Windows 10: Event Viewer service is not working

Discus and support Event Viewer service is not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello a few days ago, maybe a week, I noticed event viewer logs in MMC were not working. The screen prompted me to check the service was running. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nezzar92, May 25, 2020.

1. nezzar92 Win User

Event Viewer service is not working

Hello a few days ago, maybe a week, I noticed event viewer logs in MMC were not working. The screen prompted me to check the service was running. I went to services and the service is indeed showing as "stopped" When I attempt to restart the service I receive error message that Access is Denied. I am also receiving this error message when I try to look into folders in the file explorer. also i am not very technical so am grateful if any suggestions could be made as simple as possible.

Thanks in advance

:)

nezzar92, May 25, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 25, 2020
  3. Robfly Win User
    mmc could not create the snap-in in event viewer (Windows 10)

I tried the KB but didn't work.

I found this and it fixed my event viewer mmc error

1. Open File Explorer on the device.
    2. Navigate to the following path: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Event Viewer\Views
    3. Backup the content of the folder. The next step deletes the custom views and you may want the backup to restore the views when Microsoft fixes the issues.
    4. Delete all View_X.xml files in the folder (it starts with View_0.xml and increments the number by 1 for each file).
    5. Start the Event Viewer after deleting the files.
    rob

Robfly, May 25, 2020
  4. Event Viewer service is not working

WLAN Autoconfig service keeps stopping

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

I suggest you to try following methods and check:

Download the latest drivers for the adapter from the manufacturer’s website and install it on the system.

Check Event Viewer as soon as the WLAN connection is stopped in order to know which application is causing this issue. Follow the steps mentioned in the article given below to open Event viewer.

Open Event Viewer

• Right-click or tap and hold the Start icon. Choose Event Viewer.

The Event Viewer appears.

• On the left, choose Event Viewer, Custom Views, Administrative Events.

It may take a while, but eventually you see a list of notable events like the one shown.
    Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anusha

Anusha Verma, May 25, 2020
Thema:

Event Viewer service is not working

1. Event Viewer service is not working - Similar Threads - Event Viewer service

2. Event viewer Applications and Services Logs Empty!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event viewer Applications and Services Logs Empty!: HiWhen I checked the Event viewer today All the applications and services logs are empty apart from windows power shell.I needed to look at Hardware events in particular.I ran through this I found...
  3. Event viewer Applications and Services Logs Empty!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event viewer Applications and Services Logs Empty!: HiWhen I checked the Event viewer today All the applications and services logs are empty apart from windows power shell.I needed to look at Hardware events in particular.I ran through this I found...
  4. Event viewer Applications and Services Logs Empty!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Event Viewer stopped working and won't let me restart the service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer stopped working and won't let me restart the service: Tried to start Event Log sevice from a command prompt in Windows 10 and got 'GetLastError' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Event Viewer was running just fine until about a week ago. I'm trying to troubleshoot Windows...
  6. Event Viewer stopped working and won't let me restart the service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Viewer stopped working and won't let me restart the service: Tried to start Event Log sevice from a command prompt in Windows 10 and got 'GetLastError' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. Event Viewer was running just fine until about a week ago. I'm trying to troubleshoot Windows...
  7. Event Viewer stopped working and won't let me restart the service

8. Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated in Event Viewer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated in Event Viewer: Hello, I have problem with Windows Defender on Windows 10 Home 20H2 version with all updates installed. I'm still getting this error in Event Viewer: The Windows Defender Antivirus Service service terminated with the following error: General access denied error Event 7023...
  9. Error in Event Viewer NSSM service WMS

Error in Event Viewer NSSM service WMS: Recently I discovered that in the Application section of the windows logs, these error keep showing up every time since i boot up, I've checked that on Google but it seems have no solution for me. Is it viruses or a normal thing? Please help. Thanks. P.S. The imgur link...
  10. Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer: Is there any way to clear the items listed in 'administrative events' in event viewer? TIA, Richard 98433