Windows 10: Ever since I've done a Windows reinstall, my system is a mess

Discus and support Ever since I've done a Windows reinstall, my system is a mess in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey folks, long story short - I was forced to reinstall my Windows so I've used "RESET this PC" option with complete system reinstall, while keeping my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/yp261, Nov 25, 2019.

1. /u/yp261 Win User

Ever since I've done a Windows reinstall, my system is a mess

Hey folks, long story short - I was forced to reinstall my Windows so I've used "RESET this PC" option with complete system reinstall, while keeping my files.

I have 2 SSD, first one is for system, the other one is for games and other stuff. I used it for Xbox Game Pass games so there was WindowsApps folder that wasn't removed after resetting my PC.

ever since the reset, I was unable to remove it, install games on this SSD (because of permission error) so I opened safe mode and force removed the entire folder.

Since that, I can't install anything again from the Xbox App. Anytime I press "Install", it downloads the game, gives me a message that it was installed succesfully, but it isn't visible anywhere and button goes to "install" again. Whenever I press install, it start the download and within a second I receive a message that it was installed and I can use it. But I can't.... https://i.imgur.com/twCwNqy.png

I desperately need help here, because nothing has helped. Reinstalling GamingServices didn't, tens of troubleshoot apps from Microsoft didn't help as well. I don't use any antivirus besides Windows Defender and I don't really want to format my SSD because it has 600GB of data

submitted by /u/yp261
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/yp261, Nov 25, 2019
  2. jpierce55 Win User

Reinstall Windows?

You don't need to reinstall windows. Go to the device manager and remove uninstall the processor and motherboard drivers listed. When you start the system back up you should be able to re-install the new ones. I just changed my mobo/processor Friday, everything is fine.

BTW I have seen some reviews that state practically no difference in using more than 2gb of ram.

jpierce55, Nov 25, 2019
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Ever since I've done a Windows reinstall, my system is a mess

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

Ever since I've done a Windows reinstall, my system is a mess

1. Ever since I've done a Windows reinstall, my system is a mess - Similar Threads - Ever since I've

2. Recurrent random BSODs ever since I've build my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recurrent random BSODs ever since I've build my PC: Hi! It's my first time posting on this forums so please bear with me. I'm at my wits end with my PC. It just keeps doing random BSOD or just hanging up when I'm doing stuff or playing, heck even on idle. I have been experiencing this problem since the beginning. Most of my...
  3. Recurrent random BSODs ever since I've build my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recurrent random BSODs ever since I've build my PC: Hi! It's my first time posting on this forums so please bear with me. I'm at my wits end with my PC. It just keeps doing random BSOD or just hanging up when I'm doing stuff or playing, heck even on idle. I have been experiencing this problem since the beginning. Most of my...
  4. I've done goofed with my documents folder.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I've done goofed with my documents folder.: I wanted to change my documents system folder location from C:\ to D:\. Yes, I now know that if you just select the new location as plain D:\ in the location tab, it takes over your entire D:\ and you cannot separate between the two. But I discovered this only after I did it....
  5. Random 2000ms ping spikes ever since reinstall of windows???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random 2000ms ping spikes ever since reinstall of windows???: So I reinstalled windows 10 on an ssd so it would boot faster, I loaded it up perfectly and the actual software works fine but every couple of minutes I get a massive ping spike, I use a netgear A7000 and have never had any problems with it until this windows reinstall, I...
  6. I've messed up my pc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I've messed up my pc: I accidentally installed a virus and now I'm in a auto repair loop I've tried everything in videos I've seen to get out of this but nothing has worked. Is there anything I could do? submitted by /u/cyka_blyat_doz_memz [link] [comments]...
  7. Ever since I've gotten Windows 10 it's been nothing but trouble

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ever since I've gotten Windows 10 it's been nothing but trouble: I upgraded to a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 in February of 2018 and I have had a more problems than this OS is worth. First of all let me give some back story, I am a video editor so I need this computer for a lot of color grading. That being said, for the past several...
  8. Ever since I've upgraded my phone, it has made a problem for microSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Ever since I've upgraded my phone, it has made a problem for microSD: Ever since I've upgraded my phone, it has made a problem for microSDEver since I've upgraded my phone, it has made a problem for microSD https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ever-since-ive-upgraded-my-phone-it-has-made-a/11f120af-192a-41a1-891e-f7689a96f592
  9. I've messed up my system icons (again)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I've messed up my system icons (again): I need help. I recently reinstalled some drivers and software and ran CCleaner. CCleaner has been known to mess up some of my icons, but this time it messed up system icons I really want back. When programs open and they need administrator permission, the icon would be...
  10. No idea what I've done!

in Windows 10 Support
    No idea what I've done!: [img] Hi OK I am having File Explorer problems. Firstly under "This PC" I seem to have 2 Desktop folders (see pic) By default, I have downloaded files (music, movies etc) going straight onto the desktop. Tonight, however, I couldn't find my recently downloaded files...