Windows 10: eventvwr scam

Discus and support eventvwr scam in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; if anyone receives a phone call from the following number saying your computer is sending them a message to say it has a virus which can send... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by brianwebster3, Jun 10, 2019.

1. eventvwr scam

if anyone receives a phone call from the following number saying your computer is sending them a message to say it has a virus which can send information about your accounts. also they say they are from Microsoft. the number they use is 02034091756. they are not from Microsoft they are scammers.

:)

brianwebster3, Jun 10, 2019
  2. OpteronX Win User

EVENTVWR scam active again

I have had multiple calls in the last week from people claiming to be Microsoft. Normally I put pone down straight away but as my son has an open ticket to refund an O365 license that he waiting for I took the call today.

It's the same EVENTVWR scam as far as I can tell

Numbers they have called from (I believe when looking back at my caller history of last few weeks):

01984624491 (today)

Sounds like call from a busy call centre in India.

Thought it best to share

OpteronX, Jun 10, 2019
  3. Smeed Win User
Thema:

eventvwr scam

1. eventvwr scam - Similar Threads - eventvwr scam

2. please help i think i was scam

in Windows 10 Customization
    please help i think i was scam: customer id-Gets5807 toll free no-1844-915-3111 Gateway-Aspire mareting service- 1years amount-149.99 company-sys tech solutions notepad inetcpl.cpl appwiz.cpl msinfo32 iexplore helpme.net...
  3. A Win 10 Update scam!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    A Win 10 Update scam!: I was playing Solitaire, and accidently clicked on something that brought up the browser, and a dialog box that said that my computer was not up to date with the latest update! It warned me to get it by clicking the button on the dialog box, or my computer would lose all its...
  4. Scam by phone

Scam by phone: I received a phone call yesterday and today telling me that if I don't pay $299 they will cancel my microsoft account, since I don't have an account I told them to feel free to cancel it. They then started to direct me to anydesk.com. When I saw there was no mention of...
  5. SCAM Anrufe mit CLSID (ClassIdentifier)

SCAM Anrufe mit CLSID (ClassIdentifier): Dear all, I have received yesterday a phone call from a person who claimed to work for Microsoft Security Services in California. He said that my computer is infected by a virus and constantly sends notifications to the Microsoft Servers. Due to this, Microsoft activities...
  6. legitimate company or a scam?

legitimate company or a scam?: My computer suddenly locked up, started loudly beeping while issuing a microsoft support number to immediately call. They said I was infected with a Trojan and connected me to PC Net Care for network security. Is this a legitimate company?...
  7. PC Care Scam

PC Care Scam: Alex Jones of PC Care called and installed SUPERAntiSpyware trial software after saying my computer including ID had been transmitting error messages to Microsoft. As a long time stock holder and lifetime MSN user, I'm disappointed that he knew details about my software and...
  8. Am I being scammed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Am I being scammed?: I heard an alarm bell going on my laptop. Then a message saying that I needed to update Windows 10 drivers. Then a message from Tweakbit.com telling me to install & update Windows 10. Is this a scam?...
  9. EVENTVWR scam active again

EVENTVWR scam active again: I have had multiple calls in the last week from people claiming to be Microsoft. Normally I put pone down straight away but as my son has an open ticket to refund an O365 license that he waiting for I took the call today. It's the same EVENTVWR scam as far as I can tell...
  10. errors in eventvwr

in Windows 10 Customization
    errors in eventvwr: Hi there so I am suddenly (after july update) getting abit of wmi,wdi and svchost.exe_Winmgmt, Wpnservice errors in eventviewer and WER. anyone have any solutions? i can give more information but i assume lots of people have the same event logs and wer logs piling up....