Windows 10: Events show the wrong time on desktop calendar

Discus and support Events show the wrong time on desktop calendar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I feel like similar things have been asked before but I can't seem to get it fixed. I am on Windows 10. I have synced my Windows Calendar app with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by smileydude689, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Events show the wrong time on desktop calendar

I feel like similar things have been asked before but I can't seem to get it fixed.

I am on Windows 10. I have synced my Windows Calendar app with my Google Calendar. At first, there were no problems, but ever since daylight savings time occurred in my time zone minus one hour, Windows is showing the wrong time on the preview on the bottom right corner. It is strange because the Calendar app displays the correct time for everything. For example, if I had a Google Calendar meeting for 8:30 am, the Windows Calendar app will show that the event is at 8:30 am, but the preview will be saying 7:30 am for the event. My reminders for the event is still correct such that even though it displays 7:30 am for the event, it will give me a reminder at 8:20 am for the 8:30 am event.

I have tried syncing the Date & Time settings and Windows Calendar app. I have tried removing the linked Google account and reestablishing it. Nothing seems to work. Any ideas?

EDIT: It does look like when I click on the preview event on the bottom right corner, it will display the same Calendar event with the wrong times 7:30 am. I tried adjusting the series times for that to match the correct time 8:30 am, but then it changed everything to 1 hour later on the Calendar app 9:30 am. I'm not sure if this extra information is useful but wanted to paint a picture of how things look on my end.

:)

smileydude689, Nov 18, 2020
  2. FPaulo Win User

Calendar showing up in wrong time zone

For me the thing is even worse... here is the behavior in Windows 8.1, in Summer things where fine, but not that there is the Winter time things are crazy (Time Zone: Portugal)

1 - if I *create* an event in my phone say 11:00 AM then it shows up correctly in Google Calendar (web), but after a few seconds the event in the phone shows up at 10:00 AM.

1.1 - if I edit the event in Google Calendar (web), the event updates in the next sync on the phone in the wrong time zone

1.2 - if I edit the event in the phone, the wrong time zone issue persists.

but here is the real caveat:

2 - if I *create* the event in Google Calendar (web) then everything works fine

2.1 - the event shows up correctly in the phone

2.2 - I can edit the event in the phone and it will show up correctly in both calendars

2.3 - I can edit the event in Google Calendar (web) and it will show up correctly in both calendars

If the even is created in Google Calendar with time zones the phone handles them correctly and keeps the basic timezone information between edits.

This basically means that for me the "+" button in my Windows phone Calendar Application is useless in the Winter Events show the wrong time on desktop calendar :p

FPaulo, Nov 18, 2020
  3. B. Parker Win User
    Calendar Events Appear with the Wrong Time Zone

When my wife adds an event to her Shared Calendar from her 950XL, the events show up on our Office 2016 Calendars with the incorrect time and from Monrovia, Reykjavik.

If she enters an event into the same Shared Calendar from her computer, in Office 2016, then the time zone and time is correct.

I've confirmed that her Windows Phone, both our computers and both of our Microsoft Accounts all report that they're located in the correct time zone.

So, I'm not sure why the events keep coming up in the Reykjavik time zone.

Suggestions?

B. Parker, Nov 18, 2020
  4. chemgirl Win User

Events show the wrong time on desktop calendar

calendar event time wrong

I've had my Windows 8 phone since Jan 1, and overall I really enjoy it. I've started saving appointments and meetings on Hotmail Calendar. This has been great for keeping me on time!! Until recently.. the past week I've been one hour late for two meetings.
    One hour!!! Today I realized it's not me saving the wrong time, it's my phone/calendar showing the appt time one hour later. I'm guessing this is some sort of bug from Daylight Saving Time. I'm glad that I didn't make the mistake of saving the incorrect
    time, but I'm not happy that my calendar can change event times.

chemgirl, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Events show the wrong time on desktop calendar

1. Events show the wrong time on desktop calendar - Similar Threads - Events show wrong

2. Win10 new calendar showing wrong time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 new calendar showing wrong time: Here's the problemI'm using same series of reminding with same time on both new calendar and old one, but they shows different time in win10 new calendar, which is confusing. I actually tried to set it at 10o'clock in the morning, but it is switch to American time zone once...
  3. Win10 new calendar showing wrong time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win10 new calendar showing wrong time: Here's the problemI'm using same series of reminding with same time on both new calendar and old one, but they shows different time in win10 new calendar, which is confusing. I actually tried to set it at 10o'clock in the morning, but it is switch to American time zone once...
  4. Calendar showing Lock screen notification a day before event time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Calendar showing Lock screen notification a day before event time: Hello. I have an issue with Windows Calendar Lock Screen notification.I have a meeting at 3 pm, 7 May. At the time of writing this post, it is 6 May, 10 AM.However, Windows calendar is showing a Lock Screen notification on Lock Screen since 12 AM 6 May. Why is a notification...
  5. Calendar showing Lock screen notification a day before event time

Calendar showing Lock screen notification a day before event time: Hello. I have an issue with Windows Calendar Lock Screen notification.I have a meeting at 3 pm, 7 May. At the time of writing this post, it is 6 May, 10 AM.However, Windows calendar is showing a Lock Screen notification on Lock Screen since 12 AM 6 May. Why is a notification...
  6. Calendar Doesn't Show All Events

Calendar Doesn't Show All Events: Hey all, In Win 10 if I go to Start-All Programs-Calendar and start the Calendar app it shows all events that I have entered on my Calendar, but if I go to the right side of the tray and click on the date, the Calendar app pops up but is missing some entries. Where does this...
  7. iCloud calendar events not showing on Windows Calendar App

iCloud calendar events not showing on Windows Calendar App: I recently purchased a new laptop and I am unable to get my iCloud calendar to sync events with the windows calendar app. My iCloud calendars show up on the app itself however no events are appearing. When I create an event, i can see the event on my iPhone but it disappears...
  8. Cortana not showing calendar events from Google Calendar

Cortana not showing calendar events from Google Calendar: All, I have a problem with Cortana that has been going on since the April 2018 Update. When asking "What's on my calendar for today", she responds with ok, then followed by this statement. "You don't have anything scheduled for today" I have a Google Calendar synced up with...
  9. Cortana not showing calendar events from Google Calendar

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana not showing calendar events from Google Calendar: All, I have a problem with Cortana that has been going on since the April 2018 Update. When asking "What's on my calendar for today", she responds with ok, then followed by this statement. "You don't have anything scheduled for today" I have a Google Calendar synced up with...
  10. Calendar app shows duplicate events

Calendar app shows duplicate events: Hi, I've been experiencing a problem with the Windows 10 Calendar app - it shows duplicate events. I'm using a Microsoft account (Outlook.com) and have it configured on the computer. Mail app Works ok and syncs. Calendar App shows duplicate events. If I access the same...