Windows 10: Event Viewer Spam Causing PC Stutter - Events 5379, 4624, 4672 -- Security Audits

Discus and support Event Viewer Spam Causing PC Stutter - Events 5379, 4624, 4672 -- Security Audits in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi, Since getting my new PC, I have experienced these instances of noticeable stutter when browsing, gaming, or simply being on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bbacks26, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Event Viewer Spam Causing PC Stutter - Events 5379, 4624, 4672 -- Security Audits

Event Viewer Spam Causing PC Stutter - Events 5379, 4624, 4672 -- Security Audits 0Cx5oAkFcm04LTFMqCx-QUEUyzTw99BgM_F4_YFxw8o.jpg

Hi,

Since getting my new PC, I have experienced these instances of noticeable stutter when browsing, gaming, or simply being on the desktop. The best way to describe it is as a very brief but noticeable micro-stutter/micro-freeze, the screen does not flash and audio does not cut out. It lasts for about half a second, but it is very noticeable and annoying, especially when playing games. After spending hours troubleshooting, I have ended up finding the cause. These stutters happen at the exact same logs are generated in the Event Viewer application. These logs are listed under the "Audit Success" column and I currently have about 5000 of these logs just in the last 24 hours. Out of these logs, there are 3 particular Event ID logs that correlate with my stuttering: Event ID: 4624, 4672, and 5379. The 4624 and 4672 occur more frequently than the 5379 and the stutter resulting from them is less severe. The 5379 event however, results in the worst stuttering. This is probably because the 5379 event is logged about 300 times during instances of stutter. Event Viewer shows event 5379 being logged around 300 times at the exact same time interval (For example 300 entries all at 1:00:00PM or 2:37:51PM etc etc).

The events themselves have different descriptions for why they're occurring:

Event 4624:

An account was successfully logged on.

Subject:

Security ID: SYSTEM

Account Name: DESKTOP-N2CELSJ$

Account Domain: WORKGROUP

Logon ID: 0x3E7

Logon Information:

Logon Type: 5

Restricted Admin Mode: -

Virtual Account: No

Elevated Token: Yes

Impersonation Level: Impersonation

New Logon:

Account Name: SYSTEM

Account Domain: NT AUTHORITY

Linked Logon ID: 0x0

Network Account Name: -

Network Account Domain: -

Logon GUID: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

Process Information:

Process ID: 0x358

Process Name: C:\Windows\System32\services.exe

Network Information:

Workstation Name: -

Source Network Address: -

Source Port: -

Detailed Authentication Information:

Logon Process: Advapi

Authentication Package: Negotiate

Transited Services: -

Package Name (NTLM only): -

Key Length: 0

This event is generated when a logon session is created. It is generated on the computer that was accessed.

The subject fields indicate the account on the local system which requested the logon. This is most commonly a service such as the Server service, or a local process such as Winlogon.exe or Services.exe.

The logon type field indicates the kind of logon that occurred. The most common types are 2 (interactive) and 3 (network).

The New Logon fields indicate the account for whom the new logon was created, i.e. the account that was logged on.

The network fields indicate where a remote logon request originated. Workstation name is not always available and may be left blank in some cases.

The impersonation level field indicates the extent to which a process in the logon session can impersonate.

The authentication information fields provide detailed information about this specific logon request.

- Logon GUID is a unique identifier that can be used to correlate this event with a KDC event.

- Transited services indicate which intermediate services have participated in this logon request.

- Package name indicates which sub-protocol was used among the NTLM protocols.

- Key length indicates the length of the generated session key. This will be 0 if no session key was requested.

Event 4672:

Special privileges assigned to new logon.

Subject:

Account Name: SYSTEM

Account Domain: NT AUTHORITY

Privileges: SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege

SeTcbPrivilege

SeSecurityPrivilege

SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege

SeLoadDriverPrivilege

SeBackupPrivilege

SeRestorePrivilege

SeDebugPrivilege

SeAuditPrivilege

SeSystemEnvironmentPrivilege

SeImpersonatePrivilege

SeDelegateSessionUserImpersonatePrivilege

Event 5379:

Credential Manager credentials were read.

Subject:

Security ID: DESKTOP-N2CELSJ\bback

Account Name: bback

Account Domain: DESKTOP-N2CELSJ

Logon ID: 0x85277

Read Operation: Enumerate Credentials

This event occurs when a user performs a read operation on stored credentials in Credential Manager.

Screenshots:

https://preview.redd.it/7bgmmof6vmj...bp&s=f0a7c53453dd14692553a33156ae0670f2674512

I'm really at a loss of how to fix this. If anyone has any suggestions or has experienced this before please tell me how I should go about solving this. Thank you.

submitted by /u/bbacks26
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bbacks26, Aug 27, 2020

2. Event 4672 & 4624 & 5379 PC Freezing

I have had this for a while now but it seems to have gotten worse recently. My PC has been freezing (1-4 seconds every hour or so) and the only thing that I can tie in is these Events happening at the same time as the freeze all the time.

Events 4672 (Special privileges assigned to new logon) and 4624 (An account was successfully logged on) happen together 3 times and Event 5379 (Credential Manager credentials were read) happens 9 times and i'm positive this is what is causing this.

Anyone have any thoughts as to why this causes a lockup?

Ryan Olrod, Aug 27, 2020
  3. Amit_Sun Win User
    Events 4672 & 4624 Win 10 Freezes - special LOGON ?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you on a domain network?
    2. May I know the make and the model number of your system?

The event logs you have provided seems to be the security logs that is generated when you login to your system. For more information on the event that was generated, you can check
    4672(S): Special privileges assigned to new logon.

The Windows error logs will be located at Event Viewer > Windows Logs > System.

Please follow the step below and check if it works for you.

Step: Improve Windows 10 Performance.

Try some of the following suggestions to help
    make your Windows 10 PC run better
    . The steps are listed in order, so start with the first one, see if that fixes the problem, and then continue to the next one if it doesn’t.

Note: The last step on the article contains Windows Reset, I suggest you not to perform Windows reset, as there is a change your data and applications will be wiped and also
    the OS will reverted back to previous version you upgraded from.

If the issue still persists, please reply to this post with more information so that we can identify the root cause of this issue and assist you further.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Aug 27, 2020
  4. Event Viewer Spam Causing PC Stutter - Events 5379, 4624, 4672 -- Security Audits

Microsoft Windows Security Auditing Event 4624 Followed By Event 4672 Crashes Games

I have recently been having an issue where I'll be playing Rainbow Six Seige and the game will close at random. When the game closes (when I'm in the middle of playing it) there is no crash report and no report in the Application section of Event Viewer.
    But, when I go to the Security section of Event Viewer there is Event 4624 and 4672 followed by about 80 renditions of Event 5379. This has only been happening since the first Win 10 Update of ver 1903 up to now. I have looked everywhere for an answer and
    nothing has helped me. I understand this event pops up when an application tries to access sensitive information but why does my game crash?!

I am certain this issue isn't hardware related as there are no signs of a bad component. If it is any help here is a list of my hardware.

Motherboard: Gigabyte X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Rev. 1.1 running BIOS ver F31 (The issue happened on older bios version too.)

Cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 2700x running stock

Ram: 2 x 8gb G.skill trident z RGB 3600 Mhz, AMD Optimized (currently clocked @ 3466 Mhz)

Gpu: I used to have an XFX RX 580 GTS XXX but recently got an EVGA FTW3 RTX 2070 Super (Note: the issue has happened on both Graphics Cards)

Psu: Corsair cx750M

Storage: Samsung 970 EVO M.2 Nvme SSD 250gb and Samsung 860 EVO 1tb SSD

Note: All hardware runs fine and at very low temps. Cpu about 50C at average and Gpu at 58C Average. This is on Rainbow 6 @ 1440p 60Hz with Ultra settings. (I am saying this as there have been people who had the game crash and it was due to Gpu throttling
    and/or not enough power being provided. I do not have either of these issues.)

Any help on this issue would be very appreciated as I have been dealing with it for months and am sick of it.

ChromaticBattle, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

Event Viewer Spam Causing PC Stutter - Events 5379, 4624, 4672 -- Security Audits

1. Event Viewer Spam Causing PC Stutter - Events 5379, 4624, 4672 -- Security Audits - Similar Threads - Event Viewer Spam

2. Security Auditing ID: 4624/4672 Special Logon and Logon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Security Auditing ID: 4624/4672 Special Logon and Logon: Hello, Im constantly getting this audit success every 5-10 minutes. I need help on what this is, and how can I fix it, because it freezes my computer like hardlock and goes back to normal. Here is both events Views. First is Special Logon and Second is LogonSPECIAL...
  3. Security Auditing ID: 4624/4672 Special Logon and Logon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Security Auditing ID: 4624/4672 Special Logon and Logon: Hello, Im constantly getting this audit success every 5-10 minutes. I need help on what this is, and how can I fix it, because it freezes my computer like hardlock and goes back to normal. Here is both events Views. First is Special Logon and Second is LogonSPECIAL...
  4. Multiple Event ID 4624 in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple Event ID 4624 in Event Viewer: Hi guys. Lets say I went out and left my laptop at home. When I come back I notice many "Audit Success" logs with ID 4624 in the Event Viewer during the time I was out. Is this something I should be concerned about and that someone has been trying to access my laptop? Thanks!...
  5. Continuous freezing - event viewer showing floods of 5379 as well as periodic 4672, 4624, 4798

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Continuous freezing - event viewer showing floods of 5379 as well as periodic 4672, 4624, 4798: Processor: IntelR CoreTM i3-2350M CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30 GHz 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor RAM: 8.00 GB Edition: Windows 10 Home Version: 20H2 OS Build: 19042.662 Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 My 2012 HP G6-series laptop has...
  6. Event Viewer Spam Causing PC Stutter - Events 5379, 4624, 4672 -- Security Audits

Event Viewer Spam Causing PC Stutter - Events 5379, 4624, 4672 -- Security Audits: Hi, Since getting my new PC, I have experienced these instances of noticeable stutter when browsing, gaming, or simply being on the desktop. The best way to describe it is as a very brief but noticeable micro-stutter/micro-freeze, the screen does not flash and audio does...
  7. Event properties event 4672 microsoft windows security auditing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Event properties event 4672 microsoft windows security auditing: yesterday it looks as if an event occurred, It was for Special privileges assigned to new logon. Subject: Security ID system account name: system account domain: NT Authority logon ID: 0x3E7 Privileges:...
  8. Microsoft Windows Security Auditing Event 4624 Followed By Event 4672 Crashes Games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Windows Security Auditing Event 4624 Followed By Event 4672 Crashes Games: I have recently been having an issue where I'll be playing Rainbow Six Seige and the game will close at random. When the game closes (when I'm in the middle of playing it) there is no crash report and no report in the Application section of Event Viewer. But, when I go to the...
  9. Event 4672 & 4624 & 5379 PC Freezing

Event 4672 & 4624 & 5379 PC Freezing: I have had this for a while now but it seems to have gotten worse recently. My PC has been freezing (1-4 seconds every hour or so) and the only thing that I can tie in is these Events happening at the same time as the freeze all the time. Events 4672 (Special privileges...
  10. Events 4672 & 4624 Win 10 Freezes - special LOGON ?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Events 4672 & 4624 Win 10 Freezes - special LOGON ?: My window 10 machine continues to freeze for 5-30 seconds intermittently. [ATTACH] I am running with an boot drive on an M2 SSD, which seems to be a common thread of most people having this issue. I have already done the SFC scan, and the reset/validation of all...