Windows 10: Event Viewer shows repetitive problem with explorer.exe

Discus and support Event Viewer shows repetitive problem with explorer.exe in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Can anyone help me solve this problem: 71709 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nisko, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Nisko Win User

Event Viewer shows repetitive problem with explorer.exe

Can anyone help me solve this problem:

:)

Nisko, Dec 6, 2016
  2. auggy Win User

I've updated to Windows 10 recently and I keep getting IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD's. I can't find any hardware that's in conflict

The Event Viewer showed repetitive errors involving the "Intel Extreme Tuning Utility Service".

Can you uninstall Intel Extreme Tuning Utility and see if it makes a difference.

auggy, Dec 6, 2016
  3. windows 10 desktop goes blank periodically from explorer crash

What about Reliability Monitor? Have you had look in there for crashes involving explorer.exe?

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Dec 6, 2016
  4. pyramid10 Win User

Maybe the Details tab may offer more data.

I suspect two possibilities: 3rd party software and/or OS settings.

A System Restore to a time before the first of these entries may solve the immediate problem. But you'll have to rack your brain and remember what change(s) took place then.

pyramid10, Dec 6, 2016
  5. Nisko Win User
    Thanks. However, as you point out, it can't be done (by me). Too much time has passed with this error. Any other suggestions? How about a Repair Install?

Nisko, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Event Viewer shows repetitive problem with explorer.exe - Similar Threads - Event Viewer shows

2. Event Viewer Problems...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event Viewer Problems...: I just went into my Event Viewer and noticed a slew of problems that has been happening for a while now. The main issue I've seen is "Distributed COM" errors/warnings. Heres the details as copied from my Event Viewer...
  3. Event Viewer Problems...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Viewer Problems...: I just went into my Event Viewer and noticed a slew of problems that has been happening for a while now. The main issue I've seen is "Distributed COM" errors/warnings. Heres the details as copied from my Event Viewer...
  4. Event Viewer Problems...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Event Viewer stopped showing new events

Event Viewer stopped showing new events: I go to Event Viewer > Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > Diagnostics-Performance > Operational.But there are no events listed for the past several weeks even though I’ve rebooted many times during that period. I clicked the Refresh button in the right...
  6. Event Viewer stopped showing new events

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer stopped showing new events: I go to Event Viewer > Applications and Services Logs > Microsoft > Windows > Diagnostics-Performance > Operational.But there are no events listed for the past several weeks even though I’ve rebooted many times during that period. I clicked the Refresh button in the right...
  7. Event Viewer stopped showing new events

8. Event viewer problem

Event viewer problem: I ran into a problem yesterday in event veawer if anyone could help me to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-problem/8ef3a589-909e-4f1f-a0a5-f49fba67c91e
  9. Event viewer problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event viewer problem: I ran into a problem yesterday in event veawer if anyone could help me to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-viewer-problem/8ef3a589-909e-4f1f-a0a5-f49fba67c91e
  10. Event viewer problem

Tags: