Windows 10: Ever since I've updated to Windows 10 build 2004, these small search icons appear on my...

Discus and support Ever since I've updated to Windows 10 build 2004, these small search icons appear on my... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/The_Billposter [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/The_Billposter, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Ever since I've updated to Windows 10 build 2004, these small search icons appear on my...

/u/The_Billposter, Jun 29, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

How to get the Windows 10 May 2020 Update version 2004

I presume the total absence of any tiles is your personal choice, as is removing the Search, Cortana and TaskView icons from the task bar. Seems you are a minimalist. Not my style, but I'll respect your choice.

You link definitely shows the Start, there's no doubt because on the left it includes the power button, a user icon, etc. but it doesn't show the All apps list as your 1909 screenshot does. This lack of an All apps list in your 2004 could be explained by turning off 'Show apps list in Start menu' in Personalization > Start. But that is not the case in your link, if it were there would be three icons at the top left of Start (the 3rd will show the All apps list). But yours has just the one icon, meaning that the All apps list should be displayed already. Here I show how that looks in 2004, first without the All apps list, them with.

Ever since I've updated to Windows 10 build 2004, these small search icons appear on my... [​IMG]

Ever since I've updated to Windows 10 build 2004, these small search icons appear on my... [​IMG]

What appear to be happening is that Search that is appearing on the Start menu on top of the All apps list. Now there is no setting provided by MS to make Search appear on Start, but there is in third-part apps such as Classic Shell or Open Shell. Do you have one of those installed?

Whatever the problem is, it is definitely this Search box (minimalist again, everything turned off except Top apps) you are seeing as a part of Start. How it got put there seems unique to your system, but it's not any setting MS offers (or would have changed in the 2004 upgrade) that has done this.

3. Edwin Win User
    Small taskbar icons and Cortana search

What do I suggest?

I suggest you hit the WinKey and start typing..., forget the icon and search box altogether! *Wink

Edwin, Jun 29, 2020
  4. Mysticode Win User

Ever since I've updated to Windows 10 build 2004, these small search icons appear on my...

Minimize to icon tray not working in Windows 10 Anniversary Edition

Since updating to Windows 10 Anniversary Edition, RealTemp is no longer minimizing to my icon tray. Is anyone else having these issues?

Thank you.

Mysticode, Jun 29, 2020
Thema:

Ever since I've updated to Windows 10 build 2004, these small search icons appear on my...

1. Ever since I've updated to Windows 10 build 2004, these small search icons appear on my... - Similar Threads - Ever since I've

2. Recurrent random BSODs ever since I've build my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recurrent random BSODs ever since I've build my PC: Hi! It's my first time posting on this forums so please bear with me. I'm at my wits end with my PC. It just keeps doing random BSOD or just hanging up when I'm doing stuff or playing, heck even on idle. I have been experiencing this problem since the beginning. Most of my...
  3. Recurrent random BSODs ever since I've build my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recurrent random BSODs ever since I've build my PC: Hi! It's my first time posting on this forums so please bear with me. I'm at my wits end with my PC. It just keeps doing random BSOD or just hanging up when I'm doing stuff or playing, heck even on idle. I have been experiencing this problem since the beginning. Most of my...
  4. Windows 10 white screen on boot ever since update to 2004 20h1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 white screen on boot ever since update to 2004 20h1: I believe 2004 update, which I had to remove back in summer 2020 due to it locking me, the admin, out of my device manager/etc, has ruined my computer and I am writing to see how I can make my own bootable dvd of windows 10 that I bought? Since 1909 is the last build that...
  5. Windows Search is not working since 2004 update

in Cortana
    Windows Search is not working since 2004 update: Windows Search is not working since 2004 update. When I click the search button, nothing happens. Same with Win + Q. Task Manager doesn't show any SearchUI.exe running. And I have done sfc scam and DCIM scans.... No luck!...
  6. [Bug] Windows 10 Build 2004 - Start Menu Search Icons Missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Bug] Windows 10 Build 2004 - Start Menu Search Icons Missing: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/edgy_arousal [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i7xbow/bug_windows_10_build_2004_start_menu_search_icons/
  7. Windows 10 Build 2004 Update Windows Search Not Working

Windows 10 Build 2004 Update Windows Search Not Working: After updating to Build 2004, Windows Search and File Explorer Quick Access no longer work. The troubleshooter reports no problems. Any suggestions? I am on a 64 bit Lenovo desktop, with Windows operating on a SSD....
  8. Ever since windows 10 2004...

Ever since windows 10 2004...: Ever since Windows 10 2004 my screen tends to stay black when booting Windows! This is VERY annoying... Does anyone have a fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ever-since-windows-10-2004/80b37d06-7c90-41d0-840f-6f8910b69f8b
  9. Ever since I've done a Windows reinstall, my system is a mess

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ever since I've done a Windows reinstall, my system is a mess: Hey folks, long story short - I was forced to reinstall my Windows so I've used "RESET this PC" option with complete system reinstall, while keeping my files. I have 2 SSD, first one is for system, the other one is for games and other stuff. I used it for Xbox Game Pass...
  10. Ever since I've gotten Windows 10 it's been nothing but trouble

Ever since I've gotten Windows 10 it's been nothing but trouble: I upgraded to a new Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 in February of 2018 and I have had a more problems than this OS is worth. First of all let me give some back story, I am a video editor so I need this computer for a lot of color grading. That being said, for the past several...