Windows 10: Ever since I updated to Windows 11 my printer continues to go offline. I get it to work...

Discus and support Ever since I updated to Windows 11 my printer continues to go offline. I get it to work... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ever since I updated to Windows 11 my printer continues to go offline. I get it to work then goes offline.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DCRT2023, Jan 13, 2023.

1. DCRT2023 Win User

Ever since I updated to Windows 11 my printer continues to go offline. I get it to work...

Ever since I updated to Windows 11 my printer continues to go offline. I get it to work then goes offline.

:)

DCRT2023, Jan 13, 2023
  2. Jessen P Win User

Both printers register offline for Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the update.

Resetting the power to your printer is a quick way to reset the printing system and prepare for further troubleshooting if necessary.

• If the printer is off, turn on the printer, and then check the status of the printer:

• If the printer starts printing jobs from the print queue, your printer is clearing out queued print jobs and is online. You can stop troubleshooting.

• If the printer goes to an idle state after its startup routine, it might be online.

• If the computer still shows the printer as offline, continue using these steps.

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer.

• Unplug the printer power cord from the wall outlet.

• If you are using a USB cable or network cable, make sure that the cable has not become disconnected or damaged.

• Wait at least 60 seconds. Restart the computer while you are waiting.

• Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.

• Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.

• If the printer does not turn on by itself, press the Power button to turn it on.

• Try to print.

• If you can print, the printer is online again. Continue to the next step if the printer goes offline again when printing later.

• If the printer cannot print and remains offline, continue to the next step.

Jessen P, Jan 13, 2023
  3. Zaki_j Win User
    Printer keeps going offline when windows 10 updates

Hi Graham,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that your printer shows offline.

• When you say “Printer keeps going offline when windows 10 updates” do you mean that the printer goes offline after installing updates?

I suggest you to follow the below given methods and see if that helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you try
    changing the printer’s status from “offline” to “online”
    and check if it resolves the issue.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I would have you download and run the HP Scan doctor from the manufacturers website. Refer to the article and follow the suggestion on
    Resolving Printer Offline problem using the HP Print and Scan Doctor.

Method 3:

If the issue persists, I suggest you refer to the article
    Troubleshooting offline printer problems
    and perform the troubleshooting steps mentioned and see if that helps.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Jan 13, 2023
  4. Ever since I updated to Windows 11 my printer continues to go offline. I get it to work...

why does my printer continue to be offline

Hi,

Thank you for posting in our Microsoft Community.

There are multiple known causes of this issue, such as third party anti-virus software, corrupted system files, outdated driver and also intermittent connections if your printer is connected wireless.

To further isolate this issue, we would like to gather more information why your printer keeps on getting offline for us to provide the best possible resolution.

• What is the current build and version of Windows installed on your computer?
    • Are there any recent software or hardware changes made to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Are you getting any error message? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • Where do you see the message that your printer is offline?
    • Are there any third part anti-virus application installed on your computer?
    • How is your printer connected? (Wireless/USB)

In the meantime, we suggest you run Windows Printer troubleshooter and check if that will fix the problem. Refer to the link below for suggested steps on how to fix printer problems in Windows.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

JericDale Ort, Jan 13, 2023
Thema:

Ever since I updated to Windows 11 my printer continues to go offline. I get it to work...

1. Ever since I updated to Windows 11 my printer continues to go offline. I get it to work... - Similar Threads - Ever since updated

2. Printer keeps going "offline" Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer keeps going "offline" Windows 11: My printer has worked fine until a month or two. Since then it keeps going offline. I have updated software drivers etc. I need to poke around with troubleshooters etc every time to get it to work. It's then fine for that session but the problem comes back every time i turn...
  3. Printer keeps going "offline" Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer keeps going "offline" Windows 11: My printer has worked fine until a month or two. Since then it keeps going offline. I have updated software drivers etc. I need to poke around with troubleshooters etc every time to get it to work. It's then fine for that session but the problem comes back every time i turn...
  4. My printers keep going offline - I have 2 Brother printers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My printers keep going offline - I have 2 Brother printers: I have two Brother printers & have a wireless router & high speed wi-fi. They KEEP going offline. When they do, I have to unplug them, wait about a minute, replug them & then they are fine. What could be wrong?...
  5. My printers keep going offline - I have 2 Brother printers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My printers keep going offline - I have 2 Brother printers: I have two Brother printers & have a wireless router & high speed wi-fi. They KEEP going offline. When they do, I have to unplug them, wait about a minute, replug them & then they are fine. What could be wrong?...
  6. Ever since I updated to Windows 11 my printer continues to go offline. I get it to work...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ever since I updated to Windows 11 my printer continues to go offline. I get it to work...: Ever since I updated to Windows 11 my printer continues to go offline. I get it to work then goes offline. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ever-since-i-updated-to-windows-11-my-printer/292e6bf2-1423-4828-8a16-21724bddf413
  7. BSoD ever since i upgraded to Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD ever since i upgraded to Windows 11.: Every time i load into my computer, I can play some games for a bit then the computer closes the game or restarts my computer with a random Stop code. This never happened in windows 10. I am so sick and tired of the constant restarts. It is hindering my game enjoyment and I...
  8. IF I RUN A FULL SCAN WILL IT CONTINUE IF I GO OFFLINE?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IF I RUN A FULL SCAN WILL IT CONTINUE IF I GO OFFLINE?: IF I RUN A FULL SCAN WILL IT CONTINUE IF I GO OFFLINE?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-run-a-full-scan-will-it-continue-if-i-go/cb5774a7-5142-4bb9-93a6-84fbc14e21bf
  9. Printer offline since windows KB4524147 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer offline since windows KB4524147 update: Since KB452147 update my printer now says offline, works fine with my laptop (not updated), the uninstall option is not there for this update, option for certain other updates to uninstall are there so not a admin rights problem, can anyone help. I have tried uninstalling...
  10. Printer going offline

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer going offline: I have installed two windows 10 computer as server and client Kyocera printers but when the server printer displays warming up or app available,the client computer displays server printer offline.Tried power cycle option 10 or 30 secs but after some time of not printing the...