Windows 10: Ever since I updated my laptop, it would randomly turn on even when the screen is closed

Discus and support Ever since I updated my laptop, it would randomly turn on even when the screen is closed in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My laptop is a dell Inspiron 3000 series, and i know it's turning on even with the screen off because I can hear the fan, and the lights on my gaming... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheIronHerobrine, Aug 3, 2020.

1. Ever since I updated my laptop, it would randomly turn on even when the screen is closed

My laptop is a dell Inspiron 3000 series, and i know it's turning on even with the screen off because I can hear the fan, and the lights on my gaming mouse turn on. I thought this could have been due to malware at first, but I didn't find any malware after full scans, and i couldn't find any suspicious connections on Wireshark. The only thing I believe it could be is that my computer does some automatic quick scans for viruses during the day and night, but it seems to be turning on at random times, and my computer wasn't turning on before this update, even when I would do these scans. What do you guys think? It's kind of driving me insane. Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/TheIronHerobrine
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheIronHerobrine, Aug 3, 2020

2. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Black Screen During Driver Update Ever since I updated my laptop, it would randomly turn on even when the screen is closed :(

I reinstalled my laptop back to factory settings, and I wanted to update the GPU drivers. But when I try, the screen turns black during the update, but the computer is still running. I was forced to turn off the computer and turn it back on. I used system restore, so now I'm using the default drivers that came with the laptop. Can you guys suggest anything?

mrpubnoobz, Aug 3, 2020
  4. jkhcast Win User

Ever since I updated my laptop, it would randomly turn on even when the screen is closed

Why does my screen turn off when i close the lid if i have it set to NEVER????

I have my setting set to NEVER turn of the display when i close the lid. In fact i have it set to NEVER turn of the display for any reason. Yet when i close the lid, the screen turns off. Even worse, i cannot EVER get the screen to come back on. I have to
    manually turn off my computer with the power button which is seriously damaging my laptop. This is ridiculous. No one seems to have an answer as to why this is happening. Someone please help.

jkhcast, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

Ever since I updated my laptop, it would randomly turn on even when the screen is closed

1. Ever since I updated my laptop, it would randomly turn on even when the screen is closed - Similar Threads - Ever since updated

2. BSOD on laptop ever since update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on laptop ever since update: So I have a BSOD on my new laptop, I think its because when I update driver from CCleaner, Its messed up my computer and now I would like to uninstall the driver update from the CCleaner but I don’t know which one and how. Is there anyway I can just uninstall all the third...
  3. BSOD on laptop ever since update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on laptop ever since update: So I have a BSOD on my new laptop, I think its because when I update driver from CCleaner, Its messed up my computer and now I would like to uninstall the driver update from the CCleaner but I don’t know which one and how. Is there anyway I can just uninstall all the third...
  4. Laptop fan randomly runs extremely fast ever since Windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop fan randomly runs extremely fast ever since Windows update: My laptop is around 6 months old and prior to a Windows update on 15/10/2021 had zero problems.Windows informed me there was an update, so I updated it as normal, and once my laptop restarted the fan suddenly went crazy. It will only stop if I completely shut it down and...
  5. Laptop fan randomly runs extremely fast ever since Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop fan randomly runs extremely fast ever since Windows update: My laptop is around 6 months old and prior to a Windows update on 15/10/2021 had zero problems.Windows informed me there was an update, so I updated it as normal, and once my laptop restarted the fan suddenly went crazy. It will only stop if I completely shut it down and...
  6. Laptop fan randomly runs extremely fast ever since Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. ever since my latest windows 10 update, my computer would give me the blue screen as I was...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    ever since my latest windows 10 update, my computer would give me the blue screen as I was...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/chickenlifter29 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ltjjtm/ever_since_my_latest_windows_10_update_my/
  8. Ever since latest update, keyboard backlight is turned off everytime I start my laptop.

Ever since latest update, keyboard backlight is turned off everytime I start my laptop.: I have to keep turning it on everytime I switch on my laptop. What can be done? Edit - Latest update details - Windows 10 version 1909 (KB4569751) submitted by /u/Drasp87 [link] [comments]...
  9. when ever i turn this setting on it just turns back off when i close the window

when ever i turn this setting on it just turns back off when i close the window: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/plsdntcri [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hpk0p5/when_ever_i_turn_this_setting_on_it_just_turns/
  10. Random BSODs ever since May 2019 update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random BSODs ever since May 2019 update.: The may 2019 update forced itself upon my computer at the end of August and ever since I have been plagued with BSODs with the vague descriptor of "critical_process_died". These BSODs never generate dump files, the BSOD just sits at 0% indefinitely while my CPU fan whirs up...