Windows 10: Eventvwr Scam! HELP!!!!

Discus and support Eventvwr Scam! HELP!!!! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I see this topic on the web. I recive a call like this just now. I realized this was a bad thing. I'm save. The aim of the messague is to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Andrés Espinosa Hernandez, Nov 5, 2020.

1. Eventvwr Scam! HELP!!!!

Hi,

I see this topic on the web. I recive a call like this just now. I realized this was a bad thing. I'm save.

The aim of the messague is to nocite you, to help the community. The call tel. number was 0035805534995

Regards

:)

Andrés Espinosa Hernandez, Nov 5, 2020
  2. OpteronX Win User

EVENTVWR scam active again

I have had multiple calls in the last week from people claiming to be Microsoft. Normally I put pone down straight away but as my son has an open ticket to refund an O365 license that he waiting for I took the call today.

It's the same EVENTVWR scam as far as I can tell

Numbers they have called from (I believe when looking back at my caller history of last few weeks):

01984624491 (today)

Sounds like call from a busy call centre in India.

Thought it best to share

OpteronX, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Smeed Win User
  4. Smeed Win User

Eventvwr Scam! HELP!!!!

Smeed, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

Eventvwr Scam! HELP!!!!

1. Eventvwr Scam! HELP!!!! - Similar Threads - Eventvwr Scam HELP

2. SCAM HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SCAM HELP: Our laptop was locked up. DEFENDER Windows Security call 1-833-318-2563 for windows support to unlock. I called, not thinking, and assumed I was talking to a Microsoft person, even asked that question, got an affirmative. Let him walk me into "Ultraview" after he said there...
  3. SCAM HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SCAM HELP: Our laptop was locked up. DEFENDER Windows Security call 1-833-318-2563 for windows support to unlock. I called, not thinking, and assumed I was talking to a Microsoft person, even asked that question, got an affirmative. Let him walk me into "Ultraview" after he said there...
  4. Scan eventvwr ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scan eventvwr ?: Hello, this morning I received a call from someone with an Indian accent, he asked me to type « cmd » then « assoc » and I stopped when he wanted me to type « eventvwr », as I read on the forum it was a scam. However to prove me he was really working at Microsoft, he spelled...
  5. Scan eventvwr ?

Scan eventvwr ?: Hello, this morning I received a call from someone with an Indian accent, he asked me to type « cmd » then « assoc » and I stopped when he wanted me to type « eventvwr », as I read on the forum it was a scam. However to prove me he was really working at Microsoft, he spelled...
  6. eventvwr Scam Call France - Belgium

in Windows 10 Gaming
    eventvwr Scam Call France - Belgium: Hello,Can Microsoft or somebody else do something about the scam calls in the name of Microsoft? I got two calls from two Belgium numbers I live in France about a Trjoan Horse problem with my computer. They reached me on a landline number which is not associated with any of...
  7. eventvwr Scam Call France - Belgium

eventvwr Scam Call France - Belgium: Hello,Can Microsoft or somebody else do something about the scam calls in the name of Microsoft? I got two calls from two Belgium numbers I live in France about a Trjoan Horse problem with my computer. They reached me on a landline number which is not associated with any of...
  8. eventvwr scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    eventvwr scam: if anyone receives a phone call from the following number saying your computer is sending them a message to say it has a virus which can send information about your accounts. also they say they are from Microsoft. the number they use is 02034091756. they are not from...
  9. EVENTVWR scam active again

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    EVENTVWR scam active again: I have had multiple calls in the last week from people claiming to be Microsoft. Normally I put pone down straight away but as my son has an open ticket to refund an O365 license that he waiting for I took the call today. It's the same EVENTVWR scam as far as I can tell...
  10. errors in eventvwr

in Windows 10 Customization
    errors in eventvwr: Hi there so I am suddenly (after july update) getting abit of wmi,wdi and svchost.exe_Winmgmt, Wpnservice errors in eventviewer and WER. anyone have any solutions? i can give more information but i assume lots of people have the same event logs and wer logs piling up....