Windows 10: Event viewer shows 0 events for Start / Stop?

Discus and support Event viewer shows 0 events for Start / Stop? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I'm running 1903. For some years I have used a simple program called PC On/Off Time to monitor when my computer has been booted up, put to sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by averageguy, Nov 9, 2019.

1. Event viewer shows 0 events for Start / Stop?

Hi. I'm running 1903.

For some years I have used a simple program called PC On/Off Time to monitor when my computer has been booted up, put to sleep and shut down. It isn't working correctly anymore after recently recovering my computer which installed 1903.

I contacted the developer and inquired whether or not he has noted this issue. He suggested I open the event viewer to see if these events are being logged. I believe I successfully followed the instructions on this page:
    How to See PC Startup And Shutdown History in Windows 10 - Make Tech Easier

When I ordered then scrolled through events I could see events labeled 6005 and 6006 but they were not identified as start or stop events. When I filtered the log for 6005, 6006 specifically, the filter indicated 0 events.

Of note, during the recovery process I did engage the power button when I thought things had stalled out - nothing obvious happened and some time later recovery was completed and haven't noticed any unusual behavior. The only reason I noticed this is because of this light-weight program I like to use, primarily to monitor my personal sleep patterns.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

:)

averageguy, Nov 9, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 9, 2019
  3. spike47 Win User
    Error in event viewer

Hi

I keep geting the following in the Event viewer ,
    The description for Event ID (4) in source ( SuperProServer ) cannot be found . the local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display message from a remote computer . You may be able to use /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description . The following information is part of the event, The event log file is corrupt .

has anyone any ideas has to what this means .

cheers

spike47, Nov 9, 2019
  4. nancy3243 Win User

Event viewer shows 0 events for Start / Stop?

Event Viewer problem with latest Windows Build 1607

After installing the new Windows build 1607, the Event Viewer stopped recording events under Diagnostic Performance. (Before 1607 I checked the files located under Windows.old dated 9/23/2016 and located this file which indeed did have a list of events
    recorded.)

Since the initial 1607 download there have been two new builds automatically installed on my laptop.

The last step in an automatic download is the RESTART. Prior to my rebooting, I checked the Diagnostic Performance and for sure, these had the list of events.

Rebooting by me, causes the Diagnostic Performance errors to disappear.

As suggested earlier I have run the SFC/DISM commands with no errors reported.

Any Ideas?

Nancy

nancy3243, Nov 9, 2019
Thema:

Event viewer shows 0 events for Start / Stop?

1. Event viewer shows 0 events for Start / Stop? - Similar Threads - Event viewer shows

2. PC showing remote connection events in event viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC showing remote connection events in event viewer: I was searching through event viewer and found kernel-power events with reasons for remote connection and boot id 32. What does this mean? does it mean someone is accessing my computer?Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PowerDate: 13/02/2023 4:00:00 PM Event...
  3. PC showing remote connection events in event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC showing remote connection events in event viewer: I was searching through event viewer and found kernel-power events with reasons for remote connection and boot id 32. What does this mean? does it mean someone is accessing my computer?Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PowerDate: 13/02/2023 4:00:00 PM Event...
  4. Event Viewer stopped showing new events

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Viewer stopped showing new events: I go to Event Viewer > Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > Diagnostics-Performance > Operational.But there are no events listed for the past several weeks even though I’ve rebooted many times during that period. I clicked the Refresh button in the right...
  5. Event Viewer stopped showing new events

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer stopped showing new events: I go to Event Viewer > Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > Diagnostics-Performance > Operational.But there are no events listed for the past several weeks even though I’ve rebooted many times during that period. I clicked the Refresh button in the right...
  6. Event Viewer stopped showing new events

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Multiple edgeupdates and edgeupdatems event 0 posting in Event Viewer.

in Browsers and Email
    Multiple edgeupdates and edgeupdatems event 0 posting in Event Viewer.: Hello, Since I have installed the new MS Edge Chromium on my HP Omen Obelisk w/ Win10 64bit Version 1909 I have noticed that my Windows Logs/Applications in Event Viewer is getting multiple Information posts of Event 0 about edgeupdate and edgeupdatem. I get them maybe every...
  8. Multiple edgeupdates and edgeupdatems event 0 posting in Event Viewer.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Multiple edgeupdates and edgeupdatems event 0 posting in Event Viewer.: Hello, Since I have installed the new MS Edge Chromium on my HP Omen Obelisk w/ Win10 64bit I have noticed that my Windows Logs/Applications in Event Viewer is getting multiple Information posts of Event 0 about edgeupdate and edgeupdatem. I get them maybe every 15 to 30...
  9. Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer: Is there any way to clear the items listed in 'administrative events' in event viewer? TIA, Richard 98433
  10. Event Viewer keeps showing Event ID 10010

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Event Viewer keeps showing Event ID 10010: Hi Guys/Girls I keep getting this error every 30 minutes anybody managed to solve this ? Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM Date: 30/10/2016 11:54:11 Event ID: 10010 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: DALE-PC1\Dale...