Windows 10: Ever since I've gotten Windows 10 it's been nothing but trouble

Discus and support Ever since I've gotten Windows 10 it's been nothing but trouble in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I upgraded to a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 in February of 2018 and I have had a more problems than this OS is worth. First of all let me give... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JBrogan, Oct 22, 2019.

1. JBrogan Win User

Ever since I've gotten Windows 10 it's been nothing but trouble

I upgraded to a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 in February of 2018 and I have had a more problems than this OS is worth. First of all let me give some back story, I am a video editor so I need this computer for a lot of color grading. That being said, for the past several months the Night Light function has been stuck on with no way of turning it off, essentially crippling my ability to color grade. I have had to take this computer to 3rd party tech support, sadly Microsoft has left me in the dark not even returning my call when there was a scheduled appointment, for many other problems. And now the other day, my preferred browser, Google Chrome, will not connect to the internet. Other browsers like Edge and Firefox work perfectly but nothing can be done with Chrome and neither Microsoft nor Google tech support have been of any help.

Does anyone have recommendations on how I should fix this computer, I have considered resetting the OS but an resistant to do so because I will have to rebuy the, sadly very expensive, editing software I use. Does anyone have any recommendations, should I just get a Mac or Lynox??

:)

JBrogan, Oct 22, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 22, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 22, 2019
  4. Ever since I've gotten Windows 10 it's been nothing but trouble

Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

Ever since I've gotten Windows 10 it's been nothing but trouble

1. Ever since I've gotten Windows 10 it's been nothing but trouble - Similar Threads - Ever since I've

2. OK I've gotten nothing but black screen after update...help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OK I've gotten nothing but black screen after update...help.: I installed the recent update. It said that it had installed 100% and then said restarting, I have nothing on the screens now. The monitors are not even getting signal from the video card they are plugged into. I can't start in safe mode, etc., because I don't even get the...
  3. OK I've gotten nothing but black screen after update...help.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OK I've gotten nothing but black screen after update...help.: I installed the recent update. It said that it had installed 100% and then said restarting, I have nothing on the screens now. The monitors are not even getting signal from the video card they are plugged into. I can't start in safe mode, etc., because I don't even get the...
  4. OK I've gotten nothing but black screen after update...help.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Ever since the padlock symbol arrived on my WiFi symbol, I've been having slow internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ever since the padlock symbol arrived on my WiFi symbol, I've been having slow internet.: This happened right after I updated my PC recently, can't be any other programs because my games have connection problems and I download other stuff slowly because of this. Thanks in advance....
  6. I have gotten this error ever since updating to Windows 10 - 0x80096004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have gotten this error ever since updating to Windows 10 - 0x80096004: Hello, I have recently updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but I can now not update it any more. As well as this, it makes it so that I cannot update my graphics driver. I have ran the troubleshooter, but it was unable to help me. Any help would be greatly appreciated!...
  7. Ever since windows 10 2004...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Ever since windows 10 2004...: Ever since Windows 10 2004 my screen tends to stay black when booting Windows! This is VERY annoying... Does anyone have a fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ever-since-windows-10-2004/80b37d06-7c90-41d0-840f-6f8910b69f8b
  8. Ever since Windows 10 the local network has been cripple

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ever since Windows 10 the local network has been cripple: Ì am afraid I have a sticky question. Since quite some time i have two desktops and a laptop on windows 10 latest update and the local private area network has never functioned properly. Often they can't even see their own shares and not the other computer(s). One computer...
  9. Ever since I've done a Windows reinstall, my system is a mess

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ever since I've done a Windows reinstall, my system is a mess: Hey folks, long story short - I was forced to reinstall my Windows so I've used "RESET this PC" option with complete system reinstall, while keeping my files. I have 2 SSD, first one is for system, the other one is for games and other stuff. I used it for Xbox Game Pass...
  10. Windows 10 is Nothing but TROUBLE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 is Nothing but TROUBLE: Unfortunately, I'm stuck with Windows 10. This year alone Windows 10 has disconnected my wireless speaker and completely stopped my wireless keyboard from working. It's most frustrating and I'm very tired of the continuous problems. I have no patience for software that does...