Windows 10: Event Viewer

Discus and support Event Viewer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had a problem with Lockheed Martins P3DV4 software earlier this week which has now been resolved. As part of the trouble shooting process I used... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by lionwing, Jan 12, 2018.

1. lionwing Win User

Event Viewer

I had a problem with Lockheed Martins P3DV4 software earlier this week which has now been resolved.

As part of the trouble shooting process I used Windows Event Viewer to track down the issue.

While using Event Viewer I noted it is a "busy" piece of software with various messages that while they don't appear to effect the running of my computer I was surprised at the frequency of them. A sample screenshot is shown below.

Event Viewer [​IMG]

Do other users see a similar picture?

:)

lionwing, Jan 12, 2018

2. Delete Event Log Files created in one month

Rishad,

I noticed that some type of XML coding might help to export.

I export the logs basically based on the setup of the events. For example, you have Event Viewer (Local) -> Windows Logs -> Security. And I export them to )say the month of April):

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Windows Logs\2016\Security\

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Windows Logs\2016\Security\Comma Separated Value - CSV\04.csv

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Windows Logs\2016\Security\Event Viewer\No Display Information\04.evtx

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Windows Logs\2016\Security\Event Viewer\Display Information for English\04..evtx

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Windows Logs\2016\Security\Event Viewer Current View - XML\04.xml

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Windows Logs\2016\Security\TXT\04.txt

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Windows Logs\2016\Security\XML\No Display Information\04.xml

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Windows Logs\2016\Security\XML\Display Information for English\04.xml

What is getting a bit more difficult is creating the Event Viewer (Local) -> Applications and Services Logs -> Dell (OK a bit easy), but then you have Event Viewer (Local) -> Applications and Services Logs -> Microsoft -> Windows -> AAD. Which goes to:

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Applications and Services Logs\Microsoft\Windows\AAD\Operational\2016\Comma Separated Files - CSV\01.csv

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Applications and Services Logs\Microsoft\Windows\AAD\Operational\2016\Event Files\No Display Information\01.evtx

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Applications and Services Logs\Microsoft\Windows\AAD\Operational\2016\Event Files\Display Information for English\01.evtx

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Applications and Services Logs\Microsoft\Windows\AAD\Operational\2016\TXT\01.txt

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Applications and Services Logs\Microsoft\Windows\AAD\Operational\2016\XML\No Display Information\01.xml

D:\Logs\Event Viewer\Event Viewer (Local)\Applications and Services Logs\Microsoft\Windows\AAD\Operational\2016\XML\Display Information for English\01.xml

So maybe if an XML export can some export / create the proper documents, that would be great!

Thank you!

CoreyBryant, Jan 12, 2018
  3. Windows Store

Hi,

We can look into the Even viewer logs to diagnose the issue. Event Viewer is a tool that shows detailed information about significant events on your computer. Event Viewer can be helpful when troubleshooting problems in Windows. To open Event Viewer type
    Event Viewer in the search box and click View event logs.

Vinod Archak, Jan 12, 2018
  4. Event Viewer

Indeed. As long as you have no issues, you can ignore it. I have disabled Event Viewer all-together, I do not need Windows to log literally everything I do and it actually speeds up various actions like setups, but it also breaks other stuff, like updates.

TairikuOkami, Jan 12, 2018
  5. lionwing Win User
    Thank you.

I'm not alone !

lionwing, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Event Viewer

1. Event Viewer - Similar Threads - Event Viewer

2. Lots of DeviceSetupManager error in event viewer windows 11, new self built computer and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lots of DeviceSetupManager error in event viewer windows 11, new self built computer and...: I have recently built my own computer 4070 super, 15 14600kf, ddr4 3600mz, strix b760a d4 and i had issues making it work, but was able to make it work great with all features. Recently, i downloaded Red dead Redemption 2 for a fun time playing, but have had issues with my...
  3. Lots of DeviceSetupManager error in event viewer windows 11, new self built computer and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lots of DeviceSetupManager error in event viewer windows 11, new self built computer and...: I have recently built my own computer 4070 super, 15 14600kf, ddr4 3600mz, strix b760a d4 and i had issues making it work, but was able to make it work great with all features. Recently, i downloaded Red dead Redemption 2 for a fun time playing, but have had issues with my...
  4. How to fix Application Error in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix Application Error in Event Viewer: Hi, I recently installed Wacom Cintiq 16 driver from Wacom website that latest one, up on restart my PC It appears on Event Viewer as Application Error that the application has an issue, last time this happens It froze my PC and had to forces shutdown, the froze were not just...
  5. How to fix Application Error in Event Viewer

How to fix Application Error in Event Viewer: Hi, I recently installed Wacom Cintiq 16 driver from Wacom website that latest one, up on restart my PC It appears on Event Viewer as Application Error that the application has an issue, last time this happens It froze my PC and had to forces shutdown, the froze were not just...
  6. How to fix Application Error in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I keep getting Errors and warnings in my event viewer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting Errors and warnings in my event viewer.: Can you please have a look at a screenshot for me? Its all gibberish to me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-getting-errors-and-warnings-in-my-event/b2be780b-19ac-4ce1-908a-9018444be6f5
  8. I keep getting Errors and warnings in my event viewer.

I keep getting Errors and warnings in my event viewer.: Can you please have a look at a screenshot for me? Its all gibberish to me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-getting-errors-and-warnings-in-my-event/b2be780b-19ac-4ce1-908a-9018444be6f5
  9. PC Suddenly Started Crashing when playing games, event viewer text included. need help...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Suddenly Started Crashing when playing games, event viewer text included. need help...: So i bough this computer in 2020 it had no problems relating to this issue at all it all started 2 weeks ago, when I play games or put it under stress for more than 10 mins it always turns off, sometimes even in idle, I have experienced 2 types until now:1. it turns off...
  10. PC Suddenly Started Crashing when playing games, event viewer text included. need help...

PC Suddenly Started Crashing when playing games, event viewer text included. need help...: So i bough this computer in 2020 it had no problems relating to this issue at all it all started 2 weeks ago, when I play games or put it under stress for more than 10 mins it always turns off, sometimes even in idle, I have experienced 2 types until now:1. it turns off...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows aad in event viewer