to this issue?

• Is your computer custom built?

Please check the event viewer, which will give us more clarity of this issue.

If this issue is specific to Steam games, I suggest you to contact with the steam support for better assistance:

http://www.steampowered.com/

Hope the information helps, do reply if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Jan 24, 2023
Thema:

Event Viewer: Service COM error - During steam gameplay Game: Phasmaphobia game kicks me...

1. Event Viewer: Service COM error - During steam gameplay Game: Phasmaphobia game kicks me... - Similar Threads - Event Viewer Service

2. Event Viewer: Service COM error - During steam gameplay Game: Phasmaphobia game kicks me...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Viewer: Service COM error - During steam gameplay Game: Phasmaphobia game kicks me...: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">10010</EventID> <Version>0</Version>...
  3. Event Viewer: Service COM error - During steam gameplay Game: Phasmaphobia game kicks me...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Viewer: Service COM error - During steam gameplay Game: Phasmaphobia game kicks me...: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM" Guid="{1B562E86-B7AA-4131-BADC-B6F3A001407E}" EventSourceName="DCOM" /> <EventID Qualifiers="0">10010</EventID> <Version>0</Version>...
  4. Game/System Crashes During Gameplay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game/System Crashes During Gameplay: Hey allA week ago I upgraded my GPU and RAM, as I'd started using my PC for gaming more. However I've been experiencing new crashes that I hadn't before. So far the two big problems are Cyberpunk 2077 and Watch Dogs. These games crash to desktop after varying amounts of time....
  5. Game/System Crashes During Gameplay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game/System Crashes During Gameplay: Hey allA week ago I upgraded my GPU and RAM, as I'd started using my PC for gaming more. However I've been experiencing new crashes that I hadn't before. So far the two big problems are Cyberpunk 2077 and Watch Dogs. These games crash to desktop after varying amounts of time....
  6. Game/System Crashes During Gameplay

7. Xbox game bar is not recording gameplay and gives me error.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Xbox game bar is not recording gameplay and gives me error.: Xbox game bar is not recording gameplay and gives me error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-is-not-recording-gameplay-and-gives/de328fd9-7750-4147-b7f1-4bb80992469a
  8. Games keep crashing with this error in event viewer

Games keep crashing with this error in event viewer: So i play alot of games but some of my games keep crashing (not all) on thing noticed is the games that crash are multiplayer games so i checked my event viewer and i got this error after i crashed i just need help fixing it to see if thats the problem Log Name: System...
  9. BSOD and Com errors in Event Viewer when playing a game and watching Netflix at same time

BSOD and Com errors in Event Viewer when playing a game and watching Netflix at same time: Been trying to find out what is causing this BSOD unhandled system thread exception dxgmms2.sys for a long time now and I think I know what is causing it, just don't know how to fix it. So for 5 years I have been seeing the following issue popup in the vent viewer and...
  10. Error in Event viewer, source Distributed COM event id10016

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error in Event viewer, source Distributed COM event id10016: Hi, i looked through event viewer after 2 weeks or so and i found an error from last 7 days happening daily. the error is The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID...