Windows 10: Event Viewer - User-mode driver crash

Discus and support Event Viewer - User-mode driver crash in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently, my computer suffers from BSOD rapidly, and what I see on the screen is "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR".I have checked Event Viewer, and Event ID... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kent Cheung, May 1, 2021.

1. Event Viewer - User-mode driver crash

Recently, my computer suffers from BSOD rapidly, and what I see on the screen is "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR".I have checked Event Viewer, and Event ID 41 was found. Log Name: SystemSource: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PowerDate: 1/5/2021 11:29:36Event ID: 41Task Category: 63Level: CriticalKeywords: 70368744177664,2User: SYSTEMComputer: KENT-PCDescription:The system has rebooted

:)

Kent Cheung, May 1, 2021
  2. hexaae Win User

Event Viewer (MCC.exe) crashes 'System.IO.IOException'

I'm afraid this is another Windows 1903 bug (current ver 1836.175) as it is reproducible on every (?) PC.

• run Event Viewer
    • click 'Create Custom View' on the right panel
    • create for example a filter for System, events 6005, 6006, give it a name and save it:
      Event Viewer  - User-mode driver crash [​IMG]
    • then click on the left tree "Custom Views" and an mcc.exe crash will occur *Confused reporting a IO error reading "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Event Viewer\Views\View_0.xml"

P.S.
    To roll-back you can from an admin prompt:
    Code:

hexaae, May 1, 2021
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 1, 2021
  4. SUI
    Sui Win User

Event Viewer - User-mode driver crash

Getting nvlddmkm error in event viewer, game crashing

Hi,

I've been getting nvlddmkm errors in event viewer every time I play the game Outlast 2 which was just released. I'm using Lenovo IdeaPad laptop, while not high specs, it can run the game at 60fps at mid-high settings with no problem so I highly doubt that it's not meeting minimum requirements. Gonna keep it point form for easy read.

Symptoms:

• Within 1-10min of gameplay, game would freeze for a few seconds then throw a "Outlast 2 has stopped working" Windows error
    • Few seconds after clicking "close program" in the error, it would throw a "Rendering thread exception - fatal error"
    • After closing that, it would finally throw a Microsoft Visual C++ runtime error "RUNTIME ERROR! R6025 -pure virtual function call"
    • In event viewer, I get about 16 or so error events, "The description for Event ID 13 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer" (screenshot)
    • Also get a warning event in event viewer usually on top of error events, "Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered"
    • Only game crashes, windows not affected

Specs:

• Windows 10 64-bit with anniversary update, no creators edition
    • i7-4700MQ
    • 8GB RAM
    • Nvidia GT750M Optimus, latest driver as of this post which is 383.22

Things already tried:

• Absolute minimum graphic settings in-game + windowed mode
    • Disable hibernate/quick start in power options and restart computer
    • Use DDU-safe mode to uninstall everything Nvidia related, then manually download 383.22 and reinstall it, didn't install GeForce Experience or PhysX
    • Use DDU-safe mode to uninstall everything Nvidia related, then manually download 368.81 to roll back, didn't install GeForce Experience or PhysX
    • Power options -> PCI Express -> maximum power settings
    • Power options -> processor power management -> max processor state -> change to 99% instead of 100%
    • sfc scannow in CMD (no errors)
    • DISM checkhealth in CMD (no errors)
    • Adding TDRDelay registry key and set it to 10
    • Whitelist entire game directory in Windows Defender
    • Create new windows user account and launch game from that account
    • Force game to use integrated Intel HD graphics -> this would prevent any crash, but obviously be unplayable at like 5fps. So this means it's something wrong with Nvidia drivers, and not my computer?
    I even chatted with service rep from Nvidia, they're out of ideas too and told me "check with Lenovo", lol.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thema:

Event Viewer - User-mode driver crash

1. Event Viewer - User-mode driver crash - Similar Threads - Event Viewer User

2. event viewer keep getting crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event viewer keep getting crashes: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xZ8vcqtIcxG5aM4axNRfZxp2QCja0ZKs/view?usp=sharing event log link7800x3d3080 evgaROG-THOR-1200Psux670e hero mobo 64gb ddr5 ram need help please...
  3. PC crash and event viewer errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crash and event viewer errors: On a game I get a full freeze and feedback from my speakers, only way to reset is to press the reset button.In the event viewer I these errors at the date stamp time of the crash :-SCEP Certificate enrollment initialization for WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-BKG2VOL$ via...
  4. FSX Crashes Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FSX Crashes Event Viewer: Greetings,Yesterday I wrote to you about problems with FSX SP2 that I have installed on my PC with Windows 10 64 bit.There are times when FSX doesn't boot up or if it does then it crashes in flight. I checked the event viewer and saw these errors:fsx.exe 10.0.61472.0...
  5. FSX Crashes Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FSX Crashes Event Viewer: Greetings,Yesterday I wrote to you about problems with FSX SP2 that I have installed on my PC with Windows 10 64 bit.There are times when FSX doesn't boot up or if it does then it crashes in flight. I checked the event viewer and saw these errors:fsx.exe 10.0.61472.0...
  6. Event Viewer Users

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Event Viewer Users: Everything I searched online does not give me the information I’m looking for. Therefore, my question is how do I match a user to a device? I’m also would like to know how to know more about the credentials and the users logging in on it. Also, some illegal set up numerous...
  7. Event Viewer Users

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Event Viewer Users: Everything I searched online does not give me the information I’m looking for. Therefore, my question is how do I match a user to a device? I’m also would like to know how to know more about the credentials and the users logging in on it. Also, some illegal set up numerous...
  8. Event Viewer Users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Windows Event Viewer Application Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Event Viewer Application Crash: Hello I have gotten this same error code that has been making all my games crash and making them unplayable. Please help me Faulting application name: bad_module_info, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000 Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp:...
  10. Event Viewer driver issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Event Viewer driver issues: I have an HP X2 Elite (Tablet) and have just completed a clean install of Windows 10 Creative Edition. The Event Viewer shows seven Event 219 failures. The first four are Intel issues and the next three are for other drivers. The abbreviated events are as follows........