Windows 10: eventvwr scam

Discus and support eventvwr scam in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; if anyone receives a phone call from the following number saying your computer is sending them a message to say it has a virus which can send... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by brianwebster3, Jun 10, 2019.

1. eventvwr scam

if anyone receives a phone call from the following number saying your computer is sending them a message to say it has a virus which can send information about your accounts. also they say they are from Microsoft. the number they use is 02034091756. they are not from Microsoft they are scammers.

:)

brianwebster3, Jun 10, 2019
  2. OpteronX Win User

EVENTVWR scam active again

I have had multiple calls in the last week from people claiming to be Microsoft. Normally I put pone down straight away but as my son has an open ticket to refund an O365 license that he waiting for I took the call today.

It's the same EVENTVWR scam as far as I can tell

Numbers they have called from (I believe when looking back at my caller history of last few weeks):

01984624491 (today)

Sounds like call from a busy call centre in India.

Thought it best to share

OpteronX, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Smeed Win User
Thema:

eventvwr scam

1. eventvwr scam - Similar Threads - eventvwr scam

2. Scan eventvwr ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Scan eventvwr ?: Hello, this morning I received a call from someone with an Indian accent, he asked me to type « cmd » then « assoc » and I stopped when he wanted me to type « eventvwr », as I read on the forum it was a scam. However to prove me he was really working at Microsoft, he spelled...
  3. Scan eventvwr ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Scan eventvwr ?: Hello, this morning I received a call from someone with an Indian accent, he asked me to type « cmd » then « assoc » and I stopped when he wanted me to type « eventvwr », as I read on the forum it was a scam. However to prove me he was really working at Microsoft, he spelled...
  4. eventvwr Scam Call France - Belgium

in Windows 10 Gaming
    eventvwr Scam Call France - Belgium: Hello,Can Microsoft or somebody else do something about the scam calls in the name of Microsoft? I got two calls from two Belgium numbers I live in France about a Trjoan Horse problem with my computer. They reached me on a landline number which is not associated with any of...
  5. eventvwr Scam Call France - Belgium

eventvwr Scam Call France - Belgium: Hello,Can Microsoft or somebody else do something about the scam calls in the name of Microsoft? I got two calls from two Belgium numbers I live in France about a Trjoan Horse problem with my computer. They reached me on a landline number which is not associated with any of...
  6. Blank Taskbar No Menu/Icons aside part. Systray Post Oct22 Updates, Eventvwr...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blank Taskbar No Menu/Icons aside part. Systray Post Oct22 Updates, Eventvwr...: Faulting application name: StartMenuExperienceHost.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x36fcc2bbFaulting module name: StartDocked.dll, version: 10.0.22000.856, time stamp: 0x24763effException code: 0xc0000409Fault offset: 0x00000000001972f7Faulting process id: 0x604Faulting...
  7. Blank Taskbar No Menu/Icons aside part. Systray Post Oct22 Updates, Eventvwr...

Blank Taskbar No Menu/Icons aside part. Systray Post Oct22 Updates, Eventvwr...: Faulting application name: StartMenuExperienceHost.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x36fcc2bbFaulting module name: StartDocked.dll, version: 10.0.22000.856, time stamp: 0x24763effException code: 0xc0000409Fault offset: 0x00000000001972f7Faulting process id: 0x604Faulting...
  8. Eventvwr Scam! HELP!!!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Eventvwr Scam! HELP!!!!: Hi, I see this topic on the web. I recive a call like this just now. I realized this was a bad thing. I'm save. The aim of the messague is to nocite you, to help the community. The call tel. number was 0035805534995 Regards...
  9. Windows 10 Pro Feature Update 2004 failure with eventvwr and...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Pro Feature Update 2004 failure with eventvwr and...: Hardware Dell Optiplex 3070 SFF i5-9500 16GB with 2 internal SSDs Windows 10 Pro version 1909 OS Build 18363.959 I've had recurring failures 13 in attempting to install feature update 2004. Typical behaviour is download/install followed by Restart prompt which I select...
  10. EVENTVWR scam active again

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    EVENTVWR scam active again: I have had multiple calls in the last week from people claiming to be Microsoft. Normally I put pone down straight away but as my son has an open ticket to refund an O365 license that he waiting for I took the call today. It's the same EVENTVWR scam as far as I can tell...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. id number and password through eventvwr scam

2. what is eventvwr scam

3. eventvwr microsoft call

4. eventvwr run scam,
  5. microsoft service calls - Eventvwr