Windows 10: ever since updating to 20h1 my icons on the taskbar have become annoyingly wide...

Discus and support ever since updating to 20h1 my icons on the taskbar have become annoyingly wide... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dont_forget_canada [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/dont_forget_canada, Jun 12, 2020.

1. ever since updating to 20h1 my icons on the taskbar have become annoyingly wide...

/u/dont_forget_canada, Jun 12, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jun 12, 2020
  3. missing system wide icons

Hi Janet,

You might have accidentally change some settings on your computer.

We suggest following these troubleshooting steps on how to resolve the issue:

Method 1: Check View option.

• Right-click the desktop.
    • Select View and then Show desktop icons.
    • Make sure the option is checked.

If issue persist, follow the method below.

Method 2: Check Settings.

• Click Start, search for Settings.
    • Select Tablet mode on the left pane.
    • Turn off Hide app icons on the taskbar in tablet mode and
      Automatically hide the taskbar in tablet mode

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Jun 12, 2020
  4. ever since updating to 20h1 my icons on the taskbar have become annoyingly wide...

How to remove an Icon of "eConnect by Harris School Solutions" on my Taskbar

Hi Graceimson,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the "eConnect by Harris School Solutions"
    from the taskbar and check if it helps.

• Right click on the icon "eConnect by Harris School Solutions".
    • Click on “Unpin from Taskbar” the icon will be removed from the taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jun 12, 2020
Thema:

ever since updating to 20h1 my icons on the taskbar have become annoyingly wide...

1. ever since updating to 20h1 my icons on the taskbar have become annoyingly wide... - Similar Threads - ever since updating

2. Ever since my lenovo laptop updated to windows 11, the taskbar, and start have disappeared

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ever since my lenovo laptop updated to windows 11, the taskbar, and start have disappeared: Ever since my lenovo laptop updated to windows 11, the taskbar, and start have disappeared. I have carried out a factory reset. Checked all updates are up to date. Made sure the setting are correct for the taskbar. But it’s gone!...
  3. Ever since my lenovo laptop updated to windows 11, the taskbar, and start have disappeared

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ever since my lenovo laptop updated to windows 11, the taskbar, and start have disappeared: Ever since my lenovo laptop updated to windows 11, the taskbar, and start have disappeared. I have carried out a factory reset. Checked all updates are up to date. Made sure the setting are correct for the taskbar. But it’s gone!...
  4. Icons on the Desktop have become very wide.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icons on the Desktop have become very wide.: Hi, good day.I tried to increase the font size in the computer to 150% and then feeling uncomfortable brought it back to 100%.the icons on the desktop screen have become very wide and unusual and most of them not visible.if i refresh the screen everytime-icons are displayed...
  5. Icons on the Desktop have become very wide.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icons on the Desktop have become very wide.: Hi, good day.I tried to increase the font size in the computer to 150% and then feeling uncomfortable brought it back to 100%.the icons on the desktop screen have become very wide and unusual and most of them not visible.if i refresh the screen everytime-icons are displayed...
  6. Icons on the Desktop have become very wide.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 10 white screen on boot ever since update to 2004 20h1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 white screen on boot ever since update to 2004 20h1: I believe 2004 update, which I had to remove back in summer 2020 due to it locking me, the admin, out of my device manager/etc, has ruined my computer and I am writing to see how I can make my own bootable dvd of windows 10 that I bought? Since 1909 is the last build that...
  8. ever since updating to 20h1 my icons on the taskbar have become annoyi

in Windows 10 Support
    ever since updating to 20h1 my icons on the taskbar have become annoyi: its REALLY annoying: https://i.imgur.com/TCU7gOG.png 158330
  9. Desktop icons suddenly have become very wide

Desktop icons suddenly have become very wide: In the image below you can see that the recycling bin icon has become very wide. All my other desktop icons are also like this (hidden for privacy). It is as if the grid has been magnified 5x or something. My display settings are on 100% and the font size is set to the...
  10. Desktop Icons on Taskbar have become rectangle

Desktop Icons on Taskbar have become rectangle: I was using my laptop at school, when my trackpad starts to glitch out, wherever I moved it it kept clicking and in the process did something to my taskbar; I had my desktop Icons showing on the taskbar (the desktop checkbox ticked in the 'toolbars' tab of the taskbar...