Windows 10: Events in Win 10 calendar app look different after some time

Discus and support Events in Win 10 calendar app look different after some time in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I reset my "Mail and calendar app" and noticed that my events looked different than before screenshot 1. After one or more restarts of the app all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by umberto_rico, Oct 4, 2020.

1. Events in Win 10 calendar app look different after some time

I reset my "Mail and calendar app" and noticed that my events looked different than before screenshot 1. After one or more restarts of the app all events look like always screenshot 2. I have reproduced this 3 times.

I very much prefer the appearence of screenshot 1. How can i make this permanent?

Thanks very much!

:)

umberto_rico, Oct 4, 2020

2. gmail calendar event is deleted by calendar app

Hi,

We appreciate your time and effort for getting back to us.

If your Google calendar can't be synced with the Windows Calendar app, then follow the below Microsoft article.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/see-google-events-calendar-app

If the issue persists then, I suggest you to uninstall the apps which came inbuilt with Windows 10 using Windows PowerShell and reinstall using Windows Store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in
      the search bar.

• Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.

• Enter the below command to reinstall the Mail and Calendar app.
    get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and Calendar app form the Windows Store.

If you need any further assistance let us know and we would be glad to assist you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Assion Win User
    Win 10 date and time tray calendar not showing events

I connected my win 10 calendar to google calendar. The windows calendar has my events now, but there is no highlight in the tray calendar app (that comes up when you click date and time on the tray). When I specifically click on a day it will show the event
    under the calendar, but there's no way to tell if there is an event on a certain day unless I click on the day. Is there a way to color the days or something so I can tell just by looking at the calendar if there is anything that day?

Thanks!

Assion, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Events in Win 10 calendar app look different after some time

Windows 10 Calendar shows one difference for events

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that the events in the Windows Calendar show one hour difference.

Ideally, this issue happens due to Time Zone settings. We would suggest you to check the Time Zone set on your computer and match it with the Calendar account. To change the Time Zone on the computer, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Time & Language and click on
      Date & time on the left pane.
    3. Now, toggle the switch to off for
      Set time automatically.
    4. Set the Time zone, using the drop down menu. Also, check if the option for
      Daylight saving time is On.
    5. You can also check for Region and select the correct
      Region.

We would also suggest you to check the Region settings in your Microsoft account. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Navigate to
      https://account.microsoft.com
      and login with your Microsoft account.
    2. Click on Your info.
    3. Now, click on Edit country/region.
    4. Select the Country/region and
      Time Zone
    5. Click on Save.

However, if you are using a Google Calendar, you can refer the article
    Use Google Calendar in different time zones
    and set the time zone.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

Events in Win 10 calendar app look different after some time

1. Events in Win 10 calendar app look different after some time - Similar Threads - Events calendar app

2. some appointments in Win 10 Mail&Calendar app have the wrong time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    some appointments in Win 10 Mail&Calendar app have the wrong time: There are a number of timezone related posts i have read, but none of the suggestions make any difference. The strange thing is that it is not all appointments which are wrong.1. I have shared my calendar with my wife and she adds appointments on her iPhone2. checking through...
  3. Windows Calendar App event icons, limitation for some accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Calendar App event icons, limitation for some accounts: I have different accounts some Gmail and some Outllook connected to my Calendar App and all works fine and synced. Only problem I have is that when I add events with my main Outlook I can choose among the following icons: [ATTACH] While when I try to add events on the...
  4. Looking for a DND app that turns/off based on the calendar event

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for a DND app that turns/off based on the calendar event: Hi, Looking for an app that does exactly as what I described in the title. Unfortunately, Focus Assist is time-based. Thanks in advanced submitted by /u/thatjokewasdry [link] [comments]...
  5. Looking for Calendar App Suggestions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Looking for Calendar App Suggestions: The default calendar app in Windows 10 does not play well with Google Calendars. I have several accounts in my G Suite account and the default app does not let me assign an event to a specific calendar. I'm looking for alternative apps. Any suggestions? At the moment I...
  6. How to export Calendar events from Mail and Calendar app to a different Calendar?

How to export Calendar events from Mail and Calendar app to a different Calendar?: Using Windows 10 and have some events that I want to move to a different calendar. Can I move them? thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-export-calendar-events-from-mail-and/ffcb17eb-9ee1-488f-813f-1e248d70cd4d
  7. Windows 10 Calendar shows one difference for events

Windows 10 Calendar shows one difference for events: All of my calendars are synced to my Windows calendar. I input the info in my phone and it shows up as 1 hour earlier on my Windows Calendar. If I input in my Windows Calendar, it shows. Help? up 1 hour later in my phone and other calenders ***Modified title from:...
  8. Win 10 app Calendar

Win 10 app Calendar: Using Surface 4 with WIN 10 and Calendar app from original set up. After few month my personal notes disappears. I need some of them from the past. Note on the top of calendar: There are available with your account provider. Outlook support is not able to help me....
  9. Exporting Calendar events from Mail and Calendar app and importing to different Calender.

Exporting Calendar events from Mail and Calendar app and importing to different Calender.: Hello, I am using Mail and Calendar apps in my Win10. I have events in my calendar that need to move to a different calendar for better organization, but can´t see an option to do that? Any clues? Thanks! Modified Title from: Moving Windows 10 Calendar events (between...
  10. Calendar Syncs Some Events but not Others

Calendar Syncs Some Events but not Others: Another Mail/Calendar problem. The calendar app will sync some events and not others. This is a new calendar since I've already had to delete the default one and create it again on MS advice. So yeah, the calendar's events sync on the web calendar and my Surface RT...