Windows 10: Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 and upgraded my internet package, my WiFi keeps...

Discus and support Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 and upgraded my internet package, my WiFi keeps... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and then upgraded my internet speed with my internet provider. Ever since I made these two changes,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Confusedasker, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 and upgraded my internet package, my WiFi keeps...

Hello everyone

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and then upgraded my internet speed with my internet provider. Ever since I made these two changes, my wifi keeps disconnecting. If I try to reconnect, I get a message stating that I am unable to connect to the wifi. I have to use troubleshoot to reconnect each time. I work from home and this is causing serious issues with my ability to work.

Things I've tried:

-I've updated all my drivers

-I've uninstalled the wifi in device manager, restarted my laptop and reconnected to it

-I've flushed settings using command

-Ive run a scannow and the command to check drives

-I've checked for malware

I am still trying out other options but it's a guessing game right now as to what is causing this issue, so any guidance from anyone who may have come across a similar issue would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Confusedasker, Nov 18, 2019

2. Upgrading to Windows 10 from windows 7 and losing internet connection

A couple of days ago I upgraded my desktop to windows 10 after getting one of those MS prompts. However now I cannot access the internet and suspect the drivers from the Gigabyte GA-MA790X-ud4 motherboard does not support the internet drivers required. Searching the manufacturers website has not given me any joy either. Can anyone offer any suggestions?

iwanttobeabookie, Nov 18, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 18, 2019
  4. Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 and upgraded my internet package, my WiFi keeps...

Windows 10 upgrade rant..

The free space shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to built 1607. I manually upgraded my own laptop which had only 9gigs free space left on the system drive.

I unzipped the Windows 10 Pro anniversary edition ISO on my D drive, and started the upgrade process from there. At one point the installer complained about not having enough free space on the main drive, i just had to point it to the D drive to proceed to the next step. Now the rollback installation is stored there and doesn't clog up the C drive anymore.

In your case you could insert a large sdcard to act as the required rollback drive, i'm pretty sure it would do the trick.

Oh and by the way, if you want to further compress your System files:
    • do a search Command Prompt, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always and hit Enter.
    You'll will gain anything from 2 to 4 gigs free space after it's done.

blobster21, Nov 18, 2019
Thema:

Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 and upgraded my internet package, my WiFi keeps...

1. Ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 and upgraded my internet package, my WiFi keeps... - Similar Threads - Ever since upgraded

2. BSoD ever since i upgraded to Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD ever since i upgraded to Windows 11.: Every time i load into my computer, I can play some games for a bit then the computer closes the game or restarts my computer with a random Stop code. This never happened in windows 10. I am so sick and tired of the constant restarts. It is hindering my game enjoyment and I...
  3. BSoD ever since i upgraded to Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD ever since i upgraded to Windows 11.: Every time i load into my computer, I can play some games for a bit then the computer closes the game or restarts my computer with a random Stop code. This never happened in windows 10. I am so sick and tired of the constant restarts. It is hindering my game enjoyment and I...
  4. Microsoft did an upgrade to my Windows 10 and since the upgrade the monitor is flashing on...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft did an upgrade to my Windows 10 and since the upgrade the monitor is flashing on...: Microsoft did an upgrade to my Windows 10 and since the upgrade the monitor is flashing on and off continually. What do I do ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-did-an-upgrade-to-my-windows-10-and/fc8880f6-c55c-4d96-acd6-1152d7f793c4
  5. Since upgrading to Windows 10, my Internet access is EXTREEEEEMLY slow.

Since upgrading to Windows 10, my Internet access is EXTREEEEEMLY slow.: What do I need to do to rectify the extreme internet slowness since upgrading to Windows 10? It is so painful! Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/since-upgrading-to-windows-10-my-internet-access/8e422c94-158c-4518-980d-117fa2d21a88
  6. Ever since I've upgraded my phone, it has made a problem for microSD

Ever since I've upgraded my phone, it has made a problem for microSD: Ever since I've upgraded my phone, it has made a problem for microSDEver since I've upgraded my phone, it has made a problem for microSD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ever-since-ive-upgraded-my-phone-it-has-made-a/11f120af-192a-41a1-891e-f7689a96f592
  7. Cannot get on internet since upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot get on internet since upgrading to windows 10: Since upgrading to windows 10 I cannot get on the internet. First error I got was "windows sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing" I tried countless solutions: 1. Reinstalling the network protocols (failed due to group policies) 2....
  8. WiFi on but no internet access after Windows 10 upgrade?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi on but no internet access after Windows 10 upgrade?: Apologies if this has been addressed already but I haven't been able to find a post with this particular issue. Here's the background information: I have a Dell Vostro 3750 notebook which I upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 using a Windows 10 "1511" build DVD....
  9. Sluggish ever since the upgrade

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sluggish ever since the upgrade: Hey guys I just went through hell to install windows 10, I finally have it installed, but it is very slow when it comes to fps, from league where I get as low as 8 fps, to borderlands where I get 30-40, it has lowered drastically from what it once was. I will say that I have...
  10. Since upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Since upgrading to windows 10: Hello, New here. I upgraded to windows 10 this morning and since doing so my speakers are turned off in windows. I have hunted everywhere to turn them on and can't find how to do it and also I can not play videos on youtube. It just gives me an error. Before I upgraded both...