Windows 10: Ever since the most recent major Windows version update today, all of my gaming has been...

Discus and support Ever since the most recent major Windows version update today, all of my gaming has been... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Updated my pc this afternoon as it gave me no choice but to update now or later. It seems to be a MAJOR update since i now have a windows.old in my C:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gabriels_feather, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Ever since the most recent major Windows version update today, all of my gaming has been...

Updated my pc this afternoon as it gave me no choice but to update now or later. It seems to be a MAJOR update since i now have a windows.old in my C:

I had to go back into my settings and reset absolutely everything to the state I had it before (cortana off, etc.) but I can't seem to figure out why all of my PC online games are lagging intensely; they were fine last night. 500ms+ ping while another pc in the house runs at 37 so I definitely think its related to this update.

Does anyone know what I could look for to maybe help get this down to normal levels?

submitted by /u/gabriels_feather
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gabriels_feather, Mar 23, 2020
  2. THX1138 Win User

Steam games recent list does not update

The recently used program list for the Steam computer game client never updates. It says recent but it misses actual recent games that I've played and lists games that I haven't touched for months or years. How can I investigate the reason for this list not updating? It works just fine for other programs on the Start Menu. I tried searching for information but the word "update" in the search string returns results about Steam and Windows updates and not about the recent list updating.

Ever since the most recent major Windows version update today, all of my gaming has been... [​IMG]

THX1138, Mar 23, 2020
  3. Windows ten update today has caused all games FPS to drop to nothing / not run at all.

Hi Narubia,

In order to help you with your concern about the issue on your games not working after today's update, kindly answer the following questions first:

• What is you current Windows Version and Build? Follow these steps to access the information:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type Winver.
    • Press Enter.
    • Look for the Windows Build and Version.

• Are there no pending updates to install?
    • What troubleshooting have you taken so far?

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Mar 23, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Ever since the most recent major Windows version update today, all of my gaming has been...

Next Major Windows 10 Update Named "Spring Creators Update"

The next Windows 10 service pack major update has been named "Spring Creators Update." Windows Insider Program users toying with Build 17618 of the operating system spotted a listing of all the major updates of Windows 10 known to the build, when running "Get-VMHostSupportedVersion" in Power Shell. The last entry reads "Microsoft Windows 10 Spring Creators Update 1803." The version number (1803 in this case), often coincides with the public release date of the update. The Fall Creators Update 1709, released in 2017-09 (September) to Insiders. Going by that convenion, Spring Creators Update could see a "branded" Insider preview build this month, 2018-03 (March), with a public release usually 3-4 weeks after, presumably before Summer kicks in.

Ever since the most recent major Windows version update today, all of my gaming has been... pEBOXRTl55rNtJHh_thm.jpg

btarunr, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

Ever since the most recent major Windows version update today, all of my gaming has been...

1. Ever since the most recent major Windows version update today, all of my gaming has been... - Similar Threads - Ever since recent

2. Most recent update crashing my games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Most recent update crashing my games: Everything was working fine yesterday, Updated my computer and now one of my games is unplayable.SourceSniper Ghost Warrior 3SummaryStopped workingDate‎16/‎04/‎2023 1:53 AMStatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Program Files...
  3. Most recent update crashing my games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Most recent update crashing my games: Everything was working fine yesterday, Updated my computer and now one of my games is unplayable.SourceSniper Ghost Warrior 3SummaryStopped workingDate‎16/‎04/‎2023 1:53 AMStatusReport sentDescriptionFaulting Application Path: C:\Program Files...
  4. Most recent update crashing my games

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Ever since updating my windows software, my mouse has been scrolling automatically and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ever since updating my windows software, my mouse has been scrolling automatically and...: Ever since updating my windows software, my mouse has been scrolling automatically and keyboard has been malfunctioning https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ever-since-updating-my-windows-software-my-mouse/1b100ad6-3e08-414e-ad85-30a7b182eec6
  6. Ever since updating my windows software, my mouse has been scrolling automatically and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ever since updating my windows software, my mouse has been scrolling automatically and...: Ever since updating my windows software, my mouse has been scrolling automatically and keyboard has been malfunctioning https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ever-since-updating-my-windows-software-my-mouse/1b100ad6-3e08-414e-ad85-30a7b182eec6
  7. Since the most recent Windows update, I've been getting desktop ads

in Windows 10 Customization
    Since the most recent Windows update, I've been getting desktop ads: Since installing the most recent Windows 10 update, that which included the integrated, improved Edge browser, I have been getting near-daily ads on my desktop, even when no apps or browsers are running. The ads so far have only been for two products...WinZip and Samsung....
  8. Massive problems with games ever since recent updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Massive problems with games ever since recent updates: Ever since an update or two before the 2004 version of Windows, I've been experiencing problems opening certain games. They would open to a blank window or their loading screen, then close. Then, after opening those specific games and having them crash, any time afterward...
  9. All 3 of our laptops are slow since the most recent update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    All 3 of our laptops are slow since the most recent update: Last week all of our our laptops got the mandatory Windows 10 updates. Since then all 3 of our laptops have been running EXTREMELY slowly. Any notion what's causing it and how to fix? Thanks! Maryanna...
  10. My disk has been running at 100% ever since a recent Windows update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My disk has been running at 100% ever since a recent Windows update.: HP Omen Desktop 870-224 7th Gen. Intel Core i5-7400 processor 8 GBB DDR4-2133 SDRAM mem. NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 Windows 10 I'm not much of a tech sav, however I had updated my computer a few days ago and didn't touch it until friday, I come back to it and it's all of a...