Windows 10: Event Viewer shows a successful Log On and Log Off that was not me

Discus and support Event Viewer shows a successful Log On and Log Off that was not me in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; The Event Viewer shows a successful Log On at my Office at 11:58PM Wednesday and a Log Off at 1:30AM Thursday. I was home in bed sleeping. I work alone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by RicMo119, Sep 27, 2019.

1. RicMo119 Win User

Event Viewer shows a successful Log On and Log Off that was not me

The Event Viewer shows a successful Log On at my Office at 11:58PM Wednesday and a Log Off at 1:30AM Thursday. I was home in bed sleeping. I work alone and I don't have a secretary.

I left the Office early Wednesday because I was ill. I left the PC on, because I was hoping to return, which I did not. The PC is set to turn off the Display after 10 minutes and put the PC to Sleep after 2 hours. I locked my Office door when I left, and only myself and my wife have a key. The door was locked Thursday morning when I arrived. My Landlord said the were no entry's into the building after 6:30PM Wednesday. The next entry to the building was at 6:30AM Thursday.

This is a mystery to me. If someone has a suggestion or an answer, it would be appreciated.

My system is an HP AIO running Windows 10 Home 64 Bit, and all Updates are current.

I ran several Security Scans, they all come back clean.

Thank you.

:)

RicMo119, Sep 27, 2019
  2. Ratandeep Win User

"Errors" that show on the Event Viewer under Windows Logs

Hello Jamie,

Thank you for posting your question on Microsoft community.

I appreciate you for providing details about your query.

Event logs are special files that record significant events on your computer, such as when a user logs on to the computer or when a program encounters an error. Whenever these types of events occur, Windows records the event in an event log that you can
    read by using Event Viewer. Advanced users might find the details in event logs helpful when troubleshooting problems with Windows and other programs.

Event Viewer tracks information in several different logs. Windows Logs include:

- Application (program) events. Events are classified as error, warning, or information, depending on the severity of the event. An error is a significant problem, such as loss of data. A warning is an event that isn't necessarily significant,
    but might indicate a possible future problem. An information event describes the successful operation of a program, driver, or service.

- Security-related events. These events are called audits and are described as successful or failed depending on the event, such as whether a user trying to log on to Windows was successful.

- Setup events. Computers that are configured as domain controllers will have additional logs displayed here.

- System events. System events are logged by Windows and Windows system services, and are classified as error,

warning, or information.

- Forwarded events. These events are forwarded to this log by other computers.

Applications and Services Logs vary. They include separate logs about the programs that run on your computer, as well as more detailed logs that pertain to specific Windows services.

I hope this information helps.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thank you

Ratandeep, Sep 27, 2019
  3. JMarkH Win User
    No log file locations in Event Viewer

I opened Win 10's Event Viewer (first as myself, second as Administrator) and tried to create a Custom View.

I chose reporting By Log, but when I clicked on the drop-down menu for log locations, none were listed.

What gives?

JMarkH, Sep 27, 2019
  4. JohnBurns Win User

Clear All Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows  

FWIW CCleaner will clear the Event Viewer Logs - just check the box under Windows>Advanced>Windows Events Logs. run CCleaner and it's that simple. Much faster than most ,bat files I've tried. Just a suggestion.

JohnBurns, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Event Viewer shows a successful Log On and Log Off that was not me - Similar Threads - Event Viewer shows

2. Disabled Event Viewer Log Keeps Logging Events Anyway??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabled Event Viewer Log Keeps Logging Events Anyway??: I don't know what to do. I enabled 'Winsock Network Events' in Event Viewer to see what kind of events are logged and even when I explicitly disable the log, it keeps filling with events whenever I clear itI've tried to clear the log before Disabling, tried clearing it after...
  3. Disabled Event Viewer Log Keeps Logging Events Anyway??

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disabled Event Viewer Log Keeps Logging Events Anyway??: I don't know what to do. I enabled 'Winsock Network Events' in Event Viewer to see what kind of events are logged and even when I explicitly disable the log, it keeps filling with events whenever I clear itI've tried to clear the log before Disabling, tried clearing it after...
  4. Event Viewer Audio logs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Event Viewer Audio logs: Hello,I have been trying to look for audio logs which can show me when the device PC/Laptop was muted, and when the volume status was changed. In Event Viewer, both Windows>System and Application and Services Logs>Microsoft>Windows>Audio none are visible for the mute...
  5. Event Viewer Log Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Event Viewer Log Files: I've noticed my disk space is running low and I've found Event Viewer log files are taking up 25GB. The log file size limit is set to the default of 20480 KB and set to overwrite.I'm sure they shouldn't be taking this much space up.Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing.Does...
  6. Event Viewer Log Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer Log Files: I've noticed my disk space is running low and I've found Event Viewer log files are taking up 25GB. The log file size limit is set to the default of 20480 KB and set to overwrite.I'm sure they shouldn't be taking this much space up.Here's a screenshot of what I'm seeing.Does...
  7. Event Viewer Log Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Troubling event viewer log

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Troubling event viewer log: I seem to be having issues with the WMI services. While checking event viewer I noticed a DistributedCOM error occurring over 1800 times per hour. Not sure if its related but does anyone know about the error below? Unable to start a DCOM Server:...
  9. Event Viewer Log.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Event Viewer Log.: Need to create an event viewer log that tracks USB connects and disconnects. I have all my USB devices disconnecting and reconnecting. I need to identify if it's possibly my UPS (usb connected to PC), because it showed I had a battery discharge when i first installed my...
  10. Event Viewer Logs

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer Logs: I’m currently on Win10 Pro x64, version 1709, Build 16299.371. Searching in my Event Viewer, I noticed some logs under the “Applications and Services Logs” folder, which I don’t recall having previously (pointed with red arrow, in the image) and are all inactive! Can...