Windows 10: Ever since the upgrade I'm getting defender warnings about security issues....is there a fix?

Discus and support Ever since the upgrade I'm getting defender warnings about security issues....is there a fix? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Seriously,,,,why is this always so hard with Microsoft?! * Moved from IE8/Win 7... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Skipc123, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Skipc123 Win User

Ever since the upgrade I'm getting defender warnings about security issues....is there a fix?

Seriously,,,,why is this always so hard with Microsoft?!

* Moved from IE8/Win 7

:)

Skipc123, Sep 14, 2018

2. Issues with Windows defender after upgraded to Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft community.

I appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

To begin with troubleshooting I would like you to answer the following question:

• How did you perform upgrade? Is it through update or through media creation tool?

I suggest you to check the latest version of Windows defender by clicking on
    Settings>update and security>Windows defender.

If latest version is installed and still its not working then
    I suggest you to run Windows Update Troubleshooter

Follow the below steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
      • Select Troubleshooting.
      • Select View all on the top left corner.
      • Click on windows update.
      • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

If you have performed upgradation through media creation tool then there is no option to rollback. But if you upgrade through Windows update you can roll back by clicking on
    Settings>update and security>recovery>rollback.

Please get back to us with updated status, we will be happy to assist you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Kari Win User
    Getting this security warning

Ever since the upgrade I'm getting defender warnings about security issues....is there a fix? [​IMG]
    Warning That is most definitely a scam, whatever you do don't call that number, don't allow that page open pop-ups!

You said that page will open every time you open Edge. That might be because the site has added it to the list of pages that opens whenever Edge is launched. I've see this happen when user has accidentally visited a not too safe site. Check that list first, if the page is there remove it by clicking the X after the site address. See screenshot:

Ever since the upgrade I'm getting defender warnings about security issues....is there a fix? [​IMG]

4. Ever since the upgrade I'm getting defender warnings about security issues....is there a fix?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Ever since the upgrade I'm getting defender warnings about security issues....is there a fix?

1. Ever since the upgrade I'm getting defender warnings about security issues....is there a fix? - Similar Threads - Ever since upgrade

2. Windows defender security warning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows defender security warning: Clicked on a link and this message popped up. Mouse not working, can't x out There is a phone number, but not sure it's legit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-security-warning/89278f31-9b3a-46df-b305-03b229f1ceb4
  3. Windows defender security warning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows defender security warning: Clicked on a link and this message popped up. Mouse not working, can't x out There is a phone number, but not sure it's legit? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defender-security-warning/89278f31-9b3a-46df-b305-03b229f1ceb4
  4. Local Security Authority is on but I'm getting warnings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Security Authority is on but I'm getting warnings: Windows 11 Single LanguageI am getting warnings in the message center that Local Security Authority protection is off. But, when I check, it's turned on.I have toggled it on and off and rebooted - still getting the message.I don't want to dismiss the message in case there is...
  5. Local Security Authority is on but I'm getting warnings

Local Security Authority is on but I'm getting warnings: Windows 11 Single LanguageI am getting warnings in the message center that Local Security Authority protection is off. But, when I check, it's turned on.I have toggled it on and off and rebooted - still getting the message.I don't want to dismiss the message in case there is...
  6. Local Security Authority is on but I'm getting warnings

Local Security Authority is on but I'm getting warnings: HI,Windows 11 Pro.I am getting warnings in the message centre that Local Security Authority protection is off. But, when I check, it's turned on.I have toggled it on and off and rebooted - still getting the message.I don't want to dismiss the message in case there is an...
  7. Local Security Authority is on but I'm getting warnings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Security Authority is on but I'm getting warnings: HI,Windows 11 Pro.I am getting warnings in the message centre that Local Security Authority protection is off. But, when I check, it's turned on.I have toggled it on and off and rebooted - still getting the message.I don't want to dismiss the message in case there is an...
  8. windows-defender - security warning

windows-defender - security warning: i was going though my laptop when all of a sudden, my whole screen was covered with a page that says “Windows-Defender - Security Warning”… i dont see any “ex-out” button and it says to contact Windows Support immediately with the number 272-207-1710is this fake, or do i...
  9. [Fix] Windows Defender Warning about OneDrive does not Dismiss

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    [Fix] Windows Defender Warning about OneDrive does not Dismiss: 03/23/2020 I had this issue until I clicked on and finished setting up my Personal Vault in one drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fix-windows-defender-warning-about-onedrive-does/7ebe0ba2-b66d-4f08-83c8-ef45114de364
  10. Sluggish ever since the upgrade

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sluggish ever since the upgrade: Hey guys I just went through hell to install windows 10, I finally have it installed, but it is very slow when it comes to fps, from league where I get as low as 8 fps, to borderlands where I get 30-40, it has lowered drastically from what it once was. I will say that I have...