Windows 10: Event Viewer

Discus and support Event Viewer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Any way to capture the Warnings and Errors as they happened. I had a BSOD problem associated with Team Viewer and certain links when attempting to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cfourkays, Sep 14, 2020.

1. cfourkays Win User

Event Viewer

Any way to capture the Warnings and Errors as they happened.
    I had a BSOD problem associated with Team Viewer and certain links when attempting to open.
    That has been cleared, appearently by a W-10 update, not by me.
    The BSOD has disappeared and everything opening normally.
    However, in Event Viewer, I'm getting many Schannel Errors:

A fatal error occurred while creating a TLS client credential. The internal error state is 10013. The SSPI client process is svchost (PID: 7936).

along with DistributedCOM warnings:

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54} and APPID {15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402} to the user DESKTOP-5JNAOFF\petec SID (S-1-5-21-3356453793-4291871109-3358290211-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

I don't know if one is associated with the other. Right now, they aren't affected my use of the PC.
    I know the EventViewer doesn't update in real time but it might be helpful if I could see what I was doing when the Errors and Warnings occur.

:)

cfourkays, Sep 14, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Sep 14, 2020
  3. nancy3243 Win User
    Event Viewer problem with latest Windows Build 1607

After installing the new Windows build 1607, the Event Viewer stopped recording events under Diagnostic Performance. (Before 1607 I checked the files located under Windows.old dated 9/23/2016 and located this file which indeed did have a list of events
    recorded.)

Since the initial 1607 download there have been two new builds automatically installed on my laptop.

The last step in an automatic download is the RESTART. Prior to my rebooting, I checked the Diagnostic Performance and for sure, these had the list of events.

Rebooting by me, causes the Diagnostic Performance errors to disappear.

As suggested earlier I have run the SFC/DISM commands with no errors reported.

Any Ideas?

Nancy

nancy3243, Sep 14, 2020
  4. RichardC Win User

Event Viewer

Event Viewer

Is there any way to clear the items listed in 'administrative events' in event viewer? TIA, Richard

RichardC, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Event Viewer

1. Event Viewer - Similar Threads - Event Viewer

2. Unstable System, hundreds of errors in event viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unstable System, hundreds of errors in event viewer: Hello,Recently my system has been getting progressively worse. This started at the end of February. But, just today alone when I look in the event viewer I have had hundreds of errors saying "The NVIDIA LocalSystem Container service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 3...
  3. Unstable System, hundreds of errors in event viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unstable System, hundreds of errors in event viewer: Hello,Recently my system has been getting progressively worse. This started at the end of February. But, just today alone when I look in the event viewer I have had hundreds of errors saying "The NVIDIA LocalSystem Container service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 3...
  4. event viewer keep getting crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    event viewer keep getting crashes: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xZ8vcqtIcxG5aM4axNRfZxp2QCja0ZKs/view?usp=sharing event log link7800x3d3080 evgaROG-THOR-1200Psux670e hero mobo 64gb ddr5 ram need help please...
  5. event viewer keep getting crashes

event viewer keep getting crashes: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xZ8vcqtIcxG5aM4axNRfZxp2QCja0ZKs/view?usp=sharing event log link7800x3d3080 evgaROG-THOR-1200Psux670e hero mobo 64gb ddr5 ram need help please...
  6. Forza Horizon 4 keeps crashing, event viewer says that ntdll.dll is the faulting module

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 keeps crashing, event viewer says that ntdll.dll is the faulting module: Here's the eventviewer reportFaulting application name: ForzaHorizon4.exe, version: 1.466.445.0, time stamp: 0x6053d621Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.2130, time stamp: 0xb5ced1c6Exception code: 0xc0000008Fault offset: 0x0000000000102856Faulting process...
  7. Forza Horizon 4 keeps crashing, event viewer says that ntdll.dll is the faulting module

Forza Horizon 4 keeps crashing, event viewer says that ntdll.dll is the faulting module: Here's the eventviewer reportFaulting application name: ForzaHorizon4.exe, version: 1.466.445.0, time stamp: 0x6053d621Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.19041.2130, time stamp: 0xb5ced1c6Exception code: 0xc0000008Fault offset: 0x0000000000102856Faulting process...
  8. Lots of DeviceSetupManager error in event viewer windows 11, new self built computer and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lots of DeviceSetupManager error in event viewer windows 11, new self built computer and...: I have recently built my own computer 4070 super, 15 14600kf, ddr4 3600mz, strix b760a d4 and i had issues making it work, but was able to make it work great with all features. Recently, i downloaded Red dead Redemption 2 for a fun time playing, but have had issues with my...
  9. Lots of DeviceSetupManager error in event viewer windows 11, new self built computer and...

Lots of DeviceSetupManager error in event viewer windows 11, new self built computer and...: I have recently built my own computer 4070 super, 15 14600kf, ddr4 3600mz, strix b760a d4 and i had issues making it work, but was able to make it work great with all features. Recently, i downloaded Red dead Redemption 2 for a fun time playing, but have had issues with my...
  10. How to fix Application Error in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to fix Application Error in Event Viewer: Hi, I recently installed Wacom Cintiq 16 driver from Wacom website that latest one, up on restart my PC It appears on Event Viewer as Application Error that the application has an issue, last time this happens It froze my PC and had to forces shutdown, the froze were not just...